Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Hessian Experience

Hessian Experience
August 11, 2009, 06:38:44 AM
I have a few questions aimed at Hessians/Metalheads whom live in North America. I am an immigrant to this country (escaping military service because according to the values of my country, I would have been hung a long time ago) and am prepared to live in the USA in New Jersey. I have a done a little bit of research on NJ and it's quite a nice state and I have actually chosen a house to rent in Clifton until I manage to buy a place.

One thing that has been on my mind is, what car should I purchase? I want something modest, sturdy because I plan to take it on trips and won't baffle me with it's lack of quality. I was told American cars are not the ones I should have in mind, yet more or less - Japanese, what's your take on this?

Re: Hessian Experience
August 11, 2009, 02:31:36 PM
Audi A5 my nilla.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

August 12, 2009, 02:17:35 PM
I've had great luck with Toyota and Honda.  I've beat the hell out of my '97 Rav4 (including careening off icy roads and running at -40F here in Alaska) and haven't had a single breakdown at 240,000 miles.  Of course everyone else knows they're good cars too, so expect to pay quite a bit, even for a used model.

Jersey?  Seriously?  I can only advise that you go west.....being careful to avoid Phoenix and LA. 

August 15, 2009, 03:37:38 PM
Move to a place with a climate most like your native land.

Some American cars don't suck, but most are fairly crude.

Get a rifle and use it to exterminate the stupid :)