Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Violating social taboos

Violating social taboos
January 02, 2009, 06:43:49 PM
This whole society is a conspiracy to avoid facing reality. It favors the weak, like an easy job that you hate but it's so easy why not stay.

I like shattering its taboos, speaking the unpopular truth, violating its obsolete social norms, throwing away the bad and holding up the good.

I'm looking for more clear ways to establish:

METAL

1. The relationship between Romanticist art and heavy metal
2. The relationship between classical composition (ring composition, narrative composition, motifs) and heavy metal
3. The post-human side of the metal perspective

LIFE

1. The biological basis of race, ethnicity, gender and individual differences
2. The historical pattern of civilization decline and how it applies to us
3. The relationship between ugly, meaningless surroundings and neurosis

PEOPLE

1. That healthy, smart people are rarely a source of problems
2. That having lower standards always exempts us from effort, so most like it
3. That the average person's pretense is humility

13X

Re: Violating social taboos
January 02, 2009, 08:51:11 PM
METAL

1. The relationship between Romanticist art and heavy metal
2. The relationship between classical composition (ring composition, narrative composition, motifs) and heavy metal
3. The post-human side of the metal perspective

Is the inclusion of extreme metal in popular music pedagogy what you're looking for?

January 04, 2009, 12:50:56 AM
Quote from: ASBO

I've found that these things are either the easiest or most difficult things to establish with people.  Anyone with even a shred of intellectual honesty or common sense has most likely already come to this conclusion.  People who reject this always do so out of some emotional, knee-jerk fashion.  I don't really know how you can make something that is as clear as day any clearer.  The only thing I can suggest is making the point very slowly and steadily.

Start by pointing out genetic differences between different species, then individuals within a species, then isolated groups, etc.  If you can't get someone to admit there are genetic differences between a human and a butterfly, then I can only suggest blunt force trauma.  Otherwise, all the rest will logically follow from there.

January 04, 2009, 03:02:32 AM
Quote from: ASBO

I've found that these things are either the easiest or most difficult things to establish with people.  Anyone with even a shred of intellectual honesty or common sense has most likely already come to this conclusion.  People who reject this always do so out of some emotional, knee-jerk fashion.  I don't really know how you can make something that is as clear as day any clearer.  The only thing I can suggest is making the point very slowly and steadily.

Start by pointing out genetic differences between different species, then individuals within a species, then isolated groups, etc.  If you can't get someone to admit there are genetic differences between a human and a butterfly, then I can only suggest blunt force trauma.  Otherwise, all the rest will logically follow from there.

Oh would that this were true!! This is not remotely "clear" to most of the herd. The mass-egalitarianism fraud that permeates western societies is now so deeply entrenched, so thoroughly woven into the fabric of modern life, that what should indeed(as you rightly pointed out) be clear to the point of simplistic obviation, is altogether hidden from the masses. And many do indeed take denial of distinct racial-types, etc. as an article of faith and display nothing less than fanatical devotion to the creed! No, like much we discuss here, the obvious is anything but in this case.   

I will grant that many simply pretend not to see what they realistically cannot deny and are phoney to the core in all their unctuous "diversity" celebrations and the like. But I have seen more than enough evidence to know that all too many are true believers, no matter how illogical their stance may be. 

January 05, 2009, 11:06:33 AM
The problem is that mention of ethnicity always swallows up the debate.

I need people to understand all of these taboos at once.

January 05, 2009, 01:47:33 PM
The problem is that mention of ethnicity always swallows up the debate.

I need people to understand all of these taboos at once.

Indeed - but "that which swallows up debate" is perhaps the greatest obstacle for most to overcome. The rest are much easier to learn, accept and understand for thinking people, at least in time and with some effort applied.  It's no coincidence that race(or ethnicity if you prefer) has been called the "final taboo" for many years.