Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Cannibal Corpse

Re: Cannibal Corpse
February 08, 2010, 04:07:19 PM
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

February 11, 2010, 03:46:22 AM
At most you can give them Tombs of the Mutilated. Even then, that album is redundant, sub-par and has maybe two slightly passable songs if you were demolished at a bar and had nothing else to put on the juke box except Journey. Fuck this band.
There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us

February 11, 2010, 02:50:30 PM
At most you can give them Tombs of the Mutilated. Even then, that album is redundant, sub-par and has maybe two slightly passable songs if you were demolished at a bar and had nothing else to put on the juke box except Journey. Fuck this band.

Ah,and a very strong ale to boot! Agreed, the OP was probably a victim of your reasoning. No sober man would ever mistake Cannibal Corpse for being a noble strike at art!

May 24, 2010, 07:07:08 PM
Yall niggas postin' in a troll thread.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

May 24, 2010, 11:35:06 PM

"Tomb of the Mutilated" is clearly the pinnacle of Cannibal Corpse's career, and it is this era in which I choose to elate them as one of my choice Death Metal bands. This album and "Eaten Back To Life" I will choose to critique right now.

Riff-command, style and ability is exceptional, but not phrasal to be fair. So they can play but they're bad at writing the actual "music". There is nothing gained but a good time from their songs on these albums and to some that's a crime. I can clearly understand this. Though, all throughout those two albums, I can't sit though a playing of either of them without genuinely smiling, because what I hear pleases me.

Their appeal lies primarily in their very precise rhythmic cooperation, and I think this is what "most" fans of metal (including the worst ones) look for in their music. Scott Burns might have something to do with this as well.

The lyrics are beyond forgiveness. So vile that it becomes beautiful at a certain point to struggle in reading them" (see "Necropedophile")

In all of this however is the courage to venture into a very primal, non-cognitive fantasy (Zombie-like behavior).

I didn't always enjoy Cannibal Corpse (as there was a time that I hadn't heard them yet), but it was during this  time in which ANUS.com's influence on my musical taste was the strongest, and I was always well aware of how Prozak (and the board) felt about Cannibal Corpse. To my public disadvantage it was during a "party" that I first listened to them, in front of DM Hessians that were so shocked that I haven't heard the first four albums. Those two stuck out as gems among the four that I sat through that night.

Cannibal Corpse isn't for everyone. It's cheesy and fun, but if that doesn't appeal to you I would never recommend them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIv8dPWACYY That's a good example of what I'm trying to get at.
"I hung there on a cross as you are hanging, and I lived, thanks to circumstances and a stamina peculiar to barbarians. But you civilised men are soft; your lives are not nailed to your spines as are ours. Your fortitude consists mainly in inflicting torment, not in enduring it. You will be dead before sundown." - REH

May 25, 2010, 05:11:29 PM
Listening to Cannibal Corpse is the musical equivalent of watching a video of someone getting hit in the testicles.  Yes, it's funny, but I wouldn't miss it if it were gone.

May 25, 2010, 05:49:20 PM
Listening to Cannibal Corpse is the musical equivalent of watching a video of someone getting hit in the testicles.  Yes, it's funny, but I wouldn't miss it if it were gone.

That's a good example, but I like to think listening to the passing Cannibal Corpse albums is like playing Half-Life: Team Fortress Classic or Counterstrike. Pointless melees that are engulfing for the time being. Walk away and there's nothing gained.

Atheist on the other hand is like reading "Beyond Good and Evil."
"I hung there on a cross as you are hanging, and I lived, thanks to circumstances and a stamina peculiar to barbarians. But you civilised men are soft; your lives are not nailed to your spines as are ours. Your fortitude consists mainly in inflicting torment, not in enduring it. You will be dead before sundown." - REH