Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

ILDJARN contributes positive view of A.N.U.S.

ILDJARN contributes positive view of A.N.U.S.
January 22, 2009, 08:06:21 PM
Before the last words, would you like to send any regards to bands, friends, allies etc.? Word is yours.

I normally don't do that, but one of the reasons why I decided for a "comeback" was that I got response from lots of undergrounders worldwide. Suddenly Ildjarn was a cult phenomenon, and some considered me a legend. Truly dedicated people are extremely few, but the ones that exist are worth it. I have no friends, as I don't believe in friendship, but still I have to send out some hails to some of my allies and dedicated people: Nidhogg, master of obscurity and pissing on the face of god, a true ally and man-hater forever. Javier, ally and brother in hate and eventually death. Mikko of Northern Heritage, a true soul dedicated to the underground, and a true master in his grand work. Fred of Painiac, a true believer in dark matters. You, Jerry, for taking my work seriously, and for understanding the essence of things. The true souls at anus, just for being there in dedication of the underground, if still alive...

http://www.mirgilus.com/interviews/ildjarn.html

He rules.

Curious: does this date before or after the sites' interview with him?

I'm not sure if I understood your question properly, but the DLA interview dates before the interview mentioned above.

From the DLA interview:
The only thing would be the "Hardanger highlands" CD; it's already recorded, but we haven't thought of releasing it yet.

From the other interview:
Okay, the last few questions before we call this off. You just got Hardangervidda CD released, yet it has no label marks or logos on it. Did you release this just by yourself or what? Why not through NLP?

I'm not sure if I understood your question properly, but the DLA interview dates before the interview mentioned above.

From the DLA interview:
The only thing would be the "Hardanger highlands" CD; it's already recorded, but we haven't thought of releasing it yet.

From the other interview:

Okay, the last few questions before we call this off. You just got Hardangervidda CD released, yet it has no label marks or logos on it. Did you release this just by yourself or what? Why not through NLP?

That answers it, many thanks.

Re: ILDJARN contributes positive view of A.N.U.S.
November 05, 2011, 11:41:25 PM
Here's a PDF of the zine that the interview was originally printed in: Megaupload link, found it on this blog.

I haven't read much of the Cross of the Black Steel besides the interview, but their approval of Ildjarn and Ildjarn's willingness to be interviewed by them suggests that they may be worth checking out.

Does anyone know what he's up to these days? According to the interview he should be dead by now. It's a shame he didn't make more tracks like the opening on Ildjarn-Nidhogg s/t. Apparently he broke his four-tracker and called it quits, but what the hell kind of excuse is that?

Also does anyone remember his old website where he put up some photography of the Hardanger countryside? I saved a few but it would be cool to get the rest if anyone has access to them.

. Apparently he broke his four-tracker and called it quits, but what the hell kind of excuse is that?
Do you actually believe that?  I certainly don't.  It's an excuse that fits in perfectly with the "we just recorded with whatever shit was easy and convenient" line of Darkthrone and the like from the early '90s, which was necessary in those times because an appearance of effort would have ruined much of the overall aesthetic; it needed to seem feral and off-the-cuff, when it was anything but.

Call me naive, and I love the music very much, but I have a feeling that the off-the-cuff mind-set was not an act.