Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Sacramentum question.

Sacramentum question.
August 23, 2009, 11:40:58 PM
I never knew Sacramentum  existed until 5 or so months ago, and I was real disappointed to see that they just disappeared. Does anyone know what happened to them? I tried to see if any of the band members started something new but so far have nothing.

Re: Sacramentum question.
August 24, 2009, 12:35:32 AM
The way their last couple of albums were going, I'd say they probably either lost interest in metal or just got tired of the lack of support.

I'd speculate that Century Media probably signed them to a three-album deal, and then when that was fulfilled, the band probably just called it a day. Just speculation on my part, but that seems likely.

August 24, 2009, 12:40:09 AM
This question has been discussed quite a bit, try searching the forum

August 24, 2009, 01:15:49 AM
The way their last couple of albums were going, I'd say they probably either lost interest in metal or just got tired of the lack of support.

I'd speculate that Century Media probably signed them to a three-album deal, and then when that was fulfilled, the band probably just called it a day. Just speculation on my part, but that seems likely.

You mean two album deal.

I would assume they are still into metal given their guitarist's present appearance: http://www.facebook.com/people/Anders-Brolycke/743212816

August 24, 2009, 05:34:20 PM
I think one of the guys is in a band called Runemagick?  never heard them, though.

September 02, 2009, 10:55:23 PM
I never knew Sacramentum  existed until 5 or so months ago, and I was real disappointed to see that they just disappeared. Does anyone know what happened to them? I tried to see if any of the band members started something new but so far have nothing.

Metal often fails its best, because they fail to conform to the jeans-wearing, hard-living, blue-collar image that metal seems to cultivate. So they move on and are finally rewarded for their talents.

September 03, 2009, 12:56:51 AM
I think one of the guys is in a band called Runemagick?  never heard them, though.

Niklas Rudolfsson is in many bands.  Like most drummers, he is of secondary importance to their songwriting identity, with some exceptions (he does play guitar/bass in the aforementioned RUNEMAGICK and elsewhere).  Nothing else he has participated in has come close to touching SACRAMENTUM.