Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Why well educated dullards fear ANUS

Why well educated dullards fear ANUS
December 09, 2008, 01:45:16 AM
A comment from reddit

I'm sorry I deleted my post. I wouldn't have if I thought someone was replying to it. For reference, I argued that the author's premise that the strong must subjugate the weak or the weak will subjugate the strong was a 'false dichotomy' fallacy. And I concluded that this invalidated his argument.

My point that the author's premise was a dichotomy was a valid one. No where in his argument does he allude to the possibility that there may be conclusions which don't require one group to subjugate the other. Perhaps you are arguing that the authors position is a true dichotomy, but my characterization was still accurate even if my conclusion was wrong.

That's as far as I will go with logic games with you. You seem to idealize societies that were based on the belief of some people being born less human and less deserving of rights than others, and you seem to believe that class is biologically innate.

These beliefs disgust me, and I have no intention of showing them the respect that logic discourse would lend them.

http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/7evlc/how_listening_to_the_crowd_leads_to_a_nanny_state/c06h3b9

Problems:

1) Emotional overreaction / underconfidence deleting own post then apologizing for misbehaviour
2) Beating the tired "strong subjugating the weak" and "some people being born less human and less deserving of rights" strawman, the latter was not at all stated or implied anywhere. Actually, when in all of history and natural science has strong subjugating the weak never been an empirical rule by the way? Why not change society to make the rule work more benevolently instead of crazily pretending inequality doesn't exist while blind to society's ludicrous money and popularity supremacist game?
3) Not once justifying or providing examples of egalitarian / interchangeable human sameness beliefs, indicating they are no more than an insubstantive mass fantasy ideology espoused by the dysfunctional millstones around society's neck

Re: Why well educated dullards fear ANUS
December 09, 2008, 04:27:25 AM
This dullard fear is inevitable. Egalitarianism, human rights, general humanitarianism and the like are sacraments in modern western society. To reject, nay, to even challenge these unassailable ideas is to undermine the very mortar which supposedly undergirds modern democracies. Of course all this is so much emotional claptrap based effectively on nothing more than wishful thinking/fantasy, outright denial, a massive propaganda machine(mass-media, entertainment complex, corporations, academia) and flat-out lies...which if you think about it really has historic appeal to westerners - it's all quite Judeo-Christian in design and its adherents possess all the blind zeal of the most sanctimonious evangelical or fundamentalist! The more things change and all that...   

Re: Why well educated dullards fear ANUS
December 09, 2008, 12:09:32 PM
You seem to idealize societies that were based on the belief of some people being born less human and less deserving of rights than others, and you seem to believe that class is biologically innate.

Isn't this just the taboo of our time?

"You can be anything you want to be" versus "Your abilities are innate, so find a place and stop agitating for what you don't deserve, because it will fuck up society for the rest of us."

The peasants have revolted, and are pretending to be kings, philosophers, artists and lovers.

What's amazing is how fucking exactly it parallels what happened in black metal.

Kings

Burzum
Immortal
Gorgoroth
Emperor
Darkthrone

Peasants

Abyssic Hate
Horna
In Flames
Dimmu Borgir
Ulver

Got Turnips? No, these are modally reductionist turnips... Thank God.