Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Are most metalheads just...losers?

Re: Are most metalheads just...losers?
December 17, 2008, 07:08:01 AM
personally, i think Mirdautas signed up just to post in this thread with his pessimistic worldview.

what ASBO was trying to bring to light is that many people need a good mental kick in the ass. they need to stop whining about everything. and that is where my following complaint comes in.

im sick of all this bullshit, all of this inane internet squabbling. if you have a different viewpoint, express it, but dont resort to name calling and low brow insults. yeah, sure i bet someone will call me on this and say im being hypocritical. but id rather be a hypocrite than a whiny runt.

resolve your differences in a mature manner, or else i suggest leaving this board and taking your opinions and negative attitude with you.

December 17, 2008, 07:31:05 AM
personally, i think Mirdautas signed up just to post in this thread with his pessimistic worldview.

what ASBO was trying to bring to light is that many people need a good mental kick in the ass. they need to stop whining about everything. and that is where my following complaint comes in.

im sick of all this bullshit, all of this inane internet squabbling. if you have a different viewpoint, express it, but dont resort to name calling and low brow insults. yeah, sure i bet someone will call me on this and say im being hypocritical. but id rather be a hypocrite than a whiny runt.

resolve your differences in a mature manner, or else i suggest leaving this board and taking your opinions and negative attitude with you.

I've been a member of this board longer than this discussion, I've in fact been a lurker just to scope out the the state of the "ANUS"  and see what I could contribute to. However, I do agree people do need a mental kick in the ass, but to say thats all he was saying is in fact wrong.

I have no problem with him, this is just a board and it is a debate. My attitudes however are far less negative than what is expressed here on a regular basis, then again one doesn't earn the name spiritual loser for nothing. It more or less just seems I ruffled a few feathers and many people on the board cannot handle a different view point without crucifying one another at first draw, including the last few posts.

December 17, 2008, 07:39:55 AM

I've been a member of this board longer than this discussion, I've in fact been a lurker just to scope out the the state of the "ANUS"  and see what I could contribute to. However, I do agree people do need a mental kick in the ass, but to say thats all he was saying is in fact wrong.

I have no problem with him, this is just a board and it is a debate. My attitudes however are far less negative than what is expressed here on a regular basis, then again one doesn't earn the name spiritual loser for nothing. It more or less just seems I ruffled a few feathers and many people on the board cannot handle a different view point without crucifying one another at first draw, including the last few posts.
You seem to equate forum discussion with the ideas of ANUS as a whole, and also seem to believe that ANUS is comprised of forum users. Have you read any of the material at the homepage stating how the current state of society is a necessary process of decay which plays into a much larger, natural cycle? Have you read any of the numerous articles stating how one seeing a lack of rationality in modern society should not condemn it, but instead confront it in joyous battle? If not, seek them out.

December 17, 2008, 07:17:16 PM
It more or less just seems I ruffled a few feathers and many people on the board cannot handle a different view point without crucifying one another at first draw, including the last few posts.

What a canned response.

First, your viewpoint isn't different; it's been heard here before in substance if not in detail.

Second, you designed it to provoke, and now are attacking us for responding. That's passive aggression, one of the things people here utterly detest.

If the forum admins were as fascist as some have suggested, they would have deleted your ass by now.

December 17, 2008, 07:19:26 PM

It's clearly not hypocritical to critique the behavior of others with the intent of making sense of something.

What you're describing is individualism. Everyone has to be a big deal, have a big-ass-important "unique" opinion, and draw attention to themselves.

The powers that be and all other parasites take advantage of this neurotic paralysis. I think the biggest problem for people coming on to this forum is seeing that we are people trying to live outside neurotic paralysis. We are not individualists. We want to be anonymous. But we want to be free of the disease.

That's the first step to action, if you ask me...

December 18, 2008, 05:23:23 AM
It more or less just seems I ruffled a few feathers and many people on the board cannot handle a different view point without crucifying one another at first draw, including the last few posts.

What a canned response.

First, your viewpoint isn't different; it's been heard here before in substance if not in detail.

Second, you designed it to provoke, and now are attacking us for responding. That's passive aggression, one of the things people here utterly detest.

If the forum admins were as fascist as some have suggested, they would have deleted your ass by now.

Quoted for truth.

I did design it to challenge as you say and perhaps civility isn't one of my finer points sometimes, but that can be changed.

ken

December 18, 2008, 04:38:46 PM
Real achievement is making the change you desire in life. Not just acting on yourself, but acting on the world.

The human disease is to withdraw into the individual, please the self, and let everything else slide. The result is the status quo.

People who withdraw are losers, in my view. Say what you want about CEOs and billionaires, but they got something done.

One more burn-out working in a record shop is not going to do dick about what that individual finds bad or uninspiring in life. They will just get more depressed and burnt-out.

You sidestepped the question. I ask again, what is a real achievement in life? And remember, traveling is a substitute for a real achievement.

FUCK THESE PEOPLE.

These idiots are the cause of all misery in life. Society supports them; we must tolerate them; yet what do they contribute?

Well, they buy CDs... of shitty bands. They buy books... on moronic topics. They are hipsters idiots who have no purpose and do nothing important.

They are as useless as the slash and burn farmers of the third world, who upon finding a beautiful forest, cut it down and set it ablaze, then do the same thing next year to another patch of forest. Stupid people do destructive things because stupid can only destroy.

Say what you want about CEOs and billionaires, but they got something done.

So you say they are stupid... useless... and only capable of destruction... But at least they got something done, right?

And they are the achievers?

Anybody else see a contradiction here?

You are full of contradictions, ASBO. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who can see it.

What is it exactly that is your claim to having some importance? Are you prepared to tell us all what you do for a living which makes you so high and mighty? What exactly have you "won"? I sure would like to hear it.

And another thing. I respect this forum for the quality of its posts, but quoting-and cutting off-one line, responding to the one line, and ignoring the substance of the post in its entirety? That is what i expect from Revleft or Stormfront. Why do it here?

December 20, 2008, 12:52:56 AM
Oh, ken -- the classic intertard ad-hom comes out. Can we compare moral dicks? Maybe you're more moral than I am, or have better opinions for the crowd. Maybe you're more interesting. Either way, you demand that my opinions be qualified by some kind of justification, so that you can try to shoot me down and feel better about your life, or claim how I'm a hypocrite.

Very well:

I work for this site, which I believe in. I have a family, which I believe in. I have a career, which not only pays the bills but makes life better for others. I have a community church, where you'll find me one night a week working. And for those who know me, I have a small but contributing history here in the metal underground. I recycle, keep a clean house, drive a small car and don't buy plastic garbage.

Now can you grow up and address what I actually said?

Slash and burn peasants don't create anything. CEOs frequently do. You believe the worker is innocent? Dumbass, we've had four hundred years of democracy -- the peasants have been in control this whole time, and look what they've gotten us: ecocide, a miserable existence, and a surplus of idiots.

December 20, 2008, 01:25:18 AM
You are full of contradictions, ASBO. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who can see it.

there is a contradiction, but it's not of the type that destroys either end of the dichotomy. before i started reading ANUS i thought similarly of US politics - one could only choose between bad decisions(Republicans) or no decisions(Democrats).

i'll take the bad decisions. action towards the wrong end is better than inaction, because entropy is universal and applies to social development as heavily as it does to the physical matter of the universe. worst case scenario, the bad decisions become so terrible they're recognized, making the need for an about-face immediately evident to even the most lethargic minds

ken

December 20, 2008, 03:15:50 AM
What did I write about morality?

you demand that my opinions be qualified by some kind of justification, so that you can try to shoot me down and feel better about your life, or claim how I'm a hypocrite.

Some detail, justification, facts, empiricism etc would definitely make for better quality posts. The latter half of that sentence is a clear indicator of insecurity.

You started this topic, I replied. Why reverse my question back to me? I dont post on this forum to insult or get involved in petty name calling. I dont know you in real life, the anonymity of the internet makes insults a pointless waste of time (its telling of a character who hands out insults freely). I post because you started a thread and I want to know more.

As for your achievements, I have nothing else to learn from you in regards to that. You sound like the same any person could be in your "tell me if this fits the profile" paragraph, apart from the last part starting with "disillusioned".

Address what you actually said: lots of emotional hyperbole, no clear thread direction, ends with "why" in uppercase without a question mark.

Slash and burn peasants don't create anything. CEOs frequently do. You believe the worker is innocent? Dumbass, we've had four hundred years of democracy -- the peasants have been in control this whole time, and look what they've gotten us: ecocide, a miserable existence, and a surplus of idiots.

Are you saying the third world farmers burn their own forests? You mean, the peasants, peons, plebs, whatever you want to call them-the proletarians(4 p's!), they are the ones to blame? I hate to ask questions that arent questions, but sometimes I'm not sure if there is any other way to bring my point across. Is it the imprisoned slave who is stupid and useless, or the controlling master? You cannot compare the representative democracy of today to the first beginnings of democracy in Greece. CEO's frequently create things. McDonalds is probably the most famous out of all the rainforest destroyers. I'm not trying to convince you of anything if you think what I'm saying is leftist blather. But do you really think the peasants are in control of the United States? Doesnt matter how much you hate anarchist punks. You are saying the peasants are in control, and then blaming them for everything you hate. This is not true.

You could get negative and complain about morons, but why? It's not like they can change. You can, and right now, most of you are screwing it up by bickering instead of acting.

I could call you a hypocrite. Its only half an insult, really. But it is profound, considering the substance of your recent posts.

December 20, 2008, 04:30:38 AM
You seem to equate forum discussion with the ideas of ANUS as a whole, and also seem to believe that ANUS is comprised of forum users. Have you read any of the material at the homepage stating how the current state of society is a necessary process of decay which plays into a much larger, natural cycle? Have you read any of the numerous articles stating how one seeing a lack of rationality in modern society should not condemn it, but instead confront it in joyous battle? If not, seek them out.

With the posting history and everything I've read on this forum has been reeking of A.N.U.S-ite ideology, so I don't understand how you are trying to deflect a statement that rings true. I've read it previously, it's mostly Prozak proselytizing much like anyone else who has a different view of society does, however with little to no scientific background to his "truths" and "ideas".

Life isn't a battleground, at least my life isn't I view it much, much differently. I guarantee you if you keep viewing the world as such, you will get what you wished and thought about. 

I've also seen people comment on how "morons" are less compassionate but the way I see it, the people around here are less compassionate because they are heavily identified with their ego and are judgmental. Do the people on this board even know what compassion means?

Compassion- the feeling commonly gives rise to an active desire to alleviate another's suffering.

However what I've read and seen is another story, where can one say "moron" and then proceed to claim you are better than the less compassionate person? It is altogether an form of altruism that this site that also appropriates people who don't agree with them as "morons".

December 20, 2008, 08:26:14 AM
Life isn't a battleground, at least my life isn't I view it much, much differently. I guarantee you if you keep viewing the world as such, you will get what you wished and thought about.

Newsflash: Only people who are willing to champion for their causes achieve anything of lasting value.

Even though Gandhi was formally a pacifist, his spirit was that of a real warrior.

I've also seen people comment on how "morons" are less compassionate but the way I see it, the people around here are less compassionate because they are heavily identified with their ego and are judgmental. Do the people on this board even know what compassion means?

Compassion- the feeling commonly gives rise to an active desire to alleviate another's suffering.

Do you know anything of community values?

"Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime"

There are subtle differences in what is commonly thought as altruism and what is realistic and wholistic activity for the community.

However what I've read and seen is another story, where can one say "moron" and then proceed to claim you are better than the less compassionate person? It is altogether an form of altruism that this site that also appropriates people who don't agree with them as "morons".

Cute passive-aggression. You are constantly veiling your attacks against ANUS and DLA community in the form of obscure and ambiguous accusations of hypocrisy.

There has been plenty of this behavior here that new people want to appear cool by exposing a "moral hypocrisy" of the forum benefactors. Do you know why they were failures? They just criticized, but never contributed anything of value.

Now you have had your 15 minutes of forum fame, being all controversial and special.

December 20, 2008, 09:55:51 AM
This framing of my posts as constant passive-aggressive behavior is bullshit, albeit they aren't direct but they certainly aren't indirect.

Newsflash: Only people who are willing to champion for their causes achieve anything of lasting value.

Even though Gandhi was formally a pacifist, his spirit was that of a real warrior.

Right I said I don't view life as a battle, that doesn't mean I don't pour my heart into a cause, needless to say I believe this place is devoid of it.

Do you know anything of community values?

"Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime"

There are subtle differences in what is commonly thought as altruism and what is realistic and wholistic activity for the community.

Apparently not!

I believe the board is confusing "insulting the community" for "teaching a man how to fish", hence if the people here if they were truly dedicated to the mission of change, would learn interpersonal skills and some psychology. I understand the shock method of influencing others, however back when I really believed in the ANUS way it teaches hate and you will find it hard to reach people.

The cab driver picked a man up and the man asked him, "What are the people like in the city... I'm new here?" The cab driver said, "Well what are they like in your city?" He said, "Oh they are really bitchy and snobby... its horrible". The cab driver said, "Well I think you'll find the people pretty much the same here too".

The cab driver picked a man (A different man) up the next day and the man asked the same question the man from yesterday did, "What are the people like in the city... I'm new here?" The cab driver said, "Well what were they like in your previous city?" The man said, "Oh they were really sweet and kind and good... I loved it!" The cab driver said, "Well I think you'll find this city is pretty much the same way".

There has been plenty of this behavior here that new people want to appear cool by exposing a "moral hypocrisy" of the forum benefactors. Do you know why they were failures? They just criticized, but never contributed anything of value.

Now you have had your 15 minutes of forum fame, being all controversial and special.

I don't think the people want to be cool, or else we would be saying other wise, we are here to satisfy curiosity and to have a debate on certain beliefs and ideas. Now if you want to take this as an attack do it.. however never once was I the first, nor have I referred to anyone as a "peasant", "serf", or "slave" and I've been courteous.

being all controversial and special.

Thanks, I'm glad you noticed.

December 20, 2008, 02:55:50 PM
I've read it previously, it's mostly Prozak proselytizing much like anyone else who has a different view of society does, however with little to no scientific background to his "truths" and "ideas".

What sort of "scientific background" would you like? My realization is that most people use this as a cheap diversionary tactic.

For logical argument, "scientific background" is not needed -- logicality is. Are you logical, or are you letting scare quotes and insults stand in for your debating skillz?

December 20, 2008, 03:40:48 PM
for logical argument, yes. for things which exist outside of logic -that is to say, outside of human perception- a refusal to provide evidence is a weakness. it is really nothing more than another form of choosing to believe democracy is the best form of government - they are both delusions fed by a desire to feel good about what you think. for example; "there are too many humans" - thinking so does not make it true. i think most here would agree that there are, but this statement transcends belief and so requires a basis that is not limited by belief.

there are those who demand scientific evidence simply because the conclusions offend them - racial differences in IQ? FUCK YOU! prove it! that way i can say your proof is worthless, because i know what i'm talking about! - but i don't think we'll see much of  this here. for my part i know i'm only interested in it because i won't believe a statement that doesn't have some degree of truth behind it