Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Are most metalheads just...losers?

Re: Are most metalheads just...losers?
December 20, 2008, 03:50:43 PM
For a man pouring his heart for a cause, your efforts have proved minimal so far.

"Clever" spins, re-dressed zen koans and vague assertions are too insubstantial for a meaningful debate.

December 20, 2008, 07:00:15 PM
For a man pouring his heart for a cause, your efforts have proved minimal so far.

"Clever" spins, re-dressed zen koans and vague assertions are too insubstantial for a meaningful debate.

Thanks for your concern, however my value and efforts need no validation and certainly aren't dependent on your approval. The spins, koans and assertions are only to provoke thought in an inward way, devoid of logic.

December 20, 2008, 08:30:48 PM
These "spins" and koans are just that just too challenging for a person of rational and logic, which is your opinion it explains framework and projection much of what this board itself projects.

Also too not written in actual English...

December 21, 2008, 03:42:41 PM
I pronounce Mirdautas_Vras the winner.

He successfully derailed a thread and killed it.

The rest of you are losers for letting yourselves be distracted by trolls while a real topic needed discussing.

How did he access you? Profoundly "unjust" attacks on your logic.

Maybe we should have threads for "experts only."
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

December 21, 2008, 10:59:36 PM
is a profoundly unjust attack on logic the reason you exempt yourself from your own judgment?
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2

December 22, 2008, 03:03:41 AM

The rest of you are losers for letting yourselves be distracted by trolls while a real topic needed discussing.

I questioned your "authority" and your opinions because I didn't believe it to be 100% true. However this post makes it seems as if the thread was suppose to validate yourself and your claim, which isn't 100% true in "reality". You must feel threatened to say the least if you are trying to retract and act as if you're a genuine leader. My "unjust" "attacks" are just a reflection of flaws in your logic.

I'll go as far as to say most of the metal-heads I've not gotten along with were at concerts and gigs and record stores. They've got the same stubborn-headed outlook as I see everywhere with people who refuse to look at what they do to the planet, themselves and others. However this counts for less than "most" of metal-heads.

December 22, 2008, 03:56:33 AM
You must feel threatened to say the least if you are trying to retract and act as if you're a genuine leader. My "unjust" "attacks" are just a reflection of flaws in your logic.

My net-tard translator says:

You replied to my message, so you are butthurt and I WIN. Your "logic" is a reflection of a world in which I do not participate, which includes but is not included by the internet. Therefore, you are wrong and I WIN. Q.E.D.

Anyone who replies to you in defense of themselves is automatically wrong, by your logic. That's... astounding.

Passive aggression, meet yet another of thy 6 billion practicioners...
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

December 22, 2008, 07:48:49 AM
So you say they are stupid... useless... and only capable of destruction... But at least they got something done, right?

And they are the achievers?

Anybody else see a contradiction here?

No. You're honing in on symbol, wholly unaware of the preceding intent, because your particular modus operandi is predicated on using the self as a reference point for every piece of information scanned and processed by your neurons. 'To achieve' is symbolically equivalent and synonymous with 'to accomplish' in this context, although going that far is rather unnecessary, as 'to achieve' should be enough for you to get an idea of what the CEO 'archetype,' for lack of a more precise word, is willed to through his life. ASBO, from what I can discern, purposely refrained from putting the CEO into any active context, and was merely demonstrating a hypothetical will to action within a particular archetype; I don't think this had anything to do with environmentally-friendly economic policies, the nature of corporatism, or some other inference of that sort.

Process:

'Achievement' and 'positive action' are erroneously construed as symbolically equivalent > ASBO makes ostensibly incendiary remarks that challenge your preconditioned cultural perceptions of self and reality > ASBO must be acting the fool and slipping up by joining the 'CEO' team of symbols (which is not the team you root for in this particular Internet game, and therefore an opponent which must be bested in competitive argumentation); he also must, because of the aforementioned incendiary remarks, think highly of himself and lowly of those who disagree with his assertions > He is perceived as a threat to your mental well-being.

Fallacy.

Are you prepared to tell us all what you do for a living which makes you so high and mighty? What exactly have you "won"? I sure would like to hear it.

Why would you like to hear about any of that? All of these are finite elements of the self-process inhabiting an arbitrarily cordoned-off body, and are quantitative judgments of character. You'd do better to ask what his ideals are, or what principles he views as fundamental in reality.

December 22, 2008, 05:07:03 PM
Good point. Even more: why is this about persons?

The only question is: how to act to achieve our goals.

All those who object to that action have so far offered us excuses and passive-aggressive insults, then turn around and accuse me of being an "intertard debater" and mud-slinger.

Funny, it would be, if it weren't so moribund.
ASBO

December 24, 2008, 05:47:49 AM
I've learned to distinguish between people who do things because they're important, and people who fail at life and so find some reason to be "important" outside of succeeding.

Here -- you tell me if this fits the profile:

18-38, working a series of jobs in the food service and retail industries, highest point in career was some job where having an opinion was important like a small newspaper, spends most of his/her money on entertainment, has no plans or ability to have family or clue, lives in a series of shitty apartments, drives a series of shitty cars, is clearly a disillusioned, disaffected, depressed, low-self-esteem, underachieving malcontent, yet blames society for his/her problems.

Look at them
Another idiot

You know what?

FUCK THESE PEOPLE.

These idiots are the cause of all misery in life. Society supports them; we must tolerate them; yet what do they contribute?

Well, they buy CDs... of shitty bands. They buy books... on moronic topics. They are hipsters idiots who have no purpose and do nothing important.

They are as useless as the slash and burn farmers of the third world, who upon finding a beautiful forest, cut it down and set it ablaze, then do the same thing next year to another patch of forest. Stupid people do destructive things because stupid can only destroy.

Why does anyone want to be in solidarity with these bricks of human shit and their pretentious claim to having some importance? They should be digging up turnips and keeping their mouths closed. Instead, we tolerate them...

WHY

To this I add:

Losers are people who cannot find meaning or truth in their lives, and therefore are easily manipulated or controlled by the media or religion.
Ex. Religious fanatics.

Now, you ask why most metalheads are losers?

I give it a try.

The media describes metal as evil, and satanic, which appeals to losers because it is different from other genres of music. They join so they can be unique and different causing these idiots to feel superior to others although they know or understand little or nothing about metal.

In reality, what is occurring is that groups of people, who cannot find truth, join the metal subculture or listen to metal in order to find truth, yet fail since they know nothing of its ideals. Like hipsters, they pollute everything good in metal.

December 25, 2008, 03:41:02 AM

I questioned your "authority" and your opinions because I didn't believe it to be 100% true. However this post makes it seems as if the thread was suppose to validate yourself and your claim, which isn't 100% true in "reality". You must feel threatened to say the least if you are trying to retract and act as if you're a genuine leader. My "unjust" "attacks" are just a reflection of flaws in your logic.

I'll go as far as to say most of the metal-heads I've not gotten along with were at concerts and gigs and record stores. They've got the same stubborn-headed outlook as I see everywhere with people who refuse to look at what they do to the planet, themselves and others. However this counts for less than "most" of metal-heads.

Seems interesting, but I see two flaws in this argument:

1) I do not see morons (a term I rarely use and even more rarely think of people as) as something to bemoan and belittle. I instead have come to terms with varying degrees of intelligence required in reality, and understand how one of higher intelligence is not superior to another, only better suited to specific tasks.
2) I see life as a battle that I passionately pour my heart into, but it is not a hateful battle. I will underscore the word joyous that I used in my previous post. I confront challenge and conflict in my life with a smile, because it is what makes life worth living. There is no desire to bolster my ego with a false sense of superiority, that is psuedo-elitism.

What you have done here is not necessarily bother me, not that whether you did or not matters really, but have brought forth a question that has been riding these forums for months. Are those who created and support the ideas at ANUS hateful, arrogant psuedo-elitists, or is some degree of rationality to be found in these ideas when applied to action? At the end of the day it ultimately boils down to what consequences you see as desirable.

December 27, 2008, 03:37:16 PM
1) I do not see morons (a term I rarely use and even more rarely think of people as) as something to bemoan and belittle. I instead have come to terms with varying degrees of intelligence required in reality, and understand how one of higher intelligence is not superior to another, only better suited to specific tasks.

2) I see life as a battle that I passionately pour my heart into, but it is not a hateful battle. I will underscore the word joyous that I used in my previous post. I confront challenge and conflict in my life with a smile, because it is what makes life worth living. There is no desire to bolster my ego with a false sense of superiority, that is psuedo-elitism.

1) When morons predominate, they destroy the civilization. They are not suited to leadership.
2) Hate/love are the same thing. One could always pose by saying "I'm joyful, why are you so hateful?" and become very, very popular.
ASBO

December 27, 2008, 05:25:24 PM
I've learned to distinguish between people who do things because they're important, and people who fail at life and so find some reason to be "important" outside of succeeding.
yet blames society for his/her problems.

And then...

...These idiots are the cause of all misery in life.

Pretty much the same thing.

13X

December 27, 2008, 10:05:24 PM
Q: Are most metalheads just... losers?
A: Of course. This is common knowledge.

December 27, 2008, 10:28:54 PM
No one is saying there aren't losers in the community, but this post itself in nature is self-aggrandizement to inflate an ego and judge people based on behaviors said people might have had experienced previously in their own life. What are you going to do other than complain? Perhaps educate? I introduce new bands to my friends all the time and challenge their thinking all the time.

I still stand by my previous posts, most of the posts are "opinions" until further substance is provided. That being said for one who relies one the scientific method as a means of finding "truth" when in reality it is much like anything changes when changes occur. In fact it's a bit insulting to ones intelligence to tout opinions as truth.