Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Refreshing Metal Albums

Re: Refreshing Metal Albums
May 27, 2009, 11:17:34 PM
Dismember ' Like and Ever Following Stream' is great. Here are some other goodies from Sweden that I like a lot:

Repugnant  - 'Epitome of Darkness' (ANOTHER SWEDISH BEAUTY FROM THE OLD DAYS)
Entombed - 'Left Hand Path' one of the best death metal albums ever (I know this is a no-brainer but wanted to say it anyways) 'But life goes on' Demo is really awesome
Tiamat - 'In the Shrines of the Kingly Dead' (fucking brilliant)
Pan Thy Monium - First Demo (i think called Dawn)
Demigod - First Demo

May 28, 2009, 01:28:47 AM
Entombed - 'Left Hand Path' one of the best death metal albums ever (I know this is a no-brainer but wanted to say it anyways) 'But life goes on' Demo is really awesome
Demigod - First Demo

There's so much wrong with that list

May 28, 2009, 07:50:57 PM
Cadaver - In Pains...

May 28, 2009, 11:16:12 PM
Demigod - First Demo

There's so much wrong with that list

Please enlighten me what is wrong with this list. I am curious. These are classics when I heard them 18 years ago (or some of them that long ago) and still are today

May 29, 2009, 02:38:09 AM
Please enlighten me what is wrong with this list. I am curious. These are classics when I heard them 18 years ago (or some of them that long ago) and still are today

Two techincal things, anyway:

The REPUGNANT CD you cite was released in 2006.  The band wasn't even formed until the late 1990s.  "From the old days" seems a stretch.
DEMIGOD are Finnish, not Swedish.

May 29, 2009, 04:49:52 AM
right on the repugnant and geography. i was just trying to help that dude that liked dismember.... trying to give him recommendations.

there is nothing wrong with this list i gave musically. in fact, its better than most dog shit on this site. you're just showing your more of a fucking nerd than i am. congratulations.

i may not be one for details, but i have been listening to the underground for 20+ years--i you want some form of qualification as opposed to qualification.

May 29, 2009, 05:36:12 AM
queefinator, there's no need for your antagonism, chill the fuck out.
You may have a lot of experience in the underground, good for you, it doesn't justify acting like a dick.

Altars of Madness is incredible, daily listening has been demonstrated to cure AIDS.

Averse Sefira's early stuff is compelling. They're easy to dismiss because they take a while to articulate their ideas. Listen patiently for the rewards are immense.

Intestine Baalism make for a toe tapping good time. I like the way their vocalist doesn't headbang so much as pose with horns thrust to the sky at live shows. .

May 29, 2009, 09:55:30 PM
Altars of Madness is incredible, daily listening has been demonstrated to cure AIDS.

I cannot second this enough! I have an utter obsession with this album.

June 03, 2009, 01:00:32 AM
Atheist's Piece of Time and Unquestionable Presence.

Their first two albums are better than everything from the "technical" era of death, cynic, necrophagist, and all the other AIDS infected technical death metal bands.   

June 03, 2009, 05:33:43 AM
Hail to Satanic Slaughter. He is totally right. The ones that weren't there before earache can't really get the progression. They just know the "poor" version of death metal. How sad....

June 03, 2009, 02:18:17 PM
Need to Control and The Coming of Chaos. Totally different albums and moods, but each excellent releases.

June 03, 2009, 10:39:30 PM
Morpheus Descends - Chronicles of the Shadowed Ones

I somehow forgot how much this band rules.  No obsession with unnecessary frills, just solid songwriting.

June 04, 2009, 06:11:43 PM
Considered Dead.

July 14, 2009, 09:23:27 AM
Demon Tales by Mortem, from Peru. I'm not nearly as versed in death metal as I am in black metal, so the only comparison I can make is to Therion - old Therion, before they gayed everything up. A lot less "symphonic" than that, but the similarity in theatrical writing and majestic-scale atmospheres is undeniable. It's more than good enough to drive me to look into the rest of their discography.

Ungod's Circle of the Seven Infernal Pacts has been getting a lot of recent play, as well.

July 14, 2009, 09:30:02 AM
I just listened to the same Mortem album yesterday. It is great; I hear most similarity to Slayer (the technique), Vader (the pacing) and Morbid Angel (the melodies) - but with the particular South American intense insanity.