Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Being not useless

Being not useless
September 01, 2009, 03:01:15 AM
Kontinual, our editor, is someone with a built-in compass that separates stupidity from the useful. You can learn from this person. He pointed out to me, recently, that many of the replies on this forum come from people who seem to have too much time on their hands, and too much aggression.

Look... ah... I've been around this trip for awhile. I know what it's like to grow up in a world where every adult seems and/or is full of shit, avoids reality, gives false answers, etc. I am not in denial of the fact that this civilization is dying, that most people are natively not all that bright and with the addition of mass media and socialization, are bone stupid. I'm in full recognition of the land use crisis, pollution crisis, resources crisis and social instability crisis. I'm aware that we're seeing at least two great civilizations -- Asia and Europe -- exterminate themselves through pity. All of this is clear to me. I am not in denial.

But, we still have to live. Further, we want to live well, and that includes living so that we further the chances of victory.

The game isn't over yet. If you're angry and you have extra energy, you have two choices: you can wank yourself with rage and act our your emotions on others, or you can achieve something.

We have opportunities for people who want to help us influence the media stream that's the internet. If all of you angry badasses got together and actually worked on something other than your own selfish interests, which clearly don't fulfill you because you're still angry, you could influence the fastest-growing segment of news in the world.

Did you think about actually, you know, being effective instead of drowning in your own emotions?

Re: Being not useless
September 01, 2009, 04:23:35 AM
True about the site's standards; I thought that my article on MDF wouldn't be accepted, but the kind folks here did, because they appreciated the effort.

Pointless forum arguments here are no better than on some other loser metal board.

September 01, 2009, 05:50:27 AM
I think a lot of the arguments here drag on because of a personal issue, with the culprits not recognizing that the people they are attacking aren't presenting the ideas for themselves -- they're presenting the ideas for the ideas' sake. Not so they can feel important, and far from that!

An ego-defensive person always assumes everyone else is trying to defend their egos through their words and actions, too. They forgot (or they never knew) that the information alone is what is important, not the messenger who presents it.

For one, I'd imagine that that's part of the reason of why this forum lacks avatars.

September 01, 2009, 05:58:44 AM
Very well.  I suppose I have been giving too many "What the Hell are you talking about" responses to things lately.  Some of them are things that I am genuinely passionate about, and other things are just mild irritations that probably could do without such aggression.

I will say it is nice to have a place where the real meaning of this music is understood, and while it may be annoying when I feel that people don't get the idea, or get my idea, it is not worth the anger that I resort to.

My apologies.

September 01, 2009, 05:06:05 PM
Look, we're all Aspies here (haha), can't we just act like Data on Star Trek and assess whether something's logical or not without taking it personally?

Most people on the internet are here to jerk off and feel important because in their day job, they're changing tires! answering phones! filing papers! editing dumbass websites! or whatever. So they come to the net to compensate, so they can feel like a cross between Sylvester Stallone and Richard Feynman for about ten minutes (note to self: masturbation is faster! haha).

This should be an accepting community that ignores the pointless and illogical, but helps people who want to help themselves to improve. Why not? We've got nothing to lose. Clearly none of you are, you know, broken or otherwise incapable in some way.

Right?

September 01, 2009, 06:42:59 PM
This is more of a matter of quality over quantity. The people who understand and honestly advocate the positive ideas of this site do so in their free time as well, but others who merely join the forums to create that identity for themselves usually just drag everyone else down. Like that NegruVoda thing, it found a bad review of Falkenbach on here and ever since it's hated everything about ANUS, because it makes perfect sense to hate the positive morals and ideas that this community represents all because its favorite band got a bad review.

I've been dealing with a lot of this in real life too, no matter how positive you try to be in suggesting alternatives to peoples' lifestyle, they always see it as if you're trying to control them and you get a lot of resentment and hostility in return. These of course are the generic idiots that live life for the sake of it and view everything as an opinion, and if you try to talk to them they take it as if you're jeopardizing their easy, boring and pretty meaningless life. That's the difference between the truly supportive ANUS members and the run-of-the-mill, average Joe that wants to watch TV all night once he gets home from his 9-5 cubicle job of putting cover sheets on TPS reports BEFORE they go out.

September 02, 2009, 10:01:57 PM
Well, it would seem  I as well share this settlement that all of you touch upon. I see in this country just a need to make more money, gain the materialistic, and throw culture to the wayside. I work very hard to preserve my way of living, and education those who do not know. I work all realms of Italian culture as I have experience with food, coffee, history, family research, and yet..

You have so many simpletons, dolts, idiots, assholes, and etc who just cannot grasp anything at all. I know there have been many cultures/ethnic backgrounds who form this country, and yet along the way there as build a resentment to them. I cannot even begin to understand...

But again let us work for the better and never give in, because you can do the best you can....

September 02, 2009, 11:03:34 PM
People are going to hate ANUS because they will confuse honest elitism, or not having time for anything but quality music, with the faux elitism of scenesters, carny hyp men and politicians.

As long as you don't fall into their stereotype, you will do fine.

However, ahem: this site is a mountain of rotting HTML with disorganized sections that badly needs its content manifest to be completed even halfway. You start reviews on bands... then trail off, leaving us wondering what their other works are like.

The video section doesn't resemble the books, and neither resembles the reviews, nor do the articles have any appearance that resembles the reviews. Are you just trying to make a chaotic labyrinth? I think more likely this site has become disspirited and sidetracked by the death of its favorite genres.

September 06, 2009, 03:59:41 PM
We can use this site's features as a method to gather people.

We can then find ways to use active cells to accomplish goals.  One program that is dear to my heart, even though I have not been able to participate in because of studies is WWOOF.

http://www.wwoof.org/
http://www.volunteermatch.org/
http://www.peacecorps.gov/
http://www.greenvolunteers.com/

One can cut through the garbage by pursuing projects that are constructive (environment, teaching, awareness, sustainable tech) instead of negative in nature.

September 17, 2009, 04:05:48 PM
This is more of a matter of quality over quantity. The people who understand and honestly advocate the positive ideas of this site do so in their free time as well, but others who merely join the forums to create that identity for themselves usually just drag everyone else down.

Maybe we can channel them into study through discussion. I think our problems begin when we stagnate since, having figured out the basics, we either have little "of import" to discuss or end up shooting the shit about video games, underground nostalgia and making sculptures out of poop.

September 17, 2009, 04:13:12 PM
Fuck you all, I'm going to play Starcraft and drown my sorrows in camomile tea.

September 17, 2009, 07:20:59 PM
Fuck you all, I'm going to play Starcraft and drown my sorrows in camomile tea.

Masturbate too.

Rot

November 02, 2009, 09:31:11 PM
I am learning a lot from ANUS and related sites, having your brain awaken from a life long half dormant state can be difficult, its much easier to turn away and go back into what I call "the lie".

November 02, 2009, 11:27:53 PM
You're not the first to come along and state that.