Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Is ANUS falling apart?

Is ANUS falling apart?
March 29, 2009, 05:11:18 PM
I heard some bullshit rumors about the Anus and Corrupt team falling apart? SNUS, BNUS, Corrupt eire, Corrupt australia, have had no activity in months? LDD, Venus gone? Radio NIhil?? Corrupt and ANUS websites are all..well.. different ?? Is this some extreme makeover thing or is something going on, does anyone know?

Re: Is ANUS falling apart?
March 30, 2009, 02:30:47 AM
ANUS continues its mission.

CORRUPT is a separate entity and will have to speak for itself. (See: On Corrupt Drama)

AMERIKA continues where Brett Stevens, the writer, left off on CORRUPT.

March 30, 2009, 03:34:20 AM
I do not support retribution against former users. This policy went into place when one of our admins on metal hall badly betrayed us.

Just wondering, what's the story behind this? Or at least, who was it?

March 30, 2009, 03:39:09 AM
Forgive my juvenile attitude, but I lol'd at the thread title. XD

ANUS seems stronger than ever, as does Corrupt. I'm not too sure about the other organizations as I have not visited their websites.

March 30, 2009, 05:38:01 AM
I had always wondered what the Corrupt and ANUS relationship was. It's good to know that they aren't associated because their opinions often seem directly at odds with each other.

March 30, 2009, 01:42:46 PM
ANUS continues its mission.

CORRUPT is a separate entity and will have to speak for itself. (See: On Corrupt Drama)

AMERIKA continues where Brett Stevens, the writer, left off on CORRUPT.

Thank you for clearing things up

March 30, 2009, 03:30:42 PM
ANUS is part of a loose organization of people, sites, and local groups.

We share a common belief: modernity/rationalism/globalism is garbage, and we need strong Faustian cultural values to replace the Nanny State-style oblivion in which most people live.

This belief system gets translated into many different views, some of which do not share attributes of the others. We don't like dogma and don't make doctrinal requirements except, obviously, that those who seek to reverse our values -- e.g. endorse rationalism -- are not conducive to our purpose.

CORRUPT is part of this group, but is not a parent to ANUS nor is ANUS a parent to it. We're all different views on the same slightly esoteric but scientific, logical, realistic, naturalistic, integralism, idealist, holistic, nihilistic truth: life is real, we must engage in it to ensure good prevails, and that evil/stupidity is everpresent and always disguises itself in innocuous or flattering/pandering forms.

We have no enemies and believe that if anyone analyzes their own beliefs, and takes them to their logical ends, they will see how we and they are basically in agreement. The difference is scope: we're looking ahead a thousand years, and we see no reason to engage in negative politics or a politics of what we're afraid of and want to destroy, but instead we want positive politics or finding goals that make us better, lift up our spirits, give life meaning and give us something to strive for.

This is too much for most people, but 80-90% of them are politically inert in every case; we are looking to convince the 2-5% of "thought leaders" in this society of the correctness of what we say, and have them agitate for it in their own lives and spheres of influence. As a result, it's impossible to gauge our success and whether our ideas have had root because they "trickle down" and do not necessarily preserve attribution; however, we see more people than ever before agreeing with us and endorsing our ideas.

If you want to join us, see this thread.

March 30, 2009, 10:45:08 PM
rationalism

In the context of this belief system, how do you define rationalism? 

What behaviors make somebody a rationalist?

What do you propose in its place?

March 31, 2009, 04:45:36 PM
evil/stupidity is everpresent and always disguises itself in innocuous or flattering/pandering forms

English nationalist Tolkien warned us about this.

Although Sauron long knew than Men were easier to sway, he long sought to bring the Elves into his service as they had more power So after the War of Wrath Sauron decided that the Valar had forgotten about Middle-earth and he once again turned to evil. [1]

After lying hidden and increasing his power in secret, Sauron put on a fair visage, and calling himself Annatar, the Lord of Gifts, and in S.A. 1200 he befriended the Elvish smiths of Eregion, and counselled them in arts and magic.[2] He never came to Lindon as Elrond and Gil-galad did not trust him and refused to treat with him, although they never realised who he truly was; elsewhere he was gladly received, especially in Eregion where the Elvish smiths learned much from him as their thirst for knowledge was great.[3]

Under Sauron's tutelage the Gwaith-i-Mírdain, under the leadership of Celebrimbor, grandson of Fëanor, became more skilled than anyone else, save for Fëanor himself. In the year 1500, when they reached the very height of their power, the Elves began the forging of the Rings of Power, but Sauron knew all their secrets and in 1600 - ten years after the completion of the Rings of Power - Sauron created The One Ring to control the bearers of the other Rings.[2]

But the Elves were not so easily ensnared, and as soon as Sauron put on the One Ring they and Celebrimbor were aware of him and realised they were betrayed.[3] They hid their Rings from Sauron and did not use them, but Sauron demanded that the other Rings be given to him for they would not have been without him knowledge: the Elves refused and the War of the Elves and Sauron followed.[1]

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Annatar

March 31, 2009, 05:59:25 PM
rationalism

1 - In the context of this belief system, how do you define rationalism? 

2 - What behaviors make somebody a rationalist?

3- What do you propose in its place?

In epistemology and in its modern sense, rationalism is "any view appealing to reason as a source of knowledge or justification" (Lacey 286). In more technical terms it is a method or a theory "in which the criterion of the truth is not sensory but intellectual and deductive" (Bourke 263). Different degrees of emphasis on this method or theory lead to a range of rationalist standpoints, from the moderate position "that reason has precedence over other ways of acquiring knowledge" to the radical position that reason is "the unique path to knowledge" (Audi 771). Given a pre-modern understanding of reason, "rationalism" is identical to philosophy, the Socratic life of inquiry, or the zetetic interpretation of authority (open to the underlying or essential cause of things as they appear to our sense of certainty). In recent decades, Leo Strauss sought to revive Classical Political Rationalism as a discipline that understands the task of reasoning, not as foundational, but as maieutic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationalism

Rationalism is the idea that linear logic is superior to empiricism or holistic logic. It advocates linear logic exclusively because it operates from the perspective of the individual (it is not holistic, or from "no perspective and thus all perspectives"). Rationalism arose during the Enlightenment (what kind of prick names something "The Enlightenment"; how self-serving, such marketing, how pompous) and despite all the many definitions they wave in front of your face, it comes down to this:

One man observes a condition in nature.

Regardless of the many influences to and from this condition, he measures only it, in BEFORE and AFTER states.

When he gets the result he desires from this condition in the AFTER state, he proclaims that this is the right way to achieve that desired result -- and ignores every other factor.

Reason is by its very nature linear, shaped by symbols and the thinking of one self-obsessed monkey human being.

Holistic reason requires a study of things outside a single factor in the present tense, and is taboo and Satanic to rationalists.

Rationalism could be understand rather as anthrocentricism, because it uses the human perspective on reason to proclaim itself as all reason incarnate.

An example:

I want to heat my house, so I find out that wood burns. Ignoring the peat bogs and the cow shit, I begin cutting down trees. Two years later, all the soil -- no longer held down by the trees I cut down -- blows away.

This is what philosophers mean when they talk about the arrogance of our science: it is linear/negative thinking.

March 31, 2009, 08:44:34 PM
Reasoning and rationalizing seem to be two different processes. Rationalizing tempts us with the easiest or most convenient, short-term solution, i.e. Cableguy's "get 'er done". Reasoning is similar in that it also has a logical flow, but it allows for optional inputs, various processing subroutines and multiple possible outcomes in order to find the best path. The two terms are not properly synonymous.

March 31, 2009, 09:24:19 PM
My 2 cents to anyone dismayed at Corrupt's tweaked stance on race:

What wasn't there to get about it already?

April 04, 2009, 08:03:07 PM
The problem with race is that it swallows all dialogue.

In 1789, people wanted equality. In 1968, that became racial/gender equality.

However, equality is inherently flawed because hierarchy is part of the mathematical distributions underlying nature.

The populist types therefore freak out about race; those who just want nationalism overcompensate and say unfortunate things. Then all other aspects of the debate are forgotten while the two groups bark at each other.

People are going to freak out about any site that doesn't mention civil rights/racial equality as a sacrament, or not mention it at all. This is unfortunate as it kills any analysis of the debate and creates a climate of fear.

When Plato talked about forms, he wanted to point out that similar patterns arise in different circumstances. So while one empire might seem to oppress people on the basis of race, others oppress people on the basis of not tolerating a de facto monoculture of requisite racial mixture.

This is lost on 99% of all the people out there.

If you ask me, ANUS is navigating a dangerous period in its growth. Birthing CORRUPT was hard and CORRUPT still faces many challenges, namely clearly articulating its goal and finding an audience by opening the minds of normal, intelligent, realistic people. (They're out there.) Also, ANUS itself is in transition, and now in the capable hands of kontinual, who is probably a better leader than myself. I'm a writer, which means I toss around ideas and make sense of them, which doesn't lend itself to consistency always. It's like being stoned on ideas all the time, and then trying to feel your way back to reality like a drunk groping in the dark for a place to crash.

In the meantime, a lot has spun off into AMERIKA, which continues to be a place for expression of scientific, historical and philosophical truths without giving a damn who it offends.

Bear with us while we expand, and clarify, our mission that has been ongoing since 1988.

April 08, 2009, 02:58:57 PM
Anytime there is change, two things will happen:

* Old people will talk about how the old times were better.
* Young people will talk about how this could be The End.

At some point, both will be right on an ongoing cline, meaning that multiple generations will feel this way and be correct. Societies have a youth, a middle age, and a death.

However, this doesn't mean they're always right. I think now is one of those times.

ANUS and CORRUPT have a mission unlike any other internet site: to achieve something. Other internet sites are TV: they're a way to pass the time, to have some online friends, to have something to claim as your activity that makes you feel fulfilled, and/or to buy stuff.

This will upset a lot of people, because effectiveness denies the individual. If you want to be effective, the goal is no longer to make each other look smart and cute and stuff. The goal is the goal. And the neurosis is crushed in that instant, which makes people feel naked because they don't understand where they must go next, and know that where they were -- psychologically -- has just been made irrelevant.

So ANUS throws down a gauntlet... "get realistic about action"... it doesn't even tell you that you will be judged harshly if you don't accept that. It is happy to have you as a reader. But if you have read and understand, you realize this isn't a social club for people to get smarmy and self-impressed, like every other internet site out there.

In the progress toward this goal, there will be changes as the people here learn to better act on it. Some will be baffling until people see the reason why. I don't think ANUS is dying, right now. I think it was dying for the past two years as all its energy got sucked into CORRUPT. It seems to me that CORRUPT has now shifted staff, kicked out the real do-nothings, and is now moving on toward something else. I think ANUS is resurgent.

June 28, 2009, 04:04:55 PM
I heard some bullshit rumors about the Anus and Corrupt team falling apart?

And ANUS and CORRUPT are still here.

These sites cycle in popularity... sometimes they find an audience, sometimes they find less of one.

Often they offend those who were hoping to use them as a vehicle for their own needs exclusively, instead of working cooperatively.

Clearly, they need more people working with them. The sites need renewal, and they need more people active so they can have meetings like they used to.