Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Deathspell Omega

Re: Deathspell Omega
July 18, 2008, 03:05:09 PM
I personally find DC++ repugnant, and the ultimate example of quantity over quality.

what you think on Soulseek?

July 22, 2008, 12:55:41 PM
I personally find DC++ repugnant, and the ultimate example of quantity over quality.

Poseur: someone who confuses the trivial with the vital in order to make himself seem important.

It's behavior like the above that gives this place a bad name. Are you here to jerk yourself off, or be a citizen?

"I do not except for myself" -- then why should anyone care about you? Go set up you own forum and impress yourself with putdowns.
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

July 22, 2008, 05:51:36 PM
What's so great about DC++ given the role megaupload, rapidshare, and similar entities have played lately?  To me it seems outdated and similar to the triviality of ebay in most cases.

July 22, 2008, 08:34:50 PM
As far as this band goes, I'd rather just read the bible in peace without this annoying shit in the background. Reminds me of that lovecraft story/self parody "The Hound" where the guy and his friend are in his basement having occult music jams on clarinets and kazoos...

July 23, 2008, 04:20:34 AM
Bergtatt is one of the best early POP black metal album, and the demo is pretty good too. It's a shame they turned to garbage.

DSO are very overrated, I mostly agree with Prozak's review, well played black metal with nothing to say.

The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful, is to lose one's balance, after which, no action can be trusted. Our burden is not for the dependent of spirit.

August 15, 2008, 05:58:44 PM

I wasn't around for Ulver's "prank on black metal", so I guess I just wasted a couple seconds of your life by making this comment. I have heard Ulver though, and what I got from Nattens Madrigal and some interview statements is that they were a bunch of pretentious elitists with nothing to really be elitist about, since their music was seemingly well-composed at first, but...well, let's put it this way: the first riff of that album screams this to me: "OK. Let's create something black metal. OK. Let's do a speed picked minor-chord arpeggio. That's pretty fucking black metal. Alright...ok...what next...oh yeah, let's do a unique progression, let's progress from that speed picked minor chord arpeggio directly to a speed picked power-chord that's a 5th away from the the minor chord previously speed picked, then let's do a short little black metal melody based on the root note of this particular scale...etc."
Nattens Madrigal really isn't so good, Ulver in their early days were fantastic though, Bergtatt is one of the best early black metal album, and the demo is pretty good too. It's a shame they turned to garbage.

DSO are very overrated, I mostly agree with Prozak's review, well played black metal with nothing to say.

I think that Nattens Madrigal is much better than Bergtatt. That album was just... Weak if you ask me.