Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Hessianism: list of active ideas

Hessianism: list of active ideas
January 08, 2009, 08:58:34 PM
We need a topic listing active ideas that are good but need collaborators because Hessians are too dysfunctional to launch anything themselves.

"Put up a flyer? But I've never had a class in putting up flyers!"

Dark Legions Archive Metal Film Project

A DLA project that aims to create a metal documentary.
Status: Under discussion. Ideas are evolving towards something practically achieveable, the first step in achieving some footage is close but hasn't happened yet.

Hessian Pugilist Compact 

Combat/ martial art practise.
Status: Idea proposed. Will presumably work at a local level so will thrive in a place where there are several Hessians living in close proximty.

Heavy Metal, Death Metal and Black Metal - Hessian Wiki

Non-populist metal wiki.
Status: Started; has skeleton content. Needs more articles about metal in general.

DLA Book
Status: Proposed idea that has little or no discussion. The content upon which the book should be based already exists (DLA website).

Suggestions welcome, project contributors more than welcome.

Re: Hessianism: list of active ideas
January 09, 2009, 03:16:15 PM
You two are going about it all wrong. If people perceive that a forum is membership in a site, they're going to congratulate themselves on "getting in" and then do nothing. You need to pitch this to those who you know can already do something besides order pizza and play videogames, which will be a 10% minority on this forum as on every other forum out there.

January 10, 2009, 05:23:31 PM
I agree. Most people come here to read and download music. I'm not sure that's so bad. For example, if someone is not yet through college and into some path in life, they should probably concentrate on growing up and learning.

However, if these projects were more complete, metal would be stronger, AND volunteering for stuff was how I learned how to do new things and be brave about learning them. It made me a better person, starting at age 15. It can do that for others.

NHA

January 11, 2009, 05:27:01 AM
I'd be interested in doing art for the DLA book.

Something along the lines of the "Blessed are the Sick" cover would be interesting.

Doubt i could get that level of quality at the moment though heh.

January 14, 2009, 03:49:48 PM
Hessians Against Rock Music

This could be a web page position statement similar in format to Metalheads Against Humanism, or something more.

General Concerns

1) mass marketing and commercialization of performing arts
2) noise pollution of blaring public radio stations with 20 minutes of advertisements spliced together with 4 minute rock music snippets
3) appealing to boomer and gen-x late 60s to 80s youthful party years nostalgia to soften them up for consumer product marketing ads
4) non-controversial yet hip-appearing background noise while laboring or shopping as your foreground focus
5) classic rock stations replaying the same 50 tired songs all day decade after decade
6) keep metal out of rock music radio commercialization; metalheads disown and shun rock music