Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Dead Infection

Dead Infection
March 04, 2009, 03:25:09 AM
Greetings all.

Upon reading the DLA (or was it a zine) review of "Surgical Disembowelment", I decided to check this band out. Initially, my reaction was apathetic, but it soon turned to negative as the absolutely lifeless production neuters the album and makes it run together, and that's after listening to the album three times. I wrote off Dead Infection as a shit band.

But then, I decided to give them another chance, and upon Youtubing for a short while, I came upon several videos which piqued my interest. Sort of like Discharge meets Carcass, I am now intrigued by this band and believe that the production on "Surgical Disembowelment" was simply not my cup of tea.

I am open to suggestions on material to obtain, as I have found that they have two other full lengths and a variety of splits. Any feedback is very much appreciated.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

Re: Dead Infection
March 05, 2009, 08:44:13 PM
I would agree that "Surgical Disembowelment" is lower quality. Check out the "Start Human Slaughter" demo. If you can imagine such songs from "SD", except a much stronger production and performance. http://www.anus.com/metal/hall/index.php/topic,3118.0.html

March 05, 2009, 10:12:01 PM
'The Party's Over' split with Blood is also good, albeit a bit more crust/grind. Check out Impetigo too.Though most is nonessential, lyrical content of both bands (like Carcass, Pathologist) is poetic.   

March 06, 2009, 06:34:49 AM
Dead Infection is bad music. It may be entertaining music, but it can't really go beyond the level of sonic candy. I sometimes enjoy Chapter of Accidents, but I wouldn't notice if it ceased to exist. I think that this is pretty much the bottom line with "grindcore", generally speaking. In essence, it's a kind of jazz, despite how dissimilar it might sound.

March 06, 2009, 06:28:00 PM
'The Party's Over' split with Blood is also good, albeit a bit more crust/grind. Check out Impetigo too.Though most is nonessential, lyrical content of both bands (like Carcass, Pathologist) is poetic.   

I already know Impetigo, great stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions, folks.

Truth be told? I'll take the best of grindcore (Blood, Napalm Death, Brutal Truth, Assuck, etc) over black/death metal any day. Yeah, I know. I'm a hipster.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

March 10, 2009, 11:41:06 PM
Sort of like Discharge meets Carcass, I am now intrigued by this band and believe that the production on "Surgical Disembowelment" was simply not my cup of tea.

Dead Infection, like Blood, intrigues me with their poetic take on grindcore. They need more exploration, production be damned to hell!

March 13, 2009, 03:24:56 AM
Dead Infection, like Blood, intrigues me with their poetic take on grindcore. They need more exploration, production be damned to hell!

I tried to like "Surgical Disembowelment" but I wasn't able to because of that production.

I got the split with Blood and "Brain Corrosion", both are shaping to be great works.
No.

March 19, 2009, 12:59:10 PM
A Chapter of Accidents is by far my fave from this band. Haven't checked out any of the later stuff. Surgical has it's morbid charm.