Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

UNTIL THE LIGHT TAKES US black metal movie / THE EGG horror film

One thing I found very interesting in the extra interviews was the almost unanimous expression, by all the bands, of something akin to nationalism and/or anti-multiculturalism.  Vikernes is obviously the most pronounced, but it really did seem that all the bands synced up with another in general spirit.  It's clear Nocturno Culto reveres Norway deeply and even the guy from Ulver laments multiculturalism.  Obviously Enslaved are less pointed for many reasons but Ivar's interview seemed to lament multiculturalism on a certain level, although he might not be able to make that final leap.  But even to hear about how Ivar's parents and one of the other guy's parents were teachers and so in their houses they had lots of books about Vikings - it's clear what Enslaved's original intent was.  Immortal expressed it, somewhat, when they talked of their "viking names." 

I liked these interviews better than the actual film, although I understand why the flim makers made the cuts they did.  On another thought, I wonder if the film makers were genuinely charmed by Vikernes?  It seems like it to me but I'm not positive.

Following up on my previous post:  what became clear, was that the original uniting factor, amongst the Norwegian boys, was NORWAY.  The boys were not possessed by "Satan," they were possessed by the spirit of Norway.  And in this view, it's not Satan VS. Christianity, it's Norway VS. Christianity. 

"Until The Light Takes Us" film
November 03, 2010, 05:18:09 PM
Hey everyone, just wondering what everyone else out there thought of the Black Metal Documentary, "Until The Light Takes Us".

I personally thought it was great.

BTW, Official Tshirts and Hoodies from the film can be purchased at www.darksundistro.com

~Tim

Re: "Until The Light Takes Us" film
November 03, 2010, 08:45:45 PM
uh-oh...

Re: "Until The Light Takes Us" film
November 03, 2010, 09:35:46 PM
Hey everyone, just wondering what everyone else out there thought of the Black Metal Documentary, "Until The Light Takes Us".

WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT

...if a mod will join your topic to the topic already extant in News, I think that'll be for the best. :)

When they were in Chicago, Aurey And Aaron (The Directors) said they had 96 hours of extra Varg footage alone.  When does the 36 disc box set come out?

Update:

OK. Here it is. The full feature film and ALL the extra features are now available to watch on our website. Just go here (http://www.blackmetalmovie.com/), click on the pics in the middle of the page, and voila! You'll see the feature film, 8 special features, and 2 video bundles that have discounted collections of extras. Direct link: http://www.blackmetalmovie.com/moviepage.html

We wanted people in all sorts of far flung places all over the world to have a chance to see the film and the extras. The feature film will not play (we are not allowed to make it available) in these countries: Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, and German speaking countries. The extras, however, will play everywhere. So if you are in Germany or Australia and picked up the DVD, you can now see the rest of the special features that are on the North American version. If you only want to see SOME of the extras and don't want to pay for all of them, you can do that too. It requires only a paypal or amazon account.

We know that some people still want to buy the DVD to have in their collection. You'll still be able to. We're working on making an EXTREMELY limited edition, PAL, zone free Double DVD. The artwork on that is nearly done, we'll be manufacturing it shortly and taking orders.

In the meantime, if you want to check out the film or the extras, everyone in the entire world should now be able to.

Let us know what you think of the new format! And this is easy to share with others! You can share these on facebook, myspace whatever, and embed these videos on your own webpages, forums, blogs, anywhere. It's pretty darn cool.

Oh, last thing - we're down to our last 30 posters. If you want one, we're only able to fulfill the next 30 orders that come in. Those are also on our website.

Thanks guys.
Audrey and Aaron

http://www.blackmetalmovie.com/moviepage.html

Get the shit out of the basement:

The full feature film and ALL the extra features are now available to watch on our website.  Just go here http://www.blackmetalmovie.com/moviepage.html and you'll see the feature film, 8 special features, and 2 video bundles that have discounted collections of extras.

Now people anywhere in the world have the chance to see the film and the extras.  The feature film will not play (we are not allowed to make it available) in these countries: Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, and German speaking countries.  The extras, however, will play everywhere.  So if you are in Germany or Australia and picked up the DVD, you can now see the rest of the special features that are on the North American version.  If you only want to see SOME of the extras and don't want to pay for all of them, you can do that too.  It requires only a paypal or amazon account.

We know that some people still want to buy the DVD to have in their collection.  You'll still be able to.  We're working on making an EXTREMELY limited edition, PAL, zone free Double DVD.  The artwork on that is nearly done, we'll be manufacturing it shortly and taking orders.

In the meantime, if you want to check out the film or the extras, everyone in the entire world should now be able to.  Please help us spread the word on your local forums!

Let us know what you think of the new format!  Oh and this is easy to share with others!  You can share these on facebook, myspace whatever, and embed these videos on your own webpages, forums, anywhere.  It's pretty darn cool. 

Oh, last thing - we're down to our last 23 posters.  If you want one, we're only able to fulfill the next 23 orders that come in.  Those are also on our website.

Thanks guys.
Audrey and Aaron

http://www.blackmetalmovie.com

Get the shit out of the basement:

The feature film will not play (we are not allowed to make it available) in these countries: Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, and German speaking countries. 

Anyone know if this is government-sanctioned censorship or just marketing strategy?

Probably government, since there's no doubt that a lot of that extra footage will be Vikernes talking about Nazism.

Probably government, since there's no doubt that a lot of that extra footage will be Vikernes talking about Nazism.

Just for the record, it's actually surprising how little he dwells on this in the extra footage I've seen.  In fact, at one point he talks about how some kids will listen to metal, some will be computer nerds, some will go to the mall, some will shve their head and do this (he makes a sieg heil motion), etc.  And he says what they all have in common is "youth without a direction."  Vikernes expresses a GENERAL nationalism and really doesn't get very specific in terms of "Nazism," in fact I don't think the word Nazi is even spoken.  Of course, this is probably just Vikernes being savvy.

But Jim, didn't you know?  Nationalism and Nazism are exactly the same thing!  They're two different words for a common concept: evil.

Can I get my Politics degree now?

Latest:

Hey guys and gals,

The international DVD can now be ordered. The release date is 15 Dec, but it's very limited. We're sorry, but it can not be shipped to North America, German territory, Australia, NZ or Japan. It CAN be shipped anywhere else. PAL, zone free. Double disc. Very limited quantity. Order at the website, http://www.blackmetalmovie.com/

Thanks!
Audrey

P.S. Please let us know if you'd like a press release.

For German fans:

Hi guys and gals, sorry about the English, but my one German grandmother failed to teach me German. So, some news (In English):

DVD: Rapid Eye Movies is distributing UNTIL THE LIGHT TAKES US in Germany, Austria and Switzerland (all German speaking countries). http://www.rapideyemovies.de/. The DVD is NOW OUT!

EXTRAS: They have released a one disc version, with about an hour of extras. We have another 3 hours of extras that are on the US version - these are up on our website. You can get those here: http://www.blackmetalmovie.com/moviepage.html. - This includes Black Metal University with Fenriz - not to be missed.

Just skip Bundle #1, because that's what you've already got on your disc.

Thanks guys. If you have any questions, you can reach us at info@blackmetalmovie.com.

I find it strange that we now have so many documentaries on Norwegian black metal, and yet none of them deals with the actual music at any major depth. That being said, it was nice to watch Varg debunk the basis for all the media-created sensationalism that has come to surround this movement. Oh, and Hellhammer proved himself to be an even larger idiot than Frost.