Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Darkthrone and Ildjarn lyrics translations

Darkthrone and Ildjarn lyrics translations
March 08, 2009, 10:53:37 PM
I've started this thread to hopefully find out from people who know some Norwegian the translations for Darkthrone's Transylvanian Hunger (the entire album) and Ildjarn's Eksistenses Jeger.

I actually tried translating the latter and it's something about hunter, beast, invisible path, but somehow it doesn't make much sense since I have no idea about norwegian syntax.

Thanks for anything you could contribute.

Re: darkthrone ildjarn lyrics
March 09, 2009, 12:59:10 PM
Wow! Many, many thanks for the translations. I tried to post this on metal-archives too and practically no one cared about lyrics

March 09, 2009, 02:34:18 PM
Hehe, but you could have checked the Darkthrone page at m-a because this link is there.

March 10, 2009, 05:44:59 AM
On a related note, has anyone come across the translation for Hans Siste Vinter?
Or could do the translation themselves, it would be appreciiated. Thanks

March 12, 2009, 08:01:51 AM
Yeah, back when someone was actually interested in the content and the poetry and not only the surface image and which trend it relates to.

Quote from: OVER FJELL OG GJENNOM TORNER
The Norse race must slaughter the other
When African-Americans pound too heavily on our door

Looks like there was more anti-alien propaganda going on in "Transilvanian Hunger" than simply what was printed on the back cover.

Quote from: OVER FJELL OG GJENNOM TORNER
The Norse race must slaughter the other
When African-Americans pound too heavily on our door

Looks like there was more anti-alien propaganda going on in "Transilvanian Hunger" than simply what was printed on the back cover.

Yeah, it's great. Funny is that because it is Norwegian, no-one seemed to notice!

Hunter of existence

You are a weary predator
On the way, limping
Bruised
By the journey

Camougflaged like the humans
Tatooed by toil
A hunter of existence, warpainted
By your invisible duty

(I think... and hope it makes sense.)
Whatever you honor above all things, that which you so honor will have dominion over you.

NHA

Den Norríne Rase ma Slakte den andre
nar blammen dunker for tungt pa var dír

For what its worth, Blammen probably refers to Arabs here, not African-Americans.

Blammen: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Viking-Attacks-and-the-Moorish-Spain-62632.shtml

Coupled with the fact that arabs are the ones mass immigrating, not blacks.

Re: Darkthrone and Ildjarn lyrics translations
February 10, 2012, 04:25:25 PM
Den Norríne Rase ma Slakte den andre
nar blammen dunker for tungt pa var dír

For what its worth, Blammen probably refers to Arabs here, not African-Americans.

Blammen: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Viking-Attacks-and-the-Moorish-Spain-62632.shtml

Coupled with the fact that arabs are the ones mass immigrating, not blacks.
Just noticed this couplet has been left out of the lyrics print for the c.2004 vinyl reissue of TH on Peaceville record. Does anyone know of it features on other reissues or not?

Btw, I think 'African-American' is one of Anus's auto-corrects for a certain n-word, I don't think it was part of the original post.
"creation in order to subdue the torment of perception" - Wilhelm Worringer
A View From Nihil
Order of the HNW

Re: Darkthrone and Ildjarn lyrics translations
February 11, 2012, 06:30:07 AM

Just noticed this couplet has been left out of the lyrics print for the c.2004 vinyl reissue of TH on Peaceville record. Does anyone know of it features on other reissues or not?

It wouldn't surprise me. I remember leaving a message "Norsk arisk black metal" on their myspace a few years back and they 'unfriended' me for it, which would be quite funny if not absolutely disgusting when you realize just how pc this band became overnight.