Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

How to get ANUS publically accepted

Re: How to get ANUS publically accepted
January 19, 2009, 06:13:38 AM
Most however, are also fully familiar with the fact that Shuldiner was a scumbag to many, many people in the Metal world, including some who were in Death at one point or another. The guy's reputation as a dickhead goes back over twenty years - I heard it from Massacre members in 1987!!

Why is this important? I listen to music for music's sake, not for the personalities or drama behind it. Was Chuck Schuldiner a dick to you personally? Is Kam Lee your brother? Did he beat up your dad? Spreading shit about someone on the internet is about as low as you can go, it reminds me of the snickering schoolchild who'd write those Anarchist's Cookbook textfiles and put "Principal Raynes is gay" somewhere.

It's important because it comes up on this fucking forum every third day for years now - but I didn't bring it up! I don't personally give a good goddamn about Shuldiner - but having been around long enough, knowing enough people personally, heard and seen enough first hand and otherwise read enough opinion of value - to say nothing of the ongoing opprobrium dished our here(how long have you been familiar with this forum anyway?) - it is clear that this undeniably negative opinion of him and his latter musicical output that is hardly proper Death Metal, is something invariably associated with ANUS. Do your homework about how many people the guy fucked over including his own band-mates.

You can listen to whatever you like for whatever reasons you like - did anyone suggest you should not?

* a bit lengthy - though altogether interesting. Read Martin V.'s thoughts below on Chuck, his death, etc...so similar to so many...

http://www.voicesfromthedarkside.de/interviews/vandrunen.htm

January 19, 2009, 02:05:26 PM
False idols mislead; real leaders are good idols.

I think we crusade here against Death because they were a dumbing down of death metal that got way too much press, and is a backward way to understand the genre.

We also aren't fond of Cannibal Corpse, Meshuggah, Cradle of Filth, Pink Frothy AIDS and other bands that whore themselves. That's just how it is.

In addition, the circumstances surrounding Chuck's death are very nonstandard. It's clear more was going on than the "brain cancer" diagnosis, which was never publically medically confirmed. (Normally, articles cite a hospital or death certificate.) At the same time, we know from inside sources that: (a) Chuck engaged in risky behavior (b) he had some form of immunodeficiency problem long before the "cancer" and (c) his death certificate read PNEUMONIA without a contributing cause. Connect the goddamn dots.

The Van Drunen interview says it best:

To promote "Consuming Impulse", you also toured through America together with DEATH and CARCASS, an extremely strong and interesting bill to my opinion. What are your memories on this tour?
"It made a big impression, definitely. We didn't make a penny, we hardly had anything to eat, but we just kept going anyway. It may sound bigheaded but I already made this statement in other interviews as well: DEATH as well as CARCASS didn't have any chance when we played, we just blew them away, every night! In the end, CARCASS and us switched places and CARCASS opened from that point on. Then Chuck started to boycott us, in the end it got even to a point that the roadies of DEATH slept in our bus because they couln't stand his company. I had a terific time despite the hard times we had to go through as a band on that tour."

Did the death of Chuck Schuldiner make a big impression on you?
"I never got along with Chuck. His death also didn't impress me a bit. It may sound very hard but that is how I am. If people respect me and they die, they also get my respect which isn't the case here. That's how I am. It sounds hard but that's how I see it. I never liked him while he was alive and I also won't start to like him just because he passed away."

We are not anti-Chuck, but we think he should be put in his place as a second-tier metal band, not the "inventor of death metal," as his family originally claimed. I think Americans are desperate for someone on their shores recording death metal before 1985, but of course, America has SLAYER and POSSESSED so shouldn't worry.

Death metal was invented in 1980 by Motorhead; in 1982 by Discharge and Slayer; in 1983 by Sodom, Hellhammer, and Master; in 1984 by Sepultura; in 1985 by Possessed; in 1986 by Morbid Angel and Necrovore; in 1987 by Massacra, and the rest is easy to piece together.

We're also not fond of Venom here for their overhype despite contributing little musically (Motorhead + hardcore) and a whole lot of stupid. We don't dislike them personally, in fact the opposite, but we think their contributions need to be put into context.

That is how it is when you try to write accurate histories and not hype stories to make teenagers buy products they don't need instead of focusing on reality and making their lives better.

January 19, 2009, 10:33:05 PM
Why do you want ANUS to be publicly accepted?

January 21, 2009, 12:23:34 AM

I doubt the public will agree with the ANUS point of view but currently the masses don't respect the coherency of the viewpoints expressed. Perhaps the notion of public acceptance is one of fame and the acceptance of existence. Currently the website is still on the brink of being underground and being well-known world wide.

January 21, 2009, 12:58:38 AM

Really simple:

Problems exist in the world.

The only way to fix them is through power.

Public acceptance means more readers means power.

That enables us to fix problems.

January 21, 2009, 02:41:04 AM
I like Venom's first 3, but I can agree they are responsible for a dumber attitude towards metal. 

I spread awareness about corrupt.org whenever I can (link people to it and such). Often times, friends and others who I send the articles to enjoy them and look further into the site, and as a result I've had several interesting conversations with them and what they learned.

Little things can blossom into bigger things, if given the time and persistence.

January 21, 2009, 08:56:19 AM

Really simple:

Problems exist in the world.

The only way to fix them is through power.

Public acceptance means more readers means power.

That enables us to fix problems.

The ANUS readership should probably carry the torch here.

Show others the ANUS, but make sure you're not proselytizing -- that's the number one mistake that gives people the wrong impression here.

ken

January 26, 2009, 03:12:57 AM
people who read the site come to the forums, and people from the forums reccommend other to the forums. those that come always have questions and are willing.

therefore i think ANUS has to decide whether the forums are going to be used to hold democratic discussion about ANUS, or used as a powerful propaganda tool. the latter would involve much more 'facist' moderators and a more defined set of beliefs(ASBO is good at making threads about this). this would strengthen the community.

i think right now the forums are on the fence sitting between those 2 styles.

January 27, 2009, 05:57:52 AM
Spread this as widely as possible: it is the most coherent statement of the Archives' raison d'etre yet, as it outlines in depth the fundamental struggle to save the soul of metal from the scavengers that want to pick the carcass clean.

Trauco

January 28, 2009, 12:50:36 AM
Spread this as widely as possible: it is the most coherent statement of the Archives' raison d'etre yet, as it outlines in depth the fundamental struggle to save the soul of metal from the scavengers that want to pick the carcass clean.

I agree.

January 30, 2009, 05:04:27 AM
By getting ANUS more accepted I'm assuming you mean the Metal side of it? Well then:

1. Seperate the philosophy from the metal. If you expect all potential/latent fans of 'good' metal to embrace the same extensive take on reality, the same dogmatism, basically, you might possibly be dreaming. But it depends on what ANUS wants to do. It's caught between a rock and a hard place here. By promoting good metal more effectively in this way it would be doing so to people who are not of similar ideology. Depends on ANUS' goals: ideology or metal, or, both.. sperataly.

2. Get rid of the connotation to assholes, shit, AIDS, and other things like that which most people have an evolutionary tendancy to avoid (related to point one). Some 'higher sorts' are quite plausably turned off by such symbolism, despite one's possible take on the benefits of using such symbolism and how allegorically 'fitting' it all might be in a philosophical context. Again: Metal or ideology?

January 31, 2009, 12:31:46 AM
By getting ANUS more accepted I'm assuming you mean the Metal side of it? Well then:

1. Seperate the philosophy from the metal. If you expect all potential/latent fans of 'good' metal to embrace the same extensive take on reality, the same dogmatism, basically, you might possibly be dreaming. But it depends on what ANUS wants to do. It's caught between a rock and a hard place here. By promoting good metal more effectively in this way it would be doing so to people who are not of similar ideology. Depends on ANUS' goals: ideology or metal, or, both.. sperataly.

2. Get rid of the connotation to assholes, shit, AIDS, and other things like that which most people have an evolutionary tendancy to avoid (related to point one). Some 'higher sorts' are quite plausably turned off by such symbolism, despite one's possible take on the benefits of using such symbolism and how allegorically 'fitting' it all might be in a philosophical context. Again: Metal or ideology?

Metal, philosophy, blasphemy and rainbow-colored AIDS all go hand-in-hand. There is no conflict of interests. There is no compromise. If this seems dogmatic to you then, quite frankly, you've got it bass-ackwards. It's a hard pill to swallow, but that doesn't mean we should start handing out suppositories.

February 02, 2009, 03:23:24 AM
Perhaps in your mind, but i highly doubt that, for example, Varg sits in his prison grinning about the possibilty of metaphor that relates to sexually transmitted immune difficiency disorders. ..Nor the Obituary boys (who probably couldn't spell the name of a single philosopher), the heroine addict from mutiilation.. etc etc.. you get the idea.

Personally I like most aspects of the ANUS philosophy, obviously. But I also like the metal promoted here as well. If... IF, ANUS wants to promote all this metal more effectively then it might have to seperate metal from ITS philosophy (and allusions to AIDS, assholes, sodomy etc). That's it. If ANUS insists on continuing to link the two, then that's great: my post simply relates to a question raised about the metal.

Your mistake is to think that metal and philosophy exist separately. ANUS isn't artificially imposing philosophy on metal; it is just offering the real thing, undiluted. We want to attract the right people, not just warm bodies. If only 1 in 1000 people are interested, that means we need to spread the ANUS to 1000 people to get one new face.

February 02, 2009, 03:36:36 AM
Quote from: ondeaander
we need to spread the ANUS

February 02, 2009, 06:21:07 PM
goddamnit Jewbob. Goatse'd again.