Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

NIFELHEIM mock PANTERA in rare moment of utility

NIFELHEIM mock PANTERA in rare moment of utility
December 11, 2008, 03:33:10 PM
When reminded that the day before marked the 22nd anniversary of the passing of METALLICA bassist Cliff Burton, Tyrant said, "That's right. I laughed and pissed on a photo of him. Speaking of which, when did that Dimebag Darrell [late PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN guitarist] die? Damn how I cheered! Fucking glamf*g. One - nil to NIFELHEIM. Too bad Phil Anselmo [PANTERA singer] didn't die too; that was probably the only time I wished PANTERA had actually played."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=110622

Cliff Burton is another martyr like Chuck Schuldiner, Jesse Pintado, Dimebag Barrell, and now Adrian "Midget Fat Piece of Shit" Bromley.

In Burton's case, he may deserve some credit, but the way metalheads moon over him is pathetic.

Teabag Darrell of course was a pedophile meth addict who accidentally sucked a bushel of mulatto dicks on his way to getting shot by one of his mentally disturbed low-IQ fans, Jesse Pintado drank himself to death, Chuck Schuldiner died of AIDS and Adrian Bromley was a genetic defect and fat piece of shit who died of being a bulky midget with a congential heart defect and incipient homosexual relations with horses, dogs and fence posts.

heheh.. one - nil to ASBO... (actually: four - nil)

Everyone wants to play bass like Cliff! All Cliff wanted to do was play bass like Bach.

Now his pic is getting pissed onto. Way to turn everyone into Christ-figures, metul kidz.

This is what happens in order to prove that your martyrs are not sacred: Nothing is sacred.

how does Jesse Pintado have anything to do with being martyr-ized? i mean he was a good guitarist, wrote some excellent material with ND and Terrorizer, but is he really being Dimebag-ified? i hope not.

Nifelheim must need some spotlight..

When was the last time they did anything significant? Hmmmmmmm

Nifelheim must need some spotlight..

When was the last time they did anything significant? Hmmmmmmm

according to MA, they put an album out last year.

no idea as to its quality though.

how does Jesse Pintado have anything to do with being martyr-ized? i mean he was a good guitarist, wrote some excellent material with ND and Terrorizer, but is he really being Dimebag-ified? i hope not.

He was, at least until the fickle audience moved on. Also, he drank himself to death, and people are being less than honest about that.

On guitarist Jesse Pintado's current status in NAPALM DEATH:

"He's out of the band. He didn't actually leave the band. We sent him home. He had some personal issues. We knew that being in the band wasn't the right environment for his current state of mind. So we sent him home to get some help and support from his family and stuff. We waited for two years for him to get his act together. For example, he didn't even play on 'Order of the Leech' [from 2002] or the covers album [2004's 'Leaders Not Followers 2']. He just kinda disappeared on us and he became unreliable. There were a lot of issues which were holding us back and confusing the issue and we really just wanted to play ball and just get up there and do what we do, and it was really, really affecting the band in a negative way and it was affecting him in a negative way as well as us personally. We thought it would be best. We gave him 200 million chances and he came back after two years, and his condition hadn't improved and we decided to let him go because he just became unreliable. We have a really hard year ahead of us with lots and lots of touring. We thought it would be best for the band, for the album and also for the fans to just let him go which is a shame because we've been through so much. We've achieved so much together and he's been our roommate for years and just living together we've managed to remain good friends. He wishes us all the best as well as we wish him all the best. I can't put it in any more detail than that because it's his own personal kind of deal. It's his own business really. It's a shame."

Blabbermouth (2005)

Jesse Pintado tribute

Less than a week after the release of Terrorizer's first CD since 1989, ex-Napalm Death guitarist Jesse Pintado has died. His record label issued the following brief announcement: "Guitarist Jesse Pintado (Terrorizer, ex-Napalm Death) died over the weekend in a hospital in Holland. A pioneer in our musical genre, Jesse and his influential sound will be sorely missed. Century Media Records would like to offer our most sincere condolences to his family and friends, and will make a further announcement later in the week."

Some of Pintado's former Napalm Death bandmates have also commented on his passing at Napalm Death's Official Site. Barney Greenway said, “I am sitting here still really trying to take in what has happened with Jesse. We were in Bulgaria playing at the time when it seems to have happened, and communications were a little off our radar. I don’t really want to dissect things too much because I’m conscious of how Jesse’s family must be feeling right now – simply to say that I’m sad and also disappointed that Jesse wasn’t able to fully lift himself again and re-discover his hunger with Terrorizer. RIP amigo.”

Aidsbout.com (2008)

Actually, people are being more forthcoming about his death by ethanol than I thought, but there's still a lot of the above ambiguity.

Too bad, because he played on some of the only Napalm Death albums I can stand. Not sure if he was on Mentally Murdered, which is probably their best.

Too bad, because he played on some of the only Napalm Death albums I can stand. Not sure if he was on Mentally Murdered, which is probably their best.

Nope, that was Bill Steer's last effort with them (which is why it's good).

He was, at least until the fickle audience moved on. Also, he drank himself to death, and people are being less than honest about that.

On guitarist Jesse Pintado's current status in NAPALM DEATH:

"He's out of the band. He didn't actually leave the band. We sent him home. He had some personal issues. We knew that being in the band wasn't the right environment for his current state of mind. So we sent him home to get some help and support from his family and stuff. We waited for two years for him to get his act together. For example, he didn't even play on 'Order of the Leech' [from 2002] or the covers album [2004's 'Leaders Not Followers 2']. He just kinda disappeared on us and he became unreliable. There were a lot of issues which were holding us back and confusing the issue and we really just wanted to play ball and just get up there and do what we do, and it was really, really affecting the band in a negative way and it was affecting him in a negative way as well as us personally. We thought it would be best. We gave him 200 million chances and he came back after two years, and his condition hadn't improved and we decided to let him go because he just became unreliable. We have a really hard year ahead of us with lots and lots of touring. We thought it would be best for the band, for the album and also for the fans to just let him go which is a shame because we've been through so much. We've achieved so much together and he's been our roommate for years and just living together we've managed to remain good friends. He wishes us all the best as well as we wish him all the best. I can't put it in any more detail than that because it's his own personal kind of deal. It's his own business really. It's a shame."

Blabbermouth (2005)

Jesse Pintado tribute

Less than a week after the release of Terrorizer's first CD since 1989, ex-Napalm Death guitarist Jesse Pintado has died. His record label issued the following brief announcement: "Guitarist Jesse Pintado (Terrorizer, ex-Napalm Death) died over the weekend in a hospital in Holland. A pioneer in our musical genre, Jesse and his influential sound will be sorely missed. Century Media Records would like to offer our most sincere condolences to his family and friends, and will make a further announcement later in the week."

Some of Pintado's former Napalm Death bandmates have also commented on his passing at Napalm Death's Official Site. Barney Greenway said, ďI am sitting here still really trying to take in what has happened with Jesse. We were in Bulgaria playing at the time when it seems to have happened, and communications were a little off our radar. I donít really want to dissect things too much because Iím conscious of how Jesseís family must be feeling right now Ė simply to say that Iím sad and also disappointed that Jesse wasnít able to fully lift himself again and re-discover his hunger with Terrorizer. RIP amigo.Ē

Aidsbout.com (2008)

Actually, people are being more forthcoming about his death by ethanol than I thought, but there's still a lot of the above ambiguity.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I think people are ambiguous about how he died because it may not really matter how, its just the fact that he is gone and cannot come back. That being said, it was really a bad decision to drink as heavily as he did, especially since he was diabetic (I think).

I'm a big Napalm Death fan, I love all of their work up to "Fear, Emptyness, Despair". I also enjoyed the cover albums they put out, introduced me to some very good bands (Master, Repulsion, Slaughter). Everything after F,E,D that was original material was really boring, though with "The Code Is Red..." I thought they took a step back in the right direction, even if that album is very fragmented. Unfortunately, "Smear Campaign" is even more unfocused than "The Code..." Quite disappointing for me.

Cliff Burton is another martyr like Chuck Schuldiner, Jesse Pintado, Dimebag Barrell, and now Adrian "Midget Fat Piece of Shit" Bromley.

In Burton's case, he may deserve some credit, but the way metalheads moon over him is pathetic.

Teabag Darrell of course was a pedophile meth addict who accidentally sucked a bushel of mulatto dicks on his way to getting shot by one of his mentally disturbed low-IQ fans, Jesse Pintado drank himself to death, Chuck Schuldiner died of AIDS and Adrian Bromley was a genetic defect and fat piece of shit who died of being a bulky midget with a congential heart defect and incipient homosexual relations with horses, dogs and fence posts.

Wow, thats some intensely insane stuff to say.
Regardless of how annoying Pantera is, or your dislike of the above musicians, that post is just ridiculous.

Apparently making fun of dead people to inflate your ego is a "noble" thing to do?!

Notice afterward how they went back on what they said, a total lack of integrity a real man would have said "Yes and I stick by my words", but apparently their BM nature can only transcend Pantera and Death, that cannot be said for mediocrity however.

Apparently making fun of dead people to inflate your ego is a "noble" thing to do?!

Notice afterward how they went back on what they said, a total lack of integrity a real man would have said "Yes and I stick by my words", but apparently their BM nature can only transcend Pantera and Death, that cannot be said for mediocrity however.

I usually refrain from mocking Dimebag Darrel, but not out of any sort of respect. I only view the argument as petty. However, the worship of Dimebag as a Christ-figure is what it is, and his contributions artistically have been minimal.

I usually refrain from mocking Dimebag Darrel, but not out of any sort of respect. I only view the argument as petty. However, the worship of Dimebag as a Christ-figure is what it is, and his contributions artistically have been minimal.

I wasn't referring to anyone in the thread, just Nifelheim in particular. Dimebag really didn't contribute anything new, but neither did Nifelheim they just re-hashed Sodom and other bands ideas as well, so I see their poking fun of him as a grab at attention since their career must be going downhill. Neither band  in fact exudes integrity either.. so I guess in reality, it doesn't matter.

they just re-hashed Sodom and other bands ideas as well, so I see their poking fun of him as a grab at attention since their career must be going downhill. Neither band  in fact exudes integrity either.. so I guess in reality, it doesn't matter.

On this I wholeheartedly agree with you.

I think people are ambiguous about how he died because it may not really matter how, its just the fact that he is gone and cannot come back. That being said, it was really a bad decision to drink as heavily as he did, especially since he was diabetic (I think).

Our heroes need to be perfect like Christ. We won't face facts to the contrary. PoMo is best defined by its superstitious materialism.