Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Blaspherian

Blaspherian
June 02, 2009, 02:51:27 AM

Blaspherian Allegiance to the Will of Damnation is old school metal that does not repeat the past because it has a voice of its own. Using simple riffs in the Morpheus Descends and Asphyx style of creating a simple one-note riff and then varying it with additions of rhythm and phrase, Blaspherian use tribute to the past as a means of making metal that is as current as bands formed yesterday in "new" styles. Their cavernous, doomy, churning death metal batters its way into your mind and then draws you into its dark world.

Blaspherian Reviews:

* Metal-Archives
* Dark Legions Archive
* Sputnik Music
* Examiner

Visit the band's myspace:

* http://www.myspace.com/blaspherian

Try before you buy with these full mp3s:

* Blaspherian - Allegiance to the Will of Damnation MP3s

Honest Hessians buy great albums. You can get this one here:

* Sound Exchange
* Hells Headbangers
* Reaper Metal

Re: Blaspherian
June 02, 2009, 03:01:23 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up, I'll investigate this band further.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

June 08, 2009, 06:02:58 PM
This is really good stuff.  It's exactly the kind of Death Metal I like (the comparisons to Asphyx and Morpheus Descends are apt).  I would probably have never heard about this if it wasn't for the DLA.  Thank you!
His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion

June 08, 2009, 06:42:19 PM
As cliche as it seems, I'd like to thank you our readers instead. A writer can write in a void and effect nothing; with an audience, change comes, the kind of renewing (not deconstructive) change that is part of a healthy life for any organism.

Our mission has always been to find the best in metal and report back, believing that to strengthen the genre, the fans and art in general. I think this band is worthy of being part of that process. That you and deadite are able to appreciate it means we're reaching the right people.

June 08, 2009, 06:50:32 PM
Wow, this is really good! Finally some good new "modern" death band worth hearing.

June 08, 2009, 07:46:10 PM
Oh by the way:  last week Hells Headbangers had this in stock, and now it looks like it's sold out.  Coincidence?  Probably not.
His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion

June 14, 2009, 12:32:36 PM
As cliche as it seems, I'd like to thank you our readers instead. A writer can write in a void and effect nothing; with an audience, change comes, the kind of renewing (not deconstructive) change that is part of a healthy life for any organism.

Our mission has always been to find the best in metal and report back, believing that to strengthen the genre, the fans and art in general. I think this band is worthy of being part of that process. That you and deadite are able to appreciate it means we're reaching the right people.

Well, I've discovered a lot of great music through the DLA. Its good to see that people are actively searching for the best in metal, instead of giving up and saying anything made after 1997 sucks.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

June 21, 2009, 04:46:27 PM
Given this a few listens so far. I wouldn't count it amongst my favorites, but it's pretty damned solid. Worthwhile for anyone interested in death metal.

In addition to the MD and Asphyx influence, I also hear bits of diSEMBOWELMENT in their sound as well. I give em a B+.
No.