Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

VARG VIKERNES set free from jail

VARG VIKERNES set free from jail
May 22, 2009, 10:19:42 PM
Varg Vikernes (a.k.a. Count Grishnackh), the former BURZUM mastermind who was convicted of murdering MAYHEM guitarist Oystein Aarseth (a.k.a. Euronymous) in August 1993 and setting fire to three churches, is a free man.

"I can confirm that I have been released from prison," Vikernes told Norway's Dagbladet.

Vikernes's new home in Bř, a municipality in the county of Telemark, Norway, was purchased the farm sometime last year and he is planning to spend most of his time on the property with his French wife and son, both of whom had already been living at the home for quite some time.

"As I respect others, I want others to respect me," Varg told Varden.no last summer. "We are really quite ordinary people, and we do not want any more attention than anyone else."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=120605

Re: VARG VIKERNES set free from jail
May 25, 2009, 12:00:21 AM
"As I respect others, I want others to respect me,"

Aww, how Christian of him. Jesus Christ what a faggot, not only does he literally get away with murder but mommy sells her apartment to buy him a house in the woods. And why's a proud Nord like him miscegenating with that Gallo-Roman hussy?

I dunno, I think all those years in prison definitely qualify for punishment for his crime. It's not as many years as what you'd get in other countries, but it's still punishment.

lol @ him with a French chick. That did smack of contradiction on his part. Anyway, I don't give a shit. The dude did the crime, and he paid the time...according to the laws of Norway anyway.

It's over, let the guy be. I don't give a shit either way.

May 25, 2009, 12:08:23 AM
There's every chance the French lady could be of Norman descent. Those Vikings did get around, after all. In fairness, even I would try it on with a French bird after years locked up like that.

May 25, 2009, 02:25:14 AM
There's every chance the French lady could be of Norman descent. Those Vikings did get around, after all. In fairness, even I would try it on with a French bird after years locked up like that.

Even if that's the case, Vikernes has contradicted himself so many times in the past, that one shouldn't be too surprised anyway. The guy made great music, but his politics fucking suck.

May 25, 2009, 03:50:48 AM
Maybe he thinks by dicking a french chick he can get in with the French black metal scene?

May 25, 2009, 12:00:56 PM
She's of Norman descent.  His children are certainly "Aryan".

May 25, 2009, 12:05:41 PM
[...] miscegenating [...]

I didn't know native French people were not white. Thanks for clearing that one up.

May 25, 2009, 12:13:23 PM
Every reply so far = fail. Is the life of anyone here at all impacted by how pure-blooded his kids are, whether or not the punishment was fair, or the fact lol berzum likes to lube his asshole with peanut butter before having a corner prostitute named Tom ram a tuber or two into it?

May 25, 2009, 01:14:18 PM
Every reply so far = fail. Is the life of anyone here at all impacted by how pure-blooded his kids are, whether or not the punishment was fair, or the fact lol berzum likes to lube his asshole with peanut butter before having a corner prostitute named Tom ram a tuber or two into it?

I've seen almost nothing but vitriol directed against him since the release was announced, though mostly on other forums. It makes me think that all these free-thinking, independent metalheads are in fact offended by his views and secretly support the silencing or imprisonment of those with radical opinions.

May 25, 2009, 03:48:15 PM
I've seen almost nothing but vitriol directed against him since the release was announced, though mostly on other forums. It makes me think that all these free-thinking, independent metalheads are in fact offended by his views and secretly support the silencing or imprisonment of those with radical opinions.

I think it could be that and also an aversion to a perceived hypocrisy.

May 25, 2009, 07:56:22 PM
People don't give a shit about hypocrisy if they already like the hypocrite. The vitriol is a result of the genre being co-opted by soft-minded 20-year-old-plus children who live to be comforted and nothing else. Even if the act was one of murderous intent, and not self-defense, why would someone who's in line with the black metal ideology be offended by that?

May 25, 2009, 09:31:17 PM
People don't give a shit about hypocrisy if they already like the hypocrite.

Low quality people, sure.

May 25, 2009, 10:44:34 PM
Sounds like the Burzum and Mayhem fans finally found a place to have a smart conversation about a really stupid topic.

/grabs popcorn.

May 29, 2009, 04:44:05 PM
His statement seemed really calm. Is he going to settle down for good? Or is he going to continue making music? I'm sure he will at some point.

May 29, 2009, 08:45:54 PM
He's probably just talking like a pussy right now, because he's being watched.