Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Venom's satanism = christianity

Venom's satanism = christianity
March 05, 2006, 06:52:15 PM
Quote from Crono on an interview at Braveworlds:
The whole point of being a Satanist is not running a round attacking people and being an idiot. That's where the Norwegian guys got it all wrong. Burning churches has nothing to do with Satanism, really. ...One of the laws is responsibility to the responsible. That's so easy to understand. Walk down the street and bother nobody. If somebody stands in your way, tell them to move. If they don't move, destroy them. How easy it that to understand? Live you own life, indulgence instead of abstinence.

Translation- don't be proactive. Don't take a stand for or against anything until it's personally wronged you, never mind trying to enact any positive change upon the world, because that might infringe upon somebody's rights.

Seems quite defeatist to me, and, dare I say it, very christian.

Re: Venom's satanism = christianity
March 05, 2006, 07:03:37 PM
In every form, the crowd bleats the same dogma: keep the individual sacred, because if there's a goal, we might all fall short.

Hilariously paradoxical how individualism = crowdism, but there you have it.

Venom has never been a favorite anyway. I rank it with Nirvana and other "influential" bands whose music is eminently take-it-or-leave-it.

March 05, 2006, 07:07:43 PM
His quote is taken directly from LaVey, so no wonder.

March 06, 2006, 03:30:30 AM
if laVey had been an honest man he would've just called his 'church of satan' the 'church of laVey', but obviously you get more attention if you use satan instead your own name.

March 06, 2006, 11:49:38 AM
I never thought anyone took Venom very seriously anyways.

March 07, 2006, 12:51:46 AM
who cares?
yahweh, bring me to valhala