Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Lithuanian Black Metal

Lithuanian Black Metal
November 28, 2005, 11:49:51 PM
Does anyone listen to any Lithuanian or other Baltic Black Metal bands like Obtest, Skyforger, Urskumug, Loits (although I don't agree with Loits totalitarian politics) etc.?

Re: Lithuanian Black Metal
November 29, 2005, 10:23:34 PM
there's some pretty solid stuff out there, Skyforger certainly demanding a listen of anyone into folk metal...though most of it isn't certainly original there is stuff worth a listen for anyone into the style. Also I don't see why you'd differentiate lithuania from the rest of the east european countries when it comes to this kind of music - they all sound essentially the same. Skyforger is Latvian, by the way...

November 30, 2005, 01:17:06 AM
I haven't actually gotten my hands on any baltic BM CD's sadly. I've heard very nice reviews about Skyforger and Swordmaster.

November 30, 2005, 01:45:20 AM
Well I wasn't really trying to differentiate Lith from any other Baltic bands, just a lot that I listen to comes from there. I know they're Latvian, Obtest (my favorite of the bunch) is Lithuanian. All good stuff though...

there's some pretty solid stuff out there, Skyforger certainly demanding a listen of anyone into folk metal...though most of it isn't certainly original there is stuff worth a listen for anyone into the style. Also I don't see why you'd differentiate lithuania from the rest of the east european countries when it comes to this kind of music - they all sound essentially the same. Skyforger is Latvian, by the way...