Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

North Houston band seeks bassist

North Houston band seeks bassist
November 02, 2004, 12:13:11 PM
Bassist needed: North Houston death metal band Crimson Massacre is in seek of a full time bassist. Our influences/inspirations include: Demilich, Immolation, Atheist, Gorguts, Enslaved, Bach, Wagner, Beethoven, Acerbus, Vivaldi, "older" Suffocation...to name a few.

Do not respond if you feel being in a band consists of only satisfying yourbuddies at a local show periodically. We have played  internationally andwill do so again; keep that in mind if applying. If interested contact:
[email protected] or [email protected]

http://www.crimsonmassacre.tk

Re: North Houston band seeks bassist
November 02, 2004, 08:45:52 PM
1) Hey, impeccable taste

2) Sadly the URL is not currently working

3) Their entry in metal-archives.com suggests that they may be in a "transitional period"

November 02, 2004, 08:51:02 PM
I'm acquaintances with the drummer and one of the guitarists and they are far from what metal-archives would have you believe, changing from a poor black metal band to a very complex, acerbus-bach inspired death metal project. They are well worth a listen at the least.

November 03, 2004, 01:50:58 AM
Rest assured we are currently not what metal archives depicts us to be. What's on there is merely consistent of our past line up in which we played a version of melodic death metal hyped up to appear as black metal. All kinks have been worked out of that situation and a healthier lineup is in place to create something aimful. However, we are on a split cd with a few other Tx acts that contains tracks from the afforementioned "transitional period" you spoke of. Despite the fact that these songs were recorded a year ago,  you can (unfortunately) expect to be reading about this material in zines or what have you more so than our other stuff as this split album was released but a mere three months ago and the newer stuff is in promotional form. As for the newer material, two demo tracks are on our website (the link worked last time I checked). If you would like for a promo email me and I can send you one which will contain the two tracks on our site in addition to two others. We will be entering the studio immediately (two days from now heh) to record a full length and will have bass taken care of for the recording; a full time bassist is in need for all other duties after the recording process is complete.

November 04, 2004, 06:10:31 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with the website?  I'm still seeing "page cannot be displayed".  :/

November 04, 2004, 09:36:23 PM
I really want to hear this stuff, but I can't find the album on DC++. Anyone own it who is willing to rip it for me?

November 04, 2004, 10:17:58 PM
I really want to hear this stuff, but I can't find the album on DC++. Anyone own it who is willing to rip it for me?

I don't know about an album, but you can listen to the band with these:

http://chaoticgoat.com/crimsonmassacre/01_Redemption.mp3

http://chaoticgoat.com/crimsonmassacre/03_Sacrifice.mp3

November 04, 2004, 11:49:33 PM

They don't have a full length yet; email him, and he'll send you the promo.