Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

ATHEIST US Tour Dates

ATHEIST US Tour Dates
April 15, 2009, 08:26:22 PM
Florida technical metal band, ATHEIST will be touring North American this July with THE FACELESS, Psyopus, The Agonist, and Gnostic. GNOSTIC, is a band made up of 3/4 of ATHEIST’s members. Atheist and Gnostic drummer Steve Flynn comments on the tour:

"We're absolutely thrilled to be doing this tour with such an incredible lineup of brutal technical bands. This bill is going to just peel your face off. Not only are all the bands insanely technical and heavy, but the lineup also covers a broad spectrum of style - from the almost avant-garde sound of PSYOPUS to the straight up technical death metal sounds of GNOSTIC and ATHEIST. Then you throw in the more modern break-neck technicality, unrivaled musicianship and speed of THE FACELESS, and the brutality of THE AGONIST, and you've got yourself one hell of a night. This will also be somewhat experimental in the world of technical death metal, as 3 of us (me on drums, Chris Baker on Guitars, and Jonathan Thompson on bass (in GNOSTIC) and guitars (in ATHEIST)) are in two bands and playing TWO shows per night. I can't recall a similar situation in technical death metal. It will be a marathon-esque physical and mental exercise. This tour will also be GNOSTIC's debut to the world as we're supporting our first release via Season of Mist: 'Engineering the Rule' in July."

Season of Mist will release GNOSTIC "Engineering the Rule" on July 14th in the US with plans to release ATHEIST's yet-untitled 4th album at the end of the summer.

ATHEIST’s tour dates are as follows:

07/08 - Atlanta GA, Masquerade
07/09 - Raleigh NC, Volume 11
07/10 - Springfield VA, Jaxx
07/11 - Allentown PA, The Sterling Hotel
07/12 - New York NY, B.B. King Blues Club
07/13 - Cleveland OH, Peabody's
07/14 - Mokena IL, The Pearl Room
07/15 - Nashville TN, The Muse

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=43962

Re: ATHEIST US Tour Dates
April 16, 2009, 06:50:07 PM
That's a lot of shit to put up with just to see Atheist.

April 17, 2009, 12:45:25 AM
I agree, weeman. Good thing theyre on MDF this year.

I havent heard Gnostic, but if members of Atheist are involved it could be worth hearing.

Then again, C-187 is a side project of members of Cynic and Pestilence...
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

April 17, 2009, 03:38:52 AM
Gnostic sounds like a bunch of soundclips from various atheist albums thrown together poorly, and the choppy grooveness that is present on so many new albums is exaggerated by them.

April 17, 2009, 04:18:25 AM
Gnostic sounds like a bunch of soundclips from various atheist albums thrown together poorly, and the choppy grooveness that is present on so many new albums is exaggerated by them.

I checked out their mysodomy. Honestly I didnt think it was terrible, until the vocalist kicked in. I havent heard such annoying vocals in quite some time.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

April 17, 2009, 04:34:10 AM
Steve Flynn is pretty much the only redeeming factor for Gnostic. Even then, I don't recommend wasting your time and energy on them.

Their songs feel like jigsaw puzzles where all the pieces have been randomly glued together, and  the vocals are so grating that anything Flynn's doing on his drum kit becomes irrelevant after a few minutes of trying to block out the tough guy hardcore grunting.

April 18, 2009, 05:53:42 PM
I agree, weeman. Good thing theyre on MDF this year.

I'll be attending MDF this year, seeing as how I live in Maryland so something like this is the only big thing we have all year. I've high hopes though.
~proud member of the AsPie NuRd UndErGroUnd SoCieTy~ post this in your sig if you are too!