Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Metal is fat

Metal is fat
May 12, 2009, 04:09:43 AM
The highlight of the Exodus' set came when, after much insistence from the audience and feigned resistance from the band, they launched into the mosh-pit favorite,“The Toxic Waltz”. Rob Dukes demanded that the entire room form a giant pit and the audience obliged... for a moment.

It looked like there was going to be bedlam and broken bones as the first chords of the song rang out, but by the time the first chorus arrived the swirling mass had dissipated into a bunch of people leaning on their knees and trying to catch their breaths.

San Antonio has the dubious distinction of being the 3rd fattest city in America, so it was not a shock to see an unfit cross-section of fans fail to make three laps around the room before tapping out. Exodus kept right on going and wisely did not speak any further about it.

Kreator and Exodus fans fail to do Toxic Waltz

Re: Metal is fat
May 12, 2009, 05:33:22 AM
That's as funny as it is sad really. Of course even more sad is declaring "Toxic Waltz" the highlight of an Exodus set, but perhaps that's just me...

May 13, 2009, 05:35:39 PM
This is probably only one of many instances where we see the crowd wearing itself out, particularly in punk and metal. I'm sure that anyone who has attended a Suffocation concert recently can give a few examples analogous to the one presented here. 
Let us go beyond "you" and "me"! Feel cosmically!

Friedrich Nietzsche

May 16, 2009, 05:01:39 PM
Suffocation had a pretty violent and unrelenting pit the last time I saw them, but then again it wasn't in the third fattest city in America! :D

May 17, 2009, 04:57:41 PM
EVERYBODY DOIN THE TOXIC...huh...huh...WALTZ KICK YER FRIEND IN THE...huh....huh.....fuck guys I need to sit down.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

May 18, 2009, 01:05:25 AM
This is probably only one of many instances where we see the crowd wearing itself out, particularly in punk and metal. I'm sure that anyone who has attended a Suffocation concert recently can give a few examples analogous to the one presented here. 

I'm not sure why, but most of the gurgly BR00TAL death metal bands have a large following of morbidly obese, bald, khaki shorts wearing retards. It's depressing to watch them... it's more like a playpin for disgruntled failures than a violent pit. The bouncers are just there to make sure they have their fun and behave like 5 year olds without harming anyone else, but then again, they're usually pretty harmless to begin with.