Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Universal tolerance

Re: Universal tolerance
September 21, 2009, 03:23:26 PM
My 2 cents:  the truly inimical are the criminal, the perverse, the decadent, passive-aggressive, bitter, resentful, depressed, impatient, lazy, and boring.  If you could identify these people, you could forego the IQ standard altogether.  As I see it, character/spirit/disposition-toward-reality-and-nature (whatever you want to call it) is more important than simple IQ.  It just seems rather base to me.  Think of all the beautiful women and great mothers (whose only intelligence is child rearing) we would lose to an IQ standard.

I think we need both.

First, we need to remove the horde of idiots who are easily manipulated and so give the corrupt their power; otherwise, the corrupt will simply marshall them against you.

Next, we need to filter the remaining "smartish" people and cull from them those of bad character/insanity.

Finally, we need to breed the remainder toward a higher standard.

I disagree on women: there are many I have met who are over 120.

September 21, 2009, 03:48:54 PM
I disagree on women: there are many I have met who are over 120.

No question.  Same here.  But there are plenty who aren't who would probably still be pretty darn good at rearing children.

I would say this:  if you pass the character test, but fail the IQ test, you should be spared assuming you exhibit some REALLY exceptional quality like beauty or loyalty.

I think more people would not pass the character test than not pass the IQ test.  I just think it's harder to ascertain what is truly in the heart and soul as opposed to an IQ.

That being said, either way works for me.  I don't care about trash.

September 21, 2009, 10:25:48 PM
I just think it's harder to ascertain what is truly in the heart and soul as opposed to an IQ.

That being said, either way works for me.  I don't care about trash.

Given an individual's various physical and mental potentials, what have they done with their lives thus far? A personal history survey might reveal some things about character. Covert observation under scripted scenarios the subject responds to is another. Personality typology should be given consideration along with potential.

September 22, 2009, 03:05:30 AM
you cant engineer a master race...that is what the OP wants to do IMO. if the aim is survival, then maybe the personality traits that we discard will be needed in the future. remember that people used to value spirituality (now we call them delusional disorders) and they used to condemn individual thought and even intelligence. society may change, so what we need as a race to survive might also change. i can't think of perfect examples, im too lazy, but im sure you know what i mean.

NHA

September 22, 2009, 03:40:42 AM
you cant engineer a master race...

Based on what evidence?

Besides, even without genetics, all you need to do to win the title is claim to be the master race and beat anyone who disagrees into submission. Seems like that's what the NSDAP's plan was like in any case haha.

September 22, 2009, 04:46:12 AM
you cant engineer a master race...that is what the OP wants to do IMO. if the aim is survival, then maybe the personality traits that we discard will be needed in the future. remember that people used to value spirituality (now we call them delusional disorders) and they used to condemn individual thought and even intelligence. society may change, so what we need as a race to survive might also change. i can't think of perfect examples, im too lazy, but im sure you know what i mean.

Who ever said anything about a master race? Are you Hitler?

I think the OP was talking about removing the bad and keeping the good - it's part of evolution, but since humanity isn't subject to evolution, we have to be the grownups in nature and decide for ourselves what we want to do with our chimpiness, and what direction we want to go in.

Personally, anywhere but down would be a great start. EUGENICS PLZ!

September 23, 2009, 12:04:49 AM
you cant engineer a master race...that is what the OP wants to do IMO.

I think you've confused race and species.

"Kill all weak humans" makes humanity evolve, not a specific race or ethnicity.

September 24, 2009, 06:47:08 AM
Every race has its aristocrats and their semi intelligent/virtuous followers. It's up to them to sterilize/kill/enslave their own racial undermen.

September 24, 2009, 01:27:27 PM
Every race has its aristocrats and their semi intelligent/virtuous followers. It's up to them to sterilize/kill/enslave their own racial undermen.

I agree totally. Every ethnic group should adopt sensible eugenic policies and by doing so, will improve itself vastly.

September 24, 2009, 02:46:31 PM
I am open to the idea of eugenics. I think in all honesty every sensible human is open to the concept except religious fanatics. Just look at the possibilities science offers people and how people welcome them. Doctors are now able to foresee many deficits during and even before pregnancy and it should come as no surprise that most parents do want healthy children. The ability to foresee problems and terminate pregnancy at an early stage is advancing, you can also get your sperm checked etc. As long as abortion is legal the human race will (slowly) progress in the right direction there.

Of course this process could be sped up if some dictator came to power and forced people to have abortions, be sterilized and whatever you can imagine. But are you willing to simply hand that power over to someone? If you are then you deserve to be cut from the population yourself as far as I'm concerned. Seeing as you're willing to sacrifice whatever freedom you have over your own life for a mere promise of a better future, you probably would be a very dumb and insecure creature.

You want this for yourself and your children? Then do it yourself, don't hope for a strong leader who will make these decisions for you. All that power could so easily be used for completely different ends. Can you think of any living politician right now that you would trust with a task like this? I can't, hence my stance on this. I think it's better to grow a strong family tree and hope to positively influence human kind. Improve the world by improving yourself and don't let losers get you down.

Also with regards to global pollution I think this plan would only work if every nation on earth started doing it. Since that will never happen I fear the simple application of this concept (round people up and shoot them) would never work. You'd even risk getting into a civil war and your country would be weakened and easily overtaken by outside forces (most likely UN in this case)

I'd rather support more positive solutions to getting a better society, even if they take longer and are more frustrating. The death penalty for the worst criminals and the corrupt officials is something I advocate outside of the eugenics issue.

Anyway, I thought this was a troll thread?

September 30, 2009, 04:32:12 PM
I thought this was a troll thread?

Trolling is a method, not a type of content. If I troll people into understanding that NaCl is salt, that doesn't make it less true.