Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

October Is Hessian History Month

Re: October Is Hessian History Month
July 07, 2006, 06:25:02 PM
As for rituals, we'd probably prance around in corpse paint, slaughter plastic goats and shout metal-esque Biowitz phrases like "Raise the fucking goat skull"

I would love to see metalheads "prance."
Hehehe.
About those plastic goats - I went to this summer program once where we slaughtered/torched/sodomized stuffed lambs... but I was sick that day :(

Maybe you could hold an impromptu obnoxious "pride parade" consisting of several cars somehow drenched in blood driving around blasting different metal bands at the same time?

July 07, 2006, 09:33:53 PM
Also, I think Onward to Golgotha day was Good Friday but I can't remember :D

http://bbs.anus.com/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002437

;D

July 08, 2006, 03:58:44 AM
it cant be to hard to find a date all hessians would reconise... like the day varg killed Euonymus, or the one of the days that one of the churches burnt by varg was. or maybe the birth date of heavy metal (if there is no offical one we could fo by the 1st heavy metal album released)

July 08, 2006, 12:15:20 PM
We have the option of more than one symbolic day or not bothering with symbology at all.

We can Bless the World with nihilistic metal diversity on both 4-20, 6-6 as Hessian days.

Maybe add Golgotha Day for the hell of it.

What say?

July 09, 2006, 06:51:01 AM
Why not also celebrate the anniversaries of seminal albums and take their initial release date as a holiday?
Didn't the 20th anniversary of Reign in Blood's release pass this year? Celebrations would be in keeping with the lyrical themes of the album, which for R.I.B. would include gallons of blood and serial killers. Event planners could hold discussions of the album's contribution to metal and other genres.

July 09, 2006, 02:06:05 PM
How about a week-long celebration like Ramadan?

July 09, 2006, 02:10:41 PM
We have the option of more than one symbolic day or not bothering with symbology at all.

We can Bless the World with nihilistic metal diversity on both 4-20, 6-6 as Hessian days.

Maybe add Golgotha Day for the hell of it.

What say?

Yep. Sometimes Golgotha Day is in the same week as 4-20, I still like the idea of a week long celebration in April.

I have actually been a step ahead and tried to code a basic calendar. Which might work. Watch this space.

July 09, 2006, 03:58:03 PM
How about a week-long celebration like Ramadan?

Ramadan is a month-long period of fasting (although the daily fasts last from dawn to dusk), which is broken by a huge feast at the end of the period.

We could certainly afford to celebrate metal for a month; four weeks dedicated to retracing the development of music and its various genres (with a little bit of classical music thrown in for good measure!), from proto-metal to NYDM and everything in between. A metal festival every weekend, bonfires, mischief, and good food (preferably something to complement the Hessian worldview--German cuisine anyone?) during the entire period.

I'm sympathetic to having such an event beginning at Samhain (or late October in general) through to the end of November. Throughout the States, the weather is beginning to cool, not yet bitterly cold--perfect for the aforementioned festivities. As winter approaches, we may wish to emphasize the nighttime mysticism of black metal!

July 09, 2006, 06:06:55 PM
February the 13th, the release date of Black Sabbath's first lp, would at least lend it some musically historical relevance.

July 11, 2006, 06:21:18 AM
that would be a perfect day to celebrate. but one question how (if we deice on a date) do we make it a natioal holiday

July 13, 2006, 06:01:41 PM
It would need enough support, to be noticed by the general public, and a spokesperson to assert that it should be a holiday to the correct authorities. If not enough people support it or celebrate it though, the whole thing is hopeless.

July 13, 2006, 06:27:54 PM
well its not like where aiming to get days of school/work on this holiday or things this large but it could be possibel to make it a real holiday, thats what the internet is for, blasting out infomation, after all enough people celebrate national slayer day so we could get enough people to celebrate national Hessian month/week/day

July 14, 2006, 05:38:38 PM
If not enough people support it or celebrate it though, the whole thing is hopeless.

I like you, Charles. You remind me of Schopenhauer.

You make a good point nonetheless. Does anyone know who the correct authorities are?

July 15, 2006, 12:17:08 PM
Agitate and grossly bloat the reporting like in the real world.

Virtually overnight, a global phenomena has taken the world by storm. Last year during June 2006, the rapid comeback of underground heavy metal asserted its authority in declaring that the sixth of the sixth month be known as National Day of Slayer. This stunning public announcement captivated millions of metal fans who took to the streets abroad, waving the Hessian flag and later their own national flag, demanding their own respective National Day of Slayer. Without hesitation, the resourceful leadership behind this growing movement evolved National Day into International Day to fulfill the needs of the expanding Hessian culture revival. In most major cities, the Hessian revival march was confronted by religious fundamentalist resistance. Few casualties were reported by the press, although some churches were defaced in the aftermath. Widespread reports of church arson, loud late night disturbances, public drunken disorderliness and grave desecration are still under investigation and have not yet been connected with any member of the Hessian march from that time. With another June 6th drawing close, public safety councilors and clergymen are playing down the coming event for 2007. Some community leaders have recommended preparation and readiness for everyone by stocking up on canned goods, flashlights, fresh water, fire extinguishers and an extra pair of earplugs for each member of the household.

July 15, 2006, 12:35:54 PM
We also have the Orwellian memory hole effect as a possible tool, in replacing actual events that have passed from the public mind during the time that has passed with fabricated events.

Back in June 2006, Paris, France witnessed what reporters have described as the most violent Hessian revival march in recent history. According to police, nearly 100,000 Hessians took to the streets, but event organizers put the number of participants closer to 500,000. According to MSNBC, "Some demonstrators became violent as the march ended. Youths set a car on fire, smashing a shop window, trashing a bus stop and throwing stones, golf balls and other objects at police. Police responded with tear gas during skirmishes that lasted several hours." Over the past year, French Hessian students have been actively negotiatiating with university representatives to meet with state officials for their own June 6th holiday. The closing of the coming 2007 event may bring the desired results to the Hessian students for in and around Paris.