Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

On a metal hunt...

On a metal hunt...
January 24, 2009, 04:59:08 AM
Looking for newer stuff that's good.

Anyone know of anything that's missing from Audiofile, but good, that needs exploring (and uploading)?

Re: On a metal hunt...
January 24, 2009, 08:17:13 AM
Perhaps some artists from the Industrial/EBM/Darkwave genre?

ex. Skinny Puppy, SPK, Front Line Assembly, Clan of Xymox, The Changelings etc..

Obviously the ones that take a more serious neoclassical approach.  Im sure these bands inspired a lot of metal or was inspired by it.

January 24, 2009, 12:14:44 PM
Looking for newer stuff that's good.

Anyone know of anything that's missing from Audiofile, but good, that needs exploring (and uploading)?

Sure, at your service.

Ash Pool - The World Turns On Its Hinge
Black Majesty - Baphe Metis demo
Dagon - In Desolationem Per Nefandum
Devilry - all
Mare - Throne of the Thirteenth Witch EP
Nastrond - Toteslaut, Muspellz Synir
Nightbringer - various split albums
Reverorum ib Malacht - What Do You Think Of The Old God
Ride For Revenge - The King Of Snakes, various split albums
Sepulchral Aura - demo
Torturium - Banished Soul... demo, Deathcult's Temple, various split albums

That's just about it in current Scandinavian and US black metal, unless I've missed something. I would like to recommend some good death metal, but it seems to be all about Krallice, Hail of Bullets etc. not very vital. Devilry and Sepulchral Aura are deathy though.

EDIT: While skiing I got some more ideas for you.

Anu - s/t
Charnel Winds - I.I.I.
IC Rex - Sielun Kadotuksen Sinfonia, Vedenjakaja

January 24, 2009, 01:26:58 PM
I've heard good things about Ash Pool.  Bone Awl also seems to be making waves in the underground. I also enjoyed Revenge's newest album, even though it's quite one dimensional.

As for newer death metal, Dead Congregation's "Graves of the Archangels" (released last year) is quite worthy.  They wear their Incantation influences on their sleeve, but they add in a few other tasty elements (I detect some Greek black metal influence, seeing as how DC is from Greece).  Of note in particular is the title track (complete with traditional Greek choirs, which I thought were used in a well placed and fantastic manner).

Not DM or BM, but I picked up Agathocles' "Mincer" (released in 2006) and found it a worthy addition to their catalog. Not sure if anyone here would enjoy them, but I also found Yacopsae's "Tanz Grozny Tanz" (from 2007) to be an extremely violent release, with enough variation amongst the blasting to make it enjoyable time and again for me.