Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Khanate

Khanate
December 15, 2005, 11:38:23 PM
Yup. An entire topic on a band. (Thankfully, not Cannibal Corpse.) Has anyone heard Khanate? They are an extreme doom metal band. As I'm not really accustomed to the mores of this forum, I don't know how you guys feel about doom metal. I'm not a huge fan of the genre myself, but Khanate is too nihilistically hopeless--and origional, at that--to overlook. Give them a listen and tell me what you think. An mp3 can be found below. (I probably should have posted this in the audio file branch of the forum, huh?)

http://www.loadrecords.com/sound/khanate_tooclose.mp3

Re: Khanate
December 17, 2005, 04:26:28 PM
They're an arty Doom band. I don't get it. It seems drawn out like some kind of sludge parody. I'd sooner listen to 'Night Fall' or 'Come My Fanatics'.

December 17, 2005, 08:05:02 PM
Not really my thing, the vocalist is fucking horrible, give me Sunn O))) anyday.

December 17, 2005, 08:34:05 PM
I liked it. Nothing I'd drop my pants for but it was "atmospheric" and creepy.

December 17, 2005, 10:06:39 PM
Arty indeed. It does, however, seem quite honest. At least it's not Rapture! :) Regardless, I'm new to this stuff. I was just recently turned on to Burzum a year or so ago. I'm glad to have found this forum. Choc full of eletists like I like it. Nothing better. Anyone here into Lustmord? (Probably not, heh.)

December 18, 2005, 06:10:54 AM
Arty indeed. It does, however, seem quite honest. At least it's not Rapture! :) Regardless, I'm new to this stuff. I was just recently turned on to Burzum a year or so ago. I'm glad to have found this forum. Choc full of eletists like I like it. Nothing better. Anyone here into Lustmord? (Probably not, heh.)

Why do you say "probably not"? I enjoy Lustmord quite a bit.

Edit: Let me put it this way, I discovered Lustmord because of some posts by people on anus.com.

December 19, 2005, 12:23:44 AM
Wonderful! Glad to hear it! I think I've found a new home.

December 20, 2005, 04:29:53 PM
Khanate's 'Capture and Release' is one of the best Doom metal albulms of the year

I'm not sure if you should look for opinons about them on this site  ;)