Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Blasphemy's ideology and ANUS

Blasphemy's ideology and ANUS
April 23, 2009, 11:44:49 PM
Does Blasphemy's ideology conflict with that of ANUS? For example, in interviews Black Winds has stated that black metal should be about nothing more than blood, bullets, and fucking whores. Could this perhaps be a celebration of metal culture in general and have some sort of deeper meaning?

Re: Blasphemy's ideology and ANUS
April 24, 2009, 12:35:30 AM
Honestly, it's best to take anything metal musicians say with a grain of salt. Focus on the music. That's not to say that they don't have insightful things to share, they just articulate it through music rather than words. (and there are some metal musicians who express intelligent, lucid thoughts with words-- they just seem to be the exception, not the rule)

I have never listened to Blasphemy. Worthwhile?

April 24, 2009, 12:41:36 AM
Blasphemy is definitely worthwhile if a mixture of Carcass and lo-fi black metal sounds interesting to you.

Beherit have expressed similar thoughts in the old days. NHV said that his lyrics mean nothing, they are just a string of sharp words to accent the music. Beherit, of course have such advanced music that, like you said, expresses its message musically instead of poetically.

April 24, 2009, 03:37:18 AM

Yes, extremely! My favorite is Gods of War, though you cant go wrong with any of their material.

We must also realize that black metal, in its infant stages, did not have a set ideology, so to speak. That all came later. Blasphemy I think made their music more primal in response to black metal's newfound "intelligence".

April 24, 2009, 04:00:48 AM
http://blackdestroyer0.tripod.com/

Haha, I don't know, "Black Metal Powerlifting" sounds pretty cool to me.  There are far worse, and far less inherent to the metal worldview ideals a black metal band could hold.

April 24, 2009, 05:43:21 AM
Obviously, they're doing it for the theatrics(aka lulz). I can't read their interviews without laughing several times - it's no different than the old interviews with Immortal or Euronymous.

Blasphemy is what happens when you dilute the most primal elements in metal until nothing even remotely accessible is left; in that sense, it's fairly similar to Deathcrush. Their music illustrates power not by embracing romantic ideals(as later black metal does) but by illustrating the possibilities inherent to a world without order, logic, or nobility. The feeling I get when I listen to them is probably akin to the feeling most non-metalheads get when hearing metal; the aggression inherent to their music is overwhelming. Surprisingly, they pull this off without becoming pointless. So yes, they're definitely worthwhile. Like most worthwhile things, they've spawned a countless number of imitators (Archgoat, Revenge, Black Witchery, Bestial Warlust, bla bla bla) but none of these compare to the innovators themselves.

April 24, 2009, 07:09:14 AM
http://blackdestroyer0.tripod.com/

Haha, I don't know, "Black Metal Powerlifting" sounds pretty cool to me.  There are far worse, and far less inherent to the metal worldview ideals a black metal band could hold.

That interview was classic. I wouldn't mind getting a "Black Metal Powerlifting" cult together in my local gym, haha! I think the genre needs a bit of humour to keep it grounded.

To the OP: they're musicians, not philosophers, but if you really need a deeper meaning...

"Brave, unconcerned, mocking, violent - thus Wisdom wants us: she is a woman and always loves only a warrior."
-Nietzsche

April 24, 2009, 07:56:03 AM
I remember reading someone's blogspot about their black metal skinhead unholy powerlifting routine/diet.

Edit:

For powerlifters, it is important to rest and eat lightly on the Sabbath.

April 25, 2009, 02:31:53 PM
Quote from: Wagner Antichrist
Remember the brother black winds, he is in problem with drugs.
Never trust a junkie.

xk

May 01, 2009, 02:29:36 AM
Blasphemy will be playing live soon.

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7578

May 04, 2009, 05:07:29 PM
Black Winds has stated that black metal should be about nothing more than blood, bullets, and fucking whores.

All such statements, like all religious statements, are symbolic.

ANUS is here to interpret the meaning behind those and to give it new life. Every genre needs both musicians and qualified writers.

May 05, 2009, 03:22:47 PM
Every genre needs both musicians and qualified writers.

GREAT point.

May 27, 2009, 11:43:01 PM
Does Blasphemy's ideology conflict with that of ANUS? For example, in interviews Black Winds has stated that black metal should be about nothing more than blood, bullets, and fucking whores. Could this perhaps be a celebration of metal culture in general and have some sort of deeper meaning?

Dude, I wouldn't overestimate Black Winds words. He is posturing for his image and simply saying keep it simply and raw. There is no ideology with these bands. Come on.

May 27, 2009, 11:47:25 PM

Yes, extremely! My favorite is Gods of War, though you cant go wrong with any of their material.

We must also realize that black metal, in its infant stages, did not have a set ideology, so to speak. That all came later. Blasphemy I think made their music more primal in response to black metal's newfound "intelligence".
[/quote]

Er, wrong. The Blood Upon the Alter demo came out before all the what you call "newfound intelligence" of black metal came out. Gods of War blows ass dude. Best Blasphemy, and only good Blasphemy is Blood Upon the Alter and Fallen Angels of Doom. Why do you think they are going to tour a couple of shows now and only play shit from Blood and not Gods of War--cause they know if fucking sucks too. 

May 27, 2009, 11:49:53 PM
Obviously, they're doing it for the theatrics(aka lulz). I can't read their interviews without laughing several times - it's no different than the old interviews with Immortal or Euronymous.

Blasphemy is what happens when you dilute the most primal elements in metal until nothing even remotely accessible is left; in that sense, it's fairly similar to Deathcrush. Their music illustrates power not by embracing romantic ideals(as later black metal does) but by illustrating the possibilities inherent to a world without order, logic, or nobility. The feeling I get when I listen to them is probably akin to the feeling most non-metalheads get when hearing metal; the aggression inherent to their music is overwhelming. Surprisingly, they pull this off without becoming pointless. So yes, they're definitely worthwhile. Like most worthwhile things, they've spawned a countless number of imitators (Archgoat, Revenge, Black Witchery, Bestial Warlust, bla bla bla) but none of these compare to the innovators themselves.

WELL SAID!