Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

why do bands change their logos

why do bands change their logos
December 11, 2005, 06:57:53 PM
its lame how bands change their logos, while their original ones were way better, like dimmu borgir or in flames

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Re: why do bands change their logos
December 11, 2005, 07:30:02 PM
I don't know. To announce they now suck, maybe? Or no longer play metal music in the case of Samael?

December 12, 2005, 12:05:02 AM
yeah, the case of samael saddens me. everything from worship him and before was great. everything afterward lost its thoughtfullness.

immortal continued to play some descent heavy metal tunes. i like some of the ideas presented in at the heart of winter and sons of northern darkness. however, damned in black was really really weak.

dimmu borigir: never liked them much. i'd rather listed to wrath of the tyrant.

Iconoclast

December 12, 2005, 05:54:20 AM
why do people get different haircuts?

Death

December 12, 2005, 02:38:08 PM
Generally a logo change accompanies a change in style (read: quality, usually). At the Gates, Immortal, In Flames, Samael and Graveland are all examples of this. I'm not sure why Immolation did it though. Their old logo was much more badass than the plain Times New Roman text they have now, and Failures For Gods wasn't a massive departure in style from Here in After.

Iconoclast

December 12, 2005, 06:40:33 PM
Generally a logo change accompanies a change in style (read: quality, usually). At the Gates, Immortal, In Flames, Samael and Graveland are all examples of this. I'm not sure why Immolation did it though. Their old logo was much more badass than the plain Times New Roman text they have now, and Failures For Gods wasn't a massive departure in style from Here in After.

I wonder if they changed record labels and the old label owned the logo they had, so they had to get a new one.

December 12, 2005, 08:26:56 PM
This actualy gets me alot as well. Sepultura had an awsome logo, Death's was never great, but it was alot better when the cross was upside down. I dont think any of immolations logo's were very good though, to be honest. My favorite logo is Dark Thrones, that shit is hot.

December 12, 2005, 09:22:43 PM

I wonder if they changed record labels and the old label owned the logo they had, so they had to get a new one.

Both of those albums were released on Metal Blade.

December 12, 2005, 10:31:05 PM
Sepultura had an awsome logo

Yes they did. I love their old logo, though They still released 2 great (IMO) albums without it.