Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pope wants people to procreate with ugly people and have retarded babies...

Pope Benedict said on Saturday there were worrying signs of a new type of eugenics based on perfection and physical beauty.

"Certainly, the eugenistic and racial ideologies that in the past humiliated man and provoked immense suffering are not being proposed again, but a new mentality is creeping in that tends to justify a different consideration of life and personal dignity," the pope said in a speech to the Pontifical Academy for Life.

The Vatican considers pre-implantation diagnosis of embryos to avoid genetic defects or select for qualities like gender morally unacceptable. It is also against genetic enhancement for purposes other than medical treatment.

Pope warns on new eugenics based on beauty, Reuters (2/21/09)

Summary- "We want more ineffective people!  The weak are worth more in the eyes of gOD!"

"We want more ineffective people!  The weak are worth more in the eyes of gOD!"

I am reminded of this:

"It remains impossible, as it was in the Eighteenth Century, to separate the democratic idea from the theory that there is some mystical merit, an esoteric and ineradicable rectitiude in the man at the bottom of the scale - that inferiority, by some strange magic, becomes a sort of superiority - nay, the superiority of superiorities."   (H.L. Mencken - Notes on Democracy)

All very Nietzschean of course - but wisdom that continues to escape the western world generation after generation, be they Catholic, Secular Humanist or what have you. And it is only compounded by time...

"The Vatican considers pre-implantation diagnosis of embryos to avoid genetic defects or select for qualities like gender morally unacceptable."

MORALLY unacceptable. Right. You selfish twats. What if a baby is born with a part of their skull missing, exposing their brain? What about all of those babies in Russia born with such horrific deformities as their brains developing outside their head, having no limbs, or having backwards appendages as a result of radiation? Wouldn't you want to end the child's suffering, as going through life would most likely be a trying and insufferable ordeal for them?

This stuff makes me sick.

"The Vatican considers pre-implantation diagnosis of embryos to avoid genetic defects or select for qualities like gender morally unacceptable."

MORALLY unacceptable. Right. You selfish twats. What if a baby is born with a part of their skull missing, exposing their brain? What about all of those babies in Russia born with such horrific deformities as their brains developing outside their head, having no limbs, or having backwards appendages as a result of radiation? Wouldn't you want to end the child's suffering, as going through life would most likely be a trying and insufferable ordeal for them?

This stuff makes me sick.

Answer: kill the child, remove the problem.

Well theres someone who agrees with me. I know if I had a child who was born with a horrible affliction and who could never make a life for themselves and be happy, I'd rather it not have to suffer at all.

I just don't get why this reasoning is not looked upon as favorable.

Well theres someone who agrees with me. I know if I had a child who was born with a horrible affliction and who could never make a life for themselves and be happy, I'd rather it not have to suffer at all.

I just don't get why this reasoning is not looked upon as favorable.

It's cruel.  The child should decide for himself.  Life is a precious thing.

Basically, any bollocks excuse for not taking action is ok.

Test tube engineering is against nature, so I don't support it.

I know if I had a child who was born with a horrible affliction and who could never make a life for themselves and be happy, I'd rather it not have to suffer at all.

Think a few links deep into human psychology. It never occurred to me either.

If human beings are just chunks of meat with brains, and we can kill one, we're not "100% safe."

Most people have low self-confidence and want to escape natural selection, so they want laws and rules and taboos so they are "100% safe."

You and I and most people on this forum know that's a fucking illusion... but that's why they demand such egalitarian views.

Then shrewd clever but not intelligent people pander to that, and that's how we get the dogma extended to retards, the third world, minorities, and others who really don't fit in a civilization.

I say laugh and move on. Too much lament ruins a civilization. Better to say, "well, that didn't work," and return the soul to the cosmos so it can create new creatures with it.