Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Dreams & Goals

Dreams & Goals
April 03, 2009, 09:05:17 AM
The shrewd, social panderer and the haughty, anti-social refuser, though appear to be opposites, are actually the same: dishonest. They actually work together: it is not uncommon for the latter to employ the former. Together, they manipulate the crowd for shallow gain. Though they may lead and inspire, their true aims are to please and control.

Who must return are the tactful, warrior heroes and the genuine, contemplative leaders, while resembling the above pair, are different in that they live for truth. They work together, and lead / reign in the crowd toward transcendental gain. Though they may lie and control, their true aims are to lead and inspire.

In your daily life, strive in every way to be honest. Dishonesty breeds solipsism, relativism, temporary alliances, many enemies, and in the end confusion. Honesty breeds holism, unity, lasting friendships, and no enemies -- just challenges on the pathways toward your goals.

(I apologize for the boring sermon-style of writing, though I do not know how else to share this.)
"It is not the language of painters but the language of nature which one should listen to, the feeling for the things themselves, for reality, is more important than the feeling for pictures." - Van Gogh

Re: Dreams & Goals
April 03, 2009, 12:37:31 PM
No apologies for a nicely stated concept. I like your description of the humanist and hipster archetypes and their often symbiotic parasiticism, which is self-serving at its core.

1) Find or become some wretched lot in perpetual failure
2) Find good natured people around you who are productive
3) Accuse 2 of having more than 1
4) Have 2 foot the bill for 1
5) Congratulate self for Helping Humanity
6) Assure 1 remains wretched to keep the game going
7) Accuse 2 of racism or fascism when they don't want to continue playing

I'd like to see a warlord or general round up 1 and put them to work in collective farms or give them rifles and hurl them at enemies as cannon fodder.

April 08, 2009, 03:25:42 PM
That's the old power grab through guilt. Nietzsche identified the Jews as its origin, but I have a feeling that any population with IQ over 110 starts to have these people... but they disappear when the population IQ goes up to 130.
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

April 09, 2009, 03:54:17 AM
The shrewd, social panderer and the haughty, anti-social refuser, though appear to be opposites, are actually the same: dishonest. They actually work together: it is not uncommon for the latter to employ the former. Together, they manipulate the crowd for shallow gain. Though they may lead and inspire, their true aims are to please and control.

Who must return are the tactful, warrior heroes and the genuine, contemplative leaders, while resembling the above pair, are different in that they live for truth. They work together, and lead / reign in the crowd toward transcendental gain. Though they may lie and control, their true aims are to lead and inspire.

In your daily life, strive in every way to be honest. Dishonesty breeds solipsism, relativism, temporary alliances, many enemies, and in the end confusion. Honesty breeds holism, unity, lasting friendships, and no enemies -- just challenges on the pathways toward your goals.

(I apologize for the boring sermon-style of writing, though I do not know how else to share this.)

Cool, some ideas to play with!

Idealism vs. selfish intent.
The idealists live for truth. I've heard Christians say this many many times.
By what litmus test can we judge a correct idealist apart from an insane person or one with selfish intent? Perhaps we can use the laws of the universe and awareness of our place in that universe as a rough guide. So....what if these two principles come to conclusion in two conflicting ideals [conquering Superman vs. harmonious Brahman]?
Is this the factor behind the nationalist argument?