Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Refreshing Metal Albums

Re: Refreshing Metal Albums
September 03, 2009, 07:07:52 AM
I think many would accuse "Morbid Tales" or "The Ultimate Incantation" of the same thing; I wouldn't agree. But Mortem only got a couple of listens so far, let's see how perception develops over time. It's Suffocation that always stuck me as "purely rhythm music of the (insert incorrect racial expression) kind" - I'm right now trying again to get into them.

Racism is a sign of an under-experienced mind.

Clearly you missed the interstitial riffs using melodic intervals?

Simple answer in the form of a question: why would I have given a flying fuck about their interstitial riffs?

On a relisten, old Suffocation is pretty good, by the way.

September 03, 2009, 09:41:37 PM
Creepmime is really good.
"The traveler with empty pockets will sing in the thief 's face." - Juvenal

"We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses." - Carl Jung

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." - Sigmund Freud

September 04, 2009, 03:54:42 AM
Creepmime is really good.

Yeah, Shadows is really underrated by the metal community at large. I was expecting something sort of generically good when I downloaded it, but it really blew my mind within thirty seconds of listening to the first track. Dutch death metal is fucking awesome.

September 05, 2009, 02:18:09 AM
Monstrosity-Imperial Doom

Such an epic masterpiece,  I often wonder why it is overlook.

Adramelech-The Fall and Pure Blood Doom
Demigod-Slumber of Sullen Eyes

Great stuff.

September 05, 2009, 04:01:40 AM
Demigod-Slumber of Sullen Eyes

That is one band and album that i've forgotten about that I don't remember what it sounds like.

Ripping Corpse - Dreaming With The Dead
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://last.fm/user/ckyheather7

September 05, 2009, 06:25:54 AM
Blood - O Agios Pethane

I know it's odd to bring this one up, but I love listening to this lately.  It's like it creates a world where only this kind of music exists which probably resembles something discussed in Paradise Lost.

September 06, 2009, 03:10:41 PM
STONE - No Anaesthesia!
It's a great speedmetal album from a legendary finnish band from the late 80's, I have to recommend.

check some samples here: http://www.myspace.com/noanaesthesia

September 07, 2009, 09:25:01 AM
Graveland - Following the Voice of Blood

It has such a beautiful flow, sort of implied rather than explicit, and like other Graveland albums expresses the values of honor and unity (to my ears at least). It is now firmly established in what I think are the three best Graveland albums: In the Glare of Burning Churches, The Celtic Winter and Following the Voice of Blood.

September 11, 2009, 08:10:09 PM
Thousand Swords is still probably my favorite Graveland album, but Following the Voice of Blood is definitely coming close to usurping its position. One thing I really love about that album are the little synthesizer interludes: probably some of the best keyboard work Darken has done.

Avulsion's Indoctrination into the Cult of Death is a record that scratches the same itch that Blaspherian does: oldschool without being "retro". It's a very dark album that melds together the slow parts of early Carcass, spooky Finnish stuff like Demigod, and the doomier side of NYDM and Swedish death metal. The atmosphere it exudes is comparable to that of the first Demoncy album, which makes sense, seeing as the band features members of Demoncy.

September 12, 2009, 05:38:17 AM
Avulsion's Indoctrination into the Cult of Death is a record that scratches the same itch that Blaspherian does: oldschool without being "retro".

It also improves quite a bit on their first album.

September 12, 2009, 02:53:44 PM
The latest Funebrarum album, The Sleep Of Morbid Dreams, is pretty good. It reminds me of early Amorphis and Dismember.

September 16, 2009, 05:48:55 PM
GNAAKiSSy (a phellow phag) is very fond of DECREPITAPH from Texas, who sound a lot like CARNAGE hybridized with early MALEVOLENT CREATION.

http://www.myspace.com/decrepitaph

The name still bugs me. I guess it's better than their first try, INDIRECTUM

September 17, 2009, 12:14:08 AM
"Ulcerate - Everything is Fire
Imagine Immolation, Gorguts and late era Deathspell Omega tag teaming the universe and you pretty much got the idea of this album.
A simply breathtaking masterpiece featuring near perfect production"

Holy shit someone else knows this stuff.
I discovered them on the net about a month ago and got their album.
I  am a big fan of Obscura by Gorguts and when I heard this,I knew it was good.
A good thing is they come from my country! Finally A NewZealand band that isnt metalcore or rock music.

It is a good refreshing ablum for all those Deathmetal and Tech death fans.

Enjoy.

September 17, 2009, 12:19:58 AM
GNAAKiSSy (a phellow phag) is very fond of DECREPITAPH from Texas, who sound a lot like CARNAGE hybridized with early MALEVOLENT CREATION.

http://www.myspace.com/decrepitaph

The name still bugs me. I guess it's better than their first try, INDIRECTUM
Their logo is goatse...
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/41/l_0cbb499c26d54dcf9fdc04f4d191d43e.jpg

September 29, 2009, 08:14:03 PM
Bolt Thrower - For Victory.

This album is amazing and really doesn't get the attention it deserves. Near perfection in composition and idea.