Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

National Day of Slayer

Trauco

Re: National Day of Slayer
May 14, 2009, 05:24:23 PM
For those of you planning to hold a Slay-in in your local town or city, send me a PM with an e-mail contact and specific place for the gathering to take place and I will publish the info on Hessian and take care of further promotion on forums.

I anticipate mostly Americans will apply, but I would love to see gatherings of this kind assembling in other places in the world. That way, people will realize how massive and worldwide this Day of Slayer will be!

May 15, 2009, 01:50:53 AM
It should be noted that June 6th is also Tom's birthday.

May 15, 2009, 04:29:06 PM
For those of you planning to hold a Slay-in in your local town or city, send me a PM with an e-mail contact and specific place for the gathering to take place and I will publish the info on Hessian and take care of further promotion on forums.

99% of the people celebrating will not be on this forum, however. Wonder how hard it is to set up map software that lets them register a location?
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

May 16, 2009, 04:27:49 PM
It's very easy to put a marker on google maps. People just send in the address and he can put the markers.

Also, someone should make a flier. I tried making one, but being my first attempt at making a flier, I only managed to make a very ugly, rudimentary one. Here is the link to my crappy flier. At least it's something. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j226/chicken_doughnut/untitled.jpg

Trauco

May 17, 2009, 04:48:42 PM
How about these? http://img42.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ndosflyers2009.jpg

This looks pretty good. Can you make a printable version with better resolution?

So far I received one address for a Slay-in. Keep them coming this way. All received locations will be post this Friday.

May 17, 2009, 06:56:15 PM
I think there should be more incentive to go to a slay in than listening to slayer. I may try to organize an arm wrestling tournament. Just go to the gym or wherever and sign people up. Charge $10 to get in and give a $200 grand prize or something.

May 18, 2009, 05:36:15 PM
Slayerized has the International Day of Slayer banner on their home page.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

Trauco

May 18, 2009, 08:18:18 PM
I think there should be more incentive to go to a slay in than listening to slayer. I may try to organize an arm wrestling tournament. Just go to the gym or wherever and sign people up. Charge $10 to get in and give a $200 grand prize or something.

That's a great idea.

May 19, 2009, 01:06:35 AM
Perhaps a headbutting tournament would be more appropriate.
In Soviet Russia, God creates human!

Trauco

May 26, 2009, 11:10:50 PM

June 01, 2009, 12:47:37 AM
OK, I wonder what you guys think.  I called the police department in Madison and I asked them:  do I need a permit to set up a card table, play music, and hand out flyers at "Library Mall" (where I will be holding my Slay-In)?  They said as long as I wasn't selling anything I should be fine, and if the music is too loud they would give me a warning first.  So I figure, no problem.  Then I was exploring the City of Madison website and it said you need a "sonic amplification" permit if you are going to set up at Library Mall and you can only amplify from 11am-12pm and 4pm-5pm.  Now I've been to Library Mall plenty of times, and people are always playing music at all hours of the day there.  My question is:  do you think I should just go through the proper channels anyway and obtain the permit (but risk alerting the city/cops, ahead of time, that I will be blaring Slayer all day Saturday)?  Or should I just go down there, set up shop, and more or less "play dumb" (if I get any hassle).  Keep in mind that I DID call the PD ahead of time and I even recorded the time, date, and name of the officer who told me that it would be no problem, that I don't need to obtain a permit - so I have that in my back pocket if I "play dumb."  Should I get a permit, or not?
His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion

June 01, 2009, 02:21:33 AM
In this case I think it's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission. And this event is about civil disobedience, right? You confirmed with the cops that you'd get a warning first so I say let it rip!