Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

SUFFOCATION to Tour US with Metalcore Fags, Clones

SUFFOCATION PRESENTS... BLOOD APOCALYPSE TOUR 2009
SUFFOCATION
WHITECHAPEL
BENEATH THE MASSACRE
DECREPIT BIRTH 
VEIL OF MAYA  PSYCROPTIC

http://www.suffocation.us/tour.htm

March (with Whitechapel, Decrepit Birth, Veil Of Maya)
11 - Long Island, NY - Crazy Donkey
14 - Springfield, VA - Jaxx
15 - Virginia Beach, VA - Masonic Temple
16 - Wilmington, NC - The Soapbox
17 - Raleigh, NC - Volume 11
20 - Lafayetta, LA - Grant Street Hall
21 - Ft. Worth, TX - Ridglea Theatre (+ Carcass, Suicide Silence)
22 - Corpus Christi, TX - House of Rock
24 - El Paso, TX - Chic's
26 - Palmdale, CA - The Crossing
27 - Phoenix, AZ - The Marquee Theatre

March (with Whitechapel, Decrepit Birth, Veil Of Maya, Psycroptic)
28 - Anaheim, CA - The Grove (California Metal Fest)
29 - Sacramento, CA - The Boardwalk
30 - Modesto, CA - Modesto Virtual

April (with Whitechapel, Decrepit Birth, Veil Of Maya, Psycroptic)
2 - Colorado Springs, CO - The Black Sheep
3 - Lubbock, TX - Tequila Jungle
11 - Madison, WI - The Loft
17 - Worcester, MA - New England Metalfest
18 - Allentown, PA - Crocodile Rock

What a waste of time. You're better off listening to one of their CDs. Mullen is an ape.

As I mentioned on the Carcass post, I would probably be even less enthused if I had ever actually heard of three out of four of those bands. Still, that fact in and of itself tells me enough... too bad really.

What an unfortunate lineup. Psycroptic are a thrill to see live, much moreso than on CD.

What a waste of time. You're better off listening to one of their CDs. Mullen is an ape.

They absolutely killed when I saw them a couple of years ago. I might actually rate them as the best death metal band I've seen live. They even managed to make the new material listenable.

What an unfortunate lineup. Psycroptic are a thrill to see live, much moreso than on CD.

Psycroptic are a competent Suffo ripoff at best, but yes, they put on a decent live performance.

For those who haven't had the opportunity to see Suffocation live yet, it would be recommended that they take this opportunity.  They are extremely professional, thrilling to watch and the new material is much better when sandwiched between classics.

Not worth it if you've seen Suffocation before (and as much as they've been touring lately, you should've).

Last good bill they were on was the one with Immolation.

I have seen Suffocation 4 times, definitely in the top 5 bands I have ever had the pleasure of seeing live.

But fucking crap this is a dismal lineup.

There's nothing Suffocation does live, that is enjoyable, that you can't get from one of their CDs.

Having seen them 3 or 4 times myself, I would disagree.

There is an energy, spirit, and personality to their live performances that simply doesn't come across on the studio recordings.

I agree with the other poster who said they are one of the best active live bands.

Immolation, Averse Sefira, and Morbid Angel are the only ones I'd rank higher, though these days with Morbid Angel, you have to put up with Vincent's retarded spandex/rock 'n' roll persona.

Having seen them 3 or 4 times myself, I would disagree.

There is an energy, spirit, and personality to their live performances that simply doesn't come across on the studio recordings.

I agree with the other poster who said they are one of the best active live bands.

Right on. Admittedly, Frank's stage presence is a little unusual to me, but musically they just kill in the live arena. They kicked ass on stage in '92 and also when last I saw them in Sept. '08 with Carcass.     

"Are there any ladies out there tonight? Whenever I see a pretty girl I just want to...BATHE IN HER ENTRAILS! Then maybe take her out for a seafood dinner."

Yes, definitely worth paying to see!

"Are there any ladies out there tonight? Whenever I see a pretty girl I just want to...BATHE IN HER ENTRAILS! Then maybe take her out for a seafood dinner."

Yes, definitely worth paying to see!

Reminds me of the stuff Slayer used to say onstage.

"Is anyone out there into older women... I mean much older women, with maggots crawling in their vaginal flesh... dead women... this is -- NECROPHILIAC!"

Also agree that Suffocation is really amazing live. Few bands can get up there and sound "album perfect" (interestingly, one of the other bands that comes to mind is Faith No More). Mullen's antics are silly, and I don't know when he acquired them - saw them in 96 and he didn't do that stuff. Anyway, next time they come out on a QUALITY package, go check it out.

He got it from parroting Cannibal Corpse, which is what Suffocation does. How the mighty have fallen.