Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

National Day of Slayer

Re: National Day of Slayer
June 01, 2009, 02:31:22 AM
Anyone here live in Miami? I'm thinking of having an event at the beach. I want to find a portable amp so we can have a guitar off as an event leading up to the arm wrestling tournament.

Trauco

June 03, 2009, 05:11:43 PM
Anyone here live in Miami? I'm thinking of having an event at the beach. I want to find a portable amp so we can have a guitar off as an event leading up to the arm wrestling tournament.

Sounds cool. Anyone planning any medium to large gathering for this day, let me know to put the info on Hessian. Since June 6th is just a few days away, I need any info as soon as possible.

Mainly the intention with all this promotion is to show people that IDoS isn't just a bunch of forum posters talking game but doing nothing massive and public. The idea is to show the masses that we can be as organized and aware as any other cultural group. 

June 03, 2009, 06:02:03 PM
The Madison Slay-In is getting geared up!  I went downtown to the site the other day and it will be PERFECT!  Anybody in Wisconsin, or Northern Illinois area COME TO MADISON.  10 AM - 4 PM (we'll stay longer if people are still hanging out).  I've made some more phone calls to various city of Madison offices and I have confirmed we don't need a permit.  So anybody who wants to come Madison - don't worry about getting any hassle, and if we do get hassle I will deal with it.  PM me if you have any questions.

June 05, 2009, 01:49:09 PM
Tomorrow, Saturday June 6, is the International Day of Slayer.

This is a day to do no work and listen to Slayer, because you're a metalhead and you think the world should recognize metal as a culture.

Being a culture has its advantages. People understand that your values and your music are important to you. They give you space.

Even more important is sending a message to the world that this music has a vital spirit that brings people together, even into a culture. We aren't following the path of others, but our own path.

Where we agree on similar attitudes and values is our culture. The metal culture. And Slayer upholds this ideal, fast and furious and full of horror, like no others.

So this Saturday, celebrate the International Day of Slayer:

* Listen to Slayer at full blast in your car.
* Listen to Slayer at full blast in your home.
* Listen to Slayer at full blast at your place of employment.
* Listen to Slayer at full blast in any public place you prefer.

And pass the word along to other metalheads.

http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/

Re: Happy National Day Of Slayer
June 06, 2009, 01:03:51 PM
Have a good one folks.

Trauco

Re: Happy National Day Of Slayer
June 06, 2009, 07:33:50 PM
Slayer bootleg download:

Slayer - June 20, 1985 in Oberhausen, Germany (FLAC, 329 MB)

FLAC is a lossless audio codec:
http://flac.sourceforge.net/

June 06, 2009, 10:39:03 PM
The day has been announced on metalunderground.com.
http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=44790

June 07, 2009, 11:51:33 PM
Just want to let everyone know the Madison Slay-In went off without a hitch!  I'm still pumped up about the whole thing even today!  Not a LOT of people showed up, but the proud few were there from 10AM to 4PM exactly like we said.  I probably handed out 25 flyers to different people who seemed genuinely interested.  And of course, we blasted Slayer (and a little Mortuary "Blackened Images") the whole time.  I'd say we played Hell Awatis 3 times, and South of Heaven and Reign in Blood 4 times and Blackened Images 2 times.  Once some pictures get uploaded, I'll maybe make another post giving a more detailed rundown/story.

June 08, 2009, 06:40:34 PM
Awesome.

Thanks to all who celebrated. I managed to log 252 Slayer songs played during the fourteen hours of celebration.

If you have pictures, flyers, reports of your activities, funny Slayer stories, or whatever relics of your celebration you were able to preserve, please post them here or send them to the IDoS task force.

June 09, 2009, 12:48:15 AM
Just want to let everyone know the Madison Slay-In went off without a hitch!  I'm still pumped up about the whole thing even today!  Not a LOT of people showed up, but the proud few were there from 10AM to 4PM exactly like we said.  I probably handed out 25 flyers to different people who seemed genuinely interested.  And of course, we blasted Slayer (and a little Mortuary "Blackened Images") the whole time.  I'd say we played Hell Awatis 3 times, and South of Heaven and Reign in Blood 4 times and Blackened Images 2 times.  Once some pictures get uploaded, I'll maybe make another post giving a more detailed rundown/story.

Sounds like you had a fucking blast. Very good to read; nice one.