Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

college

Re: college
December 05, 2005, 03:50:32 PM
currently psychology.

college is a waste of time in my opinion.  nothing like college to show you just how purposeless life is.

Funny. I thought high school was a waste of time. Class of '04 had an incredible amount of Mexicans, i mean...drop outs. We even made it into the newspaper for fuck's sake...Never in my entire life have i felt more shame for my Hispanic community. If our society was wise enough, they would at some point round them up like cattle, throw them into pits, and torch 'em. But there is just one problem. You can't do that. Someone will get offended. SIGH.

Overall, college is going good . I met some really cool people who are actually excited about life. I'll be majoring in astronomy and will pursue......fuck. i'm not too sure about a career yet. There are a few options i'm considering.

But anyway, quit whining about college. Suck it up.
Work your way around the obstacles.

December 05, 2005, 07:30:19 PM
I am  a psychology and biology major--I plan on going into neuroscience. But given the direction that this discussion has turned towards, does anyone know what it takes to become an adventurer? Before I die I would like to climb a few peaks over 20K feet (especially Everest, but I'll clearly have to work my way up. pun intended), and also visit the rain forests before they're gone, circumnavigate the globe, and visit the poles. What does it take to get funding for such excursions, or what would you speculate is needed, materially etc., in order to accomplish this?

December 05, 2005, 07:32:35 PM
...After which I will destroy modern society, of course. Just wanted to get in a rare group of experiences that could potentially become impossible to accomplish in the major chaos and micro-level societies that result.

December 06, 2005, 04:09:42 AM
...After which I will destroy modern society, of course.

I feel better already.

Annihilaytorr

December 06, 2005, 05:00:18 AM
 I'm not trying to whine, but perhaps I'm being driven insane by essentially being a caged animal.

Be one of those skinny pale neo-nazi spree killers. Outside of mother nature taking her revenge on this species, news has been boring lately.

College was a good experience. I am in sales and make a lot more then I would have otherwise, so college was essentially worthless, apart from the personal developement I underwent. Went in a neo con, came out a neo nazi!!!! Oh noes!!

Iconoclast

December 06, 2005, 01:53:54 PM

Be one of those skinny pale neo-nazi spree killers. Outside of mother nature taking her revenge on this species, news has been boring lately.

I'm neither skinny nor a neo-nazi.  I think I might be pale, though.  Sorry to dissapoint.