Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

ANUS Book List

eyeofwotan

Re: ANUS Book List
April 14, 2009, 04:38:36 PM
I think Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment would be a worthy addtion for its discussion of the usefulness of suffering.

March 19, 2010, 01:20:09 AM
Anyone know what's up with the ANUS book reviews page? Only a few of the books actually open up to reviews, and I'm certainly interested in reading ANUS's criticism of authors like Baudrillard, Fitzgerald, Joyce and other great thinkers. Is this just supposed to be a list of important books, or are there plans to fill in the reviews in time?

I personally greatly enjoy Baudrillard's writings. Simulacra and Simulation, despite its abstruse style, is a remarkable comment on the contemporary world, and The Spirit of Terrorism and The Intelligence of Evil make great criticisms on the weakness of the culture of globalism. Some of his theses are extremely provocative, especially considering how recent 9/11 was when he wrote the essays contained in The Spirit of Terrorism. Definitely a fascinating writer.

February 08, 2012, 08:17:38 PM
Why wouldn't you just get these from Guetenberg?
but i'm not sure if i can tinkle in front of a crowd.

March 03, 2012, 05:46:28 PM
Petar Zoranić-Planine !!!!

March 04, 2012, 07:18:33 AM
I would strongly suggest adding Jacques Ellul to the book list - although he is a Christian and much of his writing is concerned with Catholic doctrine, "The Technological Society" and "Propaganda: The Formation of Men's Attitudes" should be of great interest to readers of this site. I especially recommend "The Technological Society" as a counterpart to Ted Kascynski's  Manifesto.
-l-