Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

UNTIL THE LIGHT TAKES US black metal movie / THE EGG horror film

Not much, I thought it was top-notch.  I'd actually pay for ten hours of interview footage, though.

I don't buy into the postmodern explanation as theory, more like an eternal story of how things decay. The story is made poignant because it's one of people resisting mass culture, knowing they're doomed, and then after the doom, finding out they've been accepted -- as cartoon characters. I always say that Nietzsche was the father of postmodernism because of his assault on "knowing," and I've found every postmodern thinker since to be extraneous and obvious; if you accept them, you dumb yourself down. The movie succeeds where it gets outside the tedious theory and just shows us how isolated these guys are, and how oppressive the society around them is.

E

I love the way they show Fenriz increasingly realizing (again) he's become a museum piece, his legacy being gangraped by halfwits in eternity. When this Melgaard character was too busy enjoying his latte macchiato to speak a word with him I hoped he would ignite in rage. Maybe 15 years in an urban jungle are worse for the romantic artist's spirit than a similar amount of time spent in prison.

Update:

Hey guys and gals - fullsize posters are sold out, and we are down to our last few miniposters.  Please head over here to check out the new merch:  http://on.fb.me/fRciWV  If you don't have a facebook account and you want more info on any item, just ask!  EXTREMELY limited quantities on some of it.

Anything except clothing can be signed upon request since the directors fulfill these orders themselves!  There is also an opportunity there to support our work with a donation.  We're trying to get another film made, we are hoping some of you may love UTLTU enough to get us started on that!  HUGE appreciation goes out to anyone who can help - and any amount is great.

We have new screenings to announce too:

PETERBOROUGH, NH
Date: Friday, Saturday 19th
Time: 7PM

Venue: The Toadstool Bookshop

$5

PARIS, FRANCE

Date: March 16

Time: 8pm
Gaité lyrique - auditorium / 3bis rue papin - 75003 Paris
5 euros
www.gaite-lyrique.net

Facebook invite:  http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=194203137261791

MANCHESTER, UK

Date: 11 March

Time: 9pm

Venue: The Ruby Lounge

26-28 High St.

Facebook invite: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=166592443362949

Belgium

9th april 2011
Le Vecteur
Rue de Marcinelle, 30
6000 Charleroi - Belgium
www.vecteur.be
entrance: 3euro

Please take a look at the new merch in the shop!  http://on.fb.me/fRciWV

Thanks guys.
Audrey & Aaron

For the philosophically literate: Nietzsche invented the postmodern; everyone else just re-stated his ideas in more obtuse ways. The idea of decay of ideas is less significant than the concept of "knowing" or the idea that an external definition could EVER have life other than as a dodgy referent.

Update:

In America/Canada: check your cable Movies on Demand listings. We've just been added to a bunch of carriers. Verizon FiOS will start Feb 11th. The rest are already up.

If you want this in the UK (or if you just have a minute to help us out), please add us to your wishlist (and like/rate it) on Lovefilm, here: http://www.lovefilm.com/film/Until-the-Light-Takes-Us/137574/

Great if you have friends who maybe don't already know how amazing Until The Light Takes Us is.  If they want to watch the movie on their tv but aren't sure they want to buy the DVD, this is for them.  Please let them know?  Thanks.

Here's the list of American/Canadian Movie on Demand Carriers that have the film:

1. Charter

2. Verizon FiOS

3. AT&T U-Verse

4. Rogers (Canada)

5. Mediacom

6. Eastlink Communications

7. Wave

8. Blue Ridge

9. Access Communication (CCSA)

10. Source Cable (CCSA)

11. NorthwsTel Cable (CCSA)

12. Bluewater (CCSA)

13. Seaside (CCSA)

14. KPU

15. Cable Cable (CCSA)

Latest

If you've waited, this is a great time to pick up the International Double Disc DVD.  We're having a two week, 20% off Equinox sale for our international DVDs (no American DVDs left here, go to Amazon for those).  Regular price is $28 plus shipping = 35.49.  Sale Price is $22.40, plus shipping = $29.89.  This is for the Double Disc International DVD with 4 hours of extras.

There is only ONE way to get the DVD at this price: send $29.89 (USD) via paypal using [email protected] by the 20th of March, 23:21 GMT.  Once the winter is over, the sale is too.

To take advantage of the sale price, you MUST make a direct paypal payment to [email protected] - do not use the link on our website. No refunds, no exceptions!

So order today!  Each International DVD has 4 hours of extras. If you want more than one copy to go to the same address, add USD $25.50 for each additional copy.  So if you want 2 DVDs to go to one address, the total is $55.39.  Include your mailing address!

The DVD can be signed by the directors on request (requires removing shrinkwrap). Just add a note that you want it signed!

The film has English, Spanish and French subtitles.

Thanks, and enjoy the last of winter!
Audrey & Aaron

Newest:

If you've waited, this is a great time to pick up the International Double Disc DVD. We're having a two week, 20% off Equinox sale for our international DVDs.

(There are no American DVDs left here, go to Amazon for those, but we do have 9 blu-ray's left, write us: [email protected] for pricing info).

The Intl DVD regular price is $28 plus shipping = 35.49. Sale Price is $22.40, plus shipping = $29.89. This is for the Double Disc International DVD with 4 hours of extras.

There is only ONE way to get the DVD at this price: send $29.89 (USD) via paypal using [email protected] by the 20th of March, 23:21 GMT. Once the winter is over, the sale is too.

To take advantage of the sale price, you MUST make a direct paypal payment to [email protected] - do not use the link on our website. No refunds, no exceptions!

So order today! Each International DVD has 4 hours of extras. If you want more than one copy to go to the same address, add USD $25.50 for each additional copy. So if you want 2 DVDs to go to one address, the total is $55.39. Include your mailing address!

The DVD can be signed by the directors on request (requires removing shrinkwrap). Just add a note that you want it signed!

The film has English, Spanish and French subtitles.

Thanks, and enjoy the last of winter!
Audrey & Aaron

i. We're looking for a fan/friend/superior person to build a website to help get our next film off the ground. We have a basic design - need it to be very polished. The catch: We have almost no money. Surprise! (I'm sure you're not.) Anyone have pro web skills who can help us for a very low upfront fee? We can't pay more than a couple hundred. But you will be credited in the film. Please write to Audrey at [email protected] if you can be part of our next adventure.

Thank you!

New

From Audrey:

OK, are you ready to party with us again? We need: 1 PHOTOGRAPH. It must be rights cleared. In other words: you must have made the image yourself or own the rights to it. Here are key-words: night, dark, silhouette, shadows, foreboding, abandoned, black, orange, sunset, buildings. We do not want city skylines or forests/nature. If you have anything - please EMAIL ME DIRECTLY - [email protected] - and I'll tell you more. We need this asap.

Please include the image(s) when you email me (thumbnails if they're large) and of course I won't use anyone's images without their permission. I'm on a tight schedule! If your image is the one, we'll need a high res version of it, so please make sure you have that before writing!

I've posted a sample image at http://www.facebook.com/untilthelight

Thanks guys!
Audrey

Audrey Ewell May 17 at 7:50pm Reply • Report
Hey guys, great news - we finally signed on for UK distribution (with these guys: http://www.independentfilmcompany.com/).

What this means: you'll be able to find the film on demand, for download, and on mobile devices, etc. We'll let you know as specific platforms become available. For now, it would be a great help to us if you could add Until The Light Takes Us to your Lovefilm wishlists. We'll let you know once it becomes available, but this will really help us get it on there. Then you can tell all your friends to watch it (free and easy!). It just takes a second, so if you have one, please follow this link and add it! http://www.lovefilm.com/film/Until-the-Light-Takes-Us/137574/

As always, you can order the DVD or blu-ray (both have 4 hours of extras) at http://www.blackmetalmovie.com/ - you can also stream everything there.

Thanks! We've worked really hard to get the film out, and we really appreciate your support!

Audrey and Aaron
For you twitter types: @Audrey Ewell & @Aaron Aites ; )

No one posted this yet