Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Discard Passivity

Discard Passivity
May 12, 2009, 03:48:33 AM
How to be a passive loser:

1. Blame of Other.
2. Release of personal responsibility.
3. Crass, directionless self-aggrandizement.

Classic example: President Bush is evil! There's nothing a mere wage slave like me can do! I'm morally superior, however, so at least I'm in the good humans crowd (I may even gain entrance to that Heaven place, who knows?)!

It's exactly how my coworkers speak and act, every damn day.

What a sick, dis-empowering, uninspiring, bitter mentality. Ditch it, deter your peers from it, and mock all morons who still carry it after age 30.
"It is not the language of painters but the language of nature which one should listen to, the feeling for the things themselves, for reality, is more important than the feeling for pictures." - Van Gogh

Re: Discard Passivity
May 12, 2009, 05:08:37 AM
She uncovers some ugly facts about modernity, but her interpretations make me see that she fits your personality profile nicely. Angry, overly emotional, leftist revolutionary types should never make another society like the ones (America, France, Russia) they obliviously rail against today. Their tendency is to spot the details of faults in a given system but they never get the causation part right, thus they accidentally code their system redesigns for colossal fail. Redesign needs to begin not with negating bad effects but for the pursuit of improved results against endless temporal attrition.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

Re: Discard Passivity
May 12, 2009, 06:15:37 AM
She uncovers some ugly facts about modernity, but her interpretations make me see that she fits your personality profile nicely. Angry, overly emotional, leftist revolutionary types should never make another society like the ones (America, France, Russia) they obliviously rail against today. Their tendency is to spot the details of faults in a given system but they never get the causation part right, thus they accidentally code their system redesigns for colossal fail. Redesign needs to begin not with negating bad effects but for the pursuit of improved results against endless temporal attrition.

Yeah, I see how she'd fit into that, though I do appreciate the finer points of her work. The same goes with writer / activist Derrick Jensen: No matter how many sweeping arguments he makes, no matter how much "White guilt" he gives off, a lot of what he writes is priceless. Your point on causation is key, but what I think is also key is what we do with these types of people. I think we should at least make an effort to cooperate. This is where authenticity (what separates the real activists from the lifestyle activists) and genuine dialogue come in: Imagine if the creative, transcendental impulse that ANUS espouses were joined with the analytical, penetrating impulse of so many liberals. We'd be that much stronger. Build and conquer.
"It is not the language of painters but the language of nature which one should listen to, the feeling for the things themselves, for reality, is more important than the feeling for pictures." - Van Gogh