Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Mexican Metal

Re: Mexican Metal
April 22, 2010, 11:03:00 PM
SHUB-NIGGURATH
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=4303

Some pretty heavy dudes. Ex-members of Cenotaph.

It's been quite a while since I've heard anyone mention them.

May 02, 2010, 05:26:12 AM
It seems like most modern "revolutionaries" are half wits.

What revolutionaries were not?

May 10, 2010, 11:44:19 PM
EMBALMED is definitely worth mentioning.

http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=32408

October 18, 2010, 10:13:01 PM
Deathmetal.Org has risen from its wrathful vigil to deliver a hammering blow of metallic devastation dedicated to those who arose from the decadent and torn lands of Mexico to perform a musical triumph of the will.

Noe of Guttural Records put us in touch with some of the bravest music-magicians of the Mexican heritage, namely Death Metal pioneer Joel Alanis of Mortuary, Unique Mayan Black Metal priest Marco Ek Balaam of Xibalba, Satan’s servitor Demogorgon of Avzhia and necromantic maniac Eduardo, formerly of Shub Niggurath and Tormentor, now of Necroccultus. What our discussions and severe mental indulgement in cryptic Mexican materials yielded is now for all to see, in blasphemous contempt for the weak sanity of human minds faced with this mystery: evilness and darkness prevails.

Under a Toltec Moon – Memories on Mexican Metal by Devamitra, ObscuraHessian, Pearson and Xavier (incl. introduction by Vijay Prozak)

Spread like a virus, in order for all the posers to be crushed by the irrelevance of their own existence!

October 19, 2010, 03:47:15 AM
ˇA huevo!

Excellent work. Spreading it!

October 19, 2010, 06:58:10 AM
That was a tasty read! I've held prejudice against Mexicans since I was a kid, considering them dirty subhuman alcoholics, but since hearing Morbosidad, this prejudice raised to the next level. Morbosidad may be the incarnate of the unintellectual- bonehead, you say :) -stream in Black Metal, but they're also an effective vessel for bringing to surface the native spirituality that degenerated into subterranean demonisms. For me, they represent the ecstatic aggression caused by an amalgam of high temperature and alcoholic dementia- typical of South American bands, but carrying a unique Mexican imprint. Before further comments, it's time to check the predecessors.

October 19, 2010, 01:06:34 PM
I've attempted to whore this article.  No real response yet, but I think it was excellent.

October 19, 2010, 02:09:23 PM
Inspired by the article, went to discover the historical background of Mexican bestiality and these lines caught my attention:

"The overwhelming aspect of Aztec religious life in the imaginations of non-Aztecs was the predominance of human sacrifice. This had been practiced all throughout the Mesoamerican world, but the Tenochca practiced it at a scale never seen before or since. We don't know a great deal about the details, but we have a fairly good idea of its general character and justification. Throughout Mesoamerica, the theology involved the concept that the gods gave things to human beings only if they were nourished by human beings. Among the Maya, for instance, the priests would nourish the gods by drawing their own blood by piercing their tongues, ears, extremities, or genitals. Other sacrifices involved prayer, offerings of food, sports, and even dramas. The Aztecs practiced all of these sacrifices, including blood-letting. But the Aztec theologians also developed the notion that the gods are best nourished by the living hearts of sacrificed captives; the braver the captive, the more nourishing the sacrifice. This theology led to widespread wars of conquest in search of sacrificial victims both captured in war and paid as tribute by a conquered people.

We can successfully reconstruct Aztec human sacrifice with a high level of accuracy. Some sacrifices were very minimal, involving the sacrifice of a slave to a minor god, and some were very spectacular, involving hundreds or thousands of captives. Aztec history claims that Ahuitzotl (1468-1502), who preceded Mocteuzma II as king, sacrificed 20,000 people after a campaign in Oaxaca ("O-a-sha-ka"). No matter what the size of the sacrifice, it was always performed the same way. The victim was held down by four priests on an altar at the top of a pyramid or raised temple while the officiant made an incision below the rib cage and pulled out the living heart. The heart was then burned and the corpse was pushed down the steep steps; a very brave or noble victim was carried down the steps. The most brutal of human sacrifices were those dedicated to the god Huehueteotl. Sacrificial victims were drugged and then thrown into a fire at the top of the ceremonial platform. Before they were killed by the fire, they were dragged out with hooks and their living hearts were pulled out and thrown back into the fire."

http://www.wsu.edu/~dee/CIVAMRCA/AZTECS.HTM

If table books were like this, I'd own a table!

October 19, 2010, 05:55:57 PM
Inspired by the article, went to discover the historical background of Mexican bestiality and these lines caught my attention:

It's not that simple. Here, this image will put it in the right dimension:

FUSION OF TWO CULTURES, by Jorge González Camarena.

October 24, 2010, 02:25:00 PM
I'm haunted by this picture for days, and yes, I get your point. It's not my intent to pollute the thread when posting this further clarification by the same author- notice the hessian flag in the burning sky:

http://lacathrine.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/presencia-de-america-latina-2.jpg

October 26, 2010, 08:56:26 AM
nice sites thanks for sharing.

November 02, 2010, 07:23:57 PM
Mictlantecuhtli
http://www.mictlantecuhtli-tribe.com/

This doesn't appear to be the correct URL. With a quick Google of the band name, no legitimate band site came up either.