Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Dirtnap Darrel remembered

Dirtnap Darrel remembered
December 08, 2005, 05:32:42 PM
A year ago today Dirtnap (nee Dimebag, nee Diamond) Darrel was shot and killed while playing some dump with his shitty C-list post-ARE YOU TALKIN TO ME? implosion band. I will eat a bag of party mix and down a Schlitz in his name while watching Jean Claude Van Damme movies on the USA Network. We miss ya, Dirt!

Re: Dirtnap Darrel remembered
December 08, 2005, 06:14:50 PM
even better:

http://www.artemisrecords.com/media/blsvid-inthisriver-hi.asx

It's Zakk Wlydes' tribute and contender for worst song ever
Information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom, wisdom is not truth, truth is not beauty, beauty is not love, love is not music, music is the BEST.
~ Frank Zappa

December 08, 2005, 07:33:04 PM
even better:

http://www.artemisrecords.com/media/blsvid-inthisriver-hi.asx

It's Zakk Wlydes' tribute and contender for worst song ever

Please someone get Zakk and his piano out of the river! He's polluting it with his stinky beard!!! Dreadful indeed....

I must say, country folk are quite amusing fellows with their simplistic emotions and "life is a bowl of peaches" attitude ("...and sometimes, it's just the pits!), and frankly, that is why I don't care for them. It's some form of a culture, I guess, but as far as music goes, there simply is no appeal. And it's not like Zakk is particularly good with tone or vibrato anyway...

Rest In Pieces Dimebag Darrell...may you be remembered as the legacy you left behind (and incidentally, how you died): without a face, and without direction. You showed a bunch of drunk jocks and losers with bad posture  that metal isn't about anything more than gettin' pissed off and havin' a beer with your good friends. The only tragedy here is that they believed you.

TC

December 08, 2005, 08:01:52 PM
to continue on your last comment, zakk is from NJ not some southern state as he seems to want to be...

December 08, 2005, 08:09:52 PM
Why even waste time paying attention to this shit?  You know his death, band, and peers are all equally unimportant, so it seems to make sense to treat them accordingly.

December 08, 2005, 09:28:51 PM
to continue on your last comment, zakk is from NJ not some southern state as he seems to want to be...

South Jersey perhaps? They act a bit different from what I've heard...and I've never mentioned that Zakk was a southerner--you can be "country" even if you're from NYC. My neighbor has a confederate flag in his garage, and I know for a fact he was born and raised just miles from where he lives now!

And Germ_Cell: it's all in good, self-congratulatory fun! Feel free to join in!!! Or is sarcasm not taken well with you folks?

December 09, 2005, 12:48:58 AM
A year ago today Dirtnap (nee Dimebag, nee Diamond) Darrel was shot and killed while playing some dump with his shitty C-list post-ARE YOU TALKIN TO ME? implosion band.

What did this guy do that was ever of any importance? ARE YOU TALKIN TO ME? brought more morons into metal than special ed classes, cheap marijuana and Cannibal Corpse combined!

December 09, 2005, 01:51:51 AM
If nothing else, his ability on guitar kicked ass. I'd say that was his only contribution whatsoever.

Iconoclast

December 09, 2005, 01:58:45 AM
It is both good and sad that Quorthon isn't worshipped like fartbag; sad that a better musician is favored over a shitty one, but good that he has better fans that don't form personality cults.

Dirtbag is good for trolling, though, so if you can't find anything worthile with him, you can just piss off his fans.

December 09, 2005, 05:59:39 AM
If nothing else, his ability on guitar kicked ass.

right

0---0--1(b)--0
WALK

0---0--1(b)--0
WALK
0---0--1(b)--0
WALK
0---0--1(b)--0
DON'T RUN

0---0--1(b)--0

RE
0---0--1(b)--0
RESPECT
0---0--1(b)--0
WAALK
ARE YOU TALKING TO ME.

ARE YOU TALKING TO ME.
NOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAY PUNK!

Mind-blowing technical mastery...
Information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom, wisdom is not truth, truth is not beauty, beauty is not love, love is not music, music is the BEST.
~ Frank Zappa

December 09, 2005, 10:37:38 AM
That was one shitty-ass argument. That is one piece of one song. I only remember hearing one of their songs in its entirity, however the only good thing about it was the solo. Let me see if I can find it. (waste of my time?)

Nevermind. I have no idea which one it was, and don't care enough to spend time looking. I hate ARE YOU TALKIN TO ME? just like I hate CoB, however to say their guitarists are no-talent is just wrong.

December 09, 2005, 03:40:58 PM
Being a good guitarist means little if you insist on playing music without merit. This is why to me the Misfits were "better" musicians than Dirtnap.

December 09, 2005, 07:31:22 PM
I agree totally.

December 09, 2005, 08:58:42 PM
Lol Douchebag darrel lol