Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

MASSACRE (FL) Apparently Still Kicking Around

MASSACRE (FL) Apparently Still Kicking Around
February 15, 2009, 02:20:44 PM
Florida death metal band Massacre have issued the following update about their line-up changes and legal challenges:

"That's right... MASSACRE is going to be going under 'new' management with a very well known and respected individual and great friend... a veteran in the metal scene himself, and the hope is that with his assistance and management skills - that MASSACRE will be able to finally get over these "legal issues" and problems it has been faced with for the last several years... finally breaking out of these "legal chains" that have been holding the band in "legal limbo" for the past several years - and finally allowing Kam Lee to move forwards with creating an all "new" MASSACRE line up for 2010! Announcement will be made when all has been finalised. "

Link

I can sense the bated breath!

Re: MASSACRE (FL) Apparently Still Kicking Around
February 16, 2009, 06:24:44 AM
It has to be a bad sign that I literally cringe everytime I read news like this.

I think on something often - virtually all of my favorite bands, almost without exception, has gone on to sully, or at least diminish their own legacy by just not knowing when to call it a day, or by resurrecting themsleves when they really have nothing new to say and little to nothing left in the tank. I understand the desire to re-capture past glories, or just create again - but at what cost? Perhaps this is the "curse" or downside of being an genuine artist...the price of greatness.

February 19, 2009, 05:55:31 AM
I saw Massacre last year at Central Illinois Metalfest, and they were the best band and event of the whole weekend. Kam was in great spirit, and he had Terry Butler on Bass and Steve Swanson on guitar.....hope it isn't an "all new line-up"....that would make no sense after seeing this band tearing it up.

February 25, 2009, 01:20:16 AM
I saw Massacre last year at Central Illinois Metalfest, and they were the best band and event of the whole weekend. Kam was in great spirit, and he had Terry Butler on Bass and Steve Swanson on guitar.....hope it isn't an "all new line-up"....that would make no sense after seeing this band tearing it up.

Got to see them with that line-up in Tampa Oct. '07. Awesome show!