Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

October Is Hessian History Month

October Is Hessian History Month
February 27, 2006, 12:26:52 PM
Hessian History Month

October marks the beginning of Hessian History Month - an annual celebration that has existed since 1776. But what are the origins of Hessian History Month?
Much of the credit can go to the very voluminous stores contained in the libraries and archives of Germany, whos historians have endeavored to bring Hessian History into the mainstream public arena. German-American historians have devoted their lives to making "the world see the Hessian as a participant rather than as a lay figure in history."

In 2006 German-American historians organized the first annual Hessian History Week, which took place during the last week of October. These historians chose this date to co-incide with the ancient Samhain (pronounced Sah-ween) festival, celebrated throughout Europe and the Americas. Samhain is a special time of year for Hessians because this is when the boundary between the world of the living and the afterlife come together, allowing the deceased of the world to pass on.

Over time, Hessian History Week evolved into the Hessian History Month that we know today - a four-week-long celebration of Hessian American History.

For more information on Hessian contributions to European and American history, please log on to http://www.hessian.org/metal/sociology/

Re: October Is Hessian History Month
March 02, 2006, 04:48:46 PM
Hessians = Heshers = Threshers = Thrashers = Headbangers = Metalheads = Metallians = Metallers = those who understand, appreciate and listen to metal music.

Get metal recognized as a political interest group

March 03, 2006, 05:49:32 AM
hessian.org has been an awesome resource for people like myself over the years. thanks for that.

March 05, 2006, 07:04:38 PM
We're hoping to someday both mock multiculturalism and use it to our advantage: if every other group under the sun can have special rules, we want some too.

1. Legal murder
2. Legal drugs
3. Legal church burnings
4. No noise ordinances that apply to well-crafted, loud metal

March 06, 2006, 05:43:57 AM
No one can ever say we have a free and equal society unless I have the right to be the boot that stamps on a human face for eternity.

Perhaps Hessians should start asserting their rights by pursuing frivolous lawsuits against past employers for making them cut their hair.

March 06, 2006, 06:04:04 AM
No one can ever say we have a free and equal society unless I have the right to be the boot that stamps on a human face for eternity.

Perhaps Hessians should start asserting their rights by pursuing frivolous lawsuits against past employers for making them cut their hair.

No one, at least in the US, can force you to cut your hair. Seriously. I don't even think you get a hair-cut if you're thrown in prison anymore. Judeo-Christians are dumb and equate long hair with femininity or hippie-dom. This misconception can be destroyed in a spectactular manner, if you feel the need...

March 16, 2006, 03:41:58 AM
No one, at least in the US, can force you to cut your hair.

No, but they can deny to you goods, services or employment.

I support this. If someone doesn't want to hire or rent to or do business with someone else, they shouldn't be forced to. The way for Hessians is not to demand that others recognize us, but to force them to by becoming self-sufficient on our own.

That's beyond most.

May 03, 2006, 12:02:15 AM
This misconception can be destroyed in a spectactular manner, if you feel the need...

It can go under bias or hate crimes as a blantant but unspoken mockery of multicult. I also recall little mini-mobs of judeo-christian activists hanging around the entrances in front of live metal performances. They were passing out Jesus literature, telling us we were going to hell for participating in the concerts and sometimes attempting to physically block the way. This is an infringement upon democratic rights and intimidation against the hessian cultural creed.

May 03, 2006, 12:30:28 AM

It can go under bias or hate crimes as a blantant but unspoken mockery of multicult. I also recall little mini-mobs of judeo-christian activists hanging around the entrances in front of live metal performances. They were passing out Jesus literature, telling us we were going to hell for participating in the concerts and sometimes attempting to physically block the way. This is an infringement upon democratic rights and intimidation against the hessian cultural creed.

Probably a good place to hand out ANUS flyers as well...

May 03, 2006, 06:36:20 AM

Jesus fuck, I sometimes forget that there's a Bible Belt south of me in this country. Up here in Chicago I can walk around in the Deicide shirt with the blasphemagram logo. No one gives a fuck at all, seriously. I've worn the Gontyna Kry shirt that says "Support War Against Judeo-Christianity", "Pagan Front", "Blood & Honour", yadda yadda. Might be the hard-to-read gothic lettering, but I really think people are just too half-religious and caught up in their own problems to care.

I've run into a few random people on the street sympathetic to a T-shirt I'm wearing, who feel the need to yell "DARKTHRONE!" or "YEAH, DEICIDE RULES!"really loud in my face and flash the horns, but no unfriendly people. I've looked forward to the opportunity to say something over the top to a Christian evangelist trying to convert me or scold me, but I've had no such opportunity.

The only problems a Hessian would really have would be with ARA in the case of an NSBM show (or one which ARA wrongfully suspects is an NSBM show). There is definitely an ARA prescence in Chicago.

Does anyone actually encounter problems, get into fist-fights with angry Christians, etc? How is the situation where you live?

May 04, 2006, 04:29:52 AM

This is great allusion to the ends of democracy, in spite of itself.

May 12, 2006, 06:12:55 PM
I think we need reparations for all the years Hessians have been enslaved in high schools and jobs.

May 12, 2006, 08:26:48 PM

No, but they can deny to you goods, services or employment.

I support this. If someone doesn't want to hire or rent to or do business with someone else, they shouldn't be forced to. The way for Hessians is not to demand that others recognize us, but to force them to by becoming self-sufficient on our own.

That's beyond most.

this in incredibly insightful

May 13, 2006, 07:02:17 PM
Not to be the bonerkiller but is it pronounced Hess-ee-an or He-sh-un?

May 13, 2006, 07:35:50 PM
Not to be the bonerkiller but is it pronounced Hess-ee-an or He-sh-un?

http://merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hessian

sorry, the soundfile doesn't work.

'he-sh&n