Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Why this forum is different than others

Re: Why this forum is different than others
October 14, 2004, 12:54:49 AM
a tiny contribution: http://www.myrrthronth.de, a black metal only site with reviews, artist index, forum (for which the primary language is german) etc.

October 17, 2004, 10:18:41 PM
How about a musicians sub forum? In case anybody wants to discuss making metal, using instruments, hardware, etc.

October 19, 2004, 09:48:30 PM
Though a bit cliched, A musician's sub-forum might not be that bad of an idea considering that a portion of the people who frequent anus have some working knowledge of music theory and skills, as well as interesting ideas to work from.
These fragments I have shored against my ruins
Why then Ile fit you. Hieronymo's mad againe.
Datta. Dayadhvam. Damyata.
               Shantih   shantih   shantih

October 20, 2004, 08:48:08 PM
Not entirely on topic, but I'm having problems with the board, a couple of my posts seem to be missing and I can't imagine why you might delete them.

October 21, 2004, 01:05:20 AM
i don't think anybody wants to delete your posts...maybe they were moved?

October 21, 2004, 06:02:38 AM
Nah, 'cause they weren't threads, they were posts replying to other posts in a topic so moving them would defeat the point of them.

October 21, 2004, 03:15:16 PM
"Nah, 'cause they weren't threads, they were posts replying to other posts in a topic so moving them would defeat the point of them."

I know on Prozak's other boards he deletes posts that believes to be irrelevant or unhealthy for the board. Perhaps this same rule is applied here.

October 21, 2004, 05:31:48 PM
If that's the case then I fully support it (though I'm unsure if it applies to my posts, I accept it if srp believes it to be the case), I just thought I'd ask in case it actually was a problem with the board itself.

October 21, 2004, 05:59:47 PM
Re: posts missing, I don't know. Possibly an error on our part or an inopportune interruption while we were upgrading scripts yesterday.

Re: email on the forum failing it; we've got a fix in progress so you should be receiving mail from the forum now. ("If you did not receive this email, please email. LOL @ computers")

October 25, 2004, 07:40:40 PM
Prozak I have to ask, why is the censor on these forums so damn sensitive?  There are some basic words that are taken out like, p e n i s, f a g, b i t c h...I do think that some of their fill in words are quiet amusing, however and I wonder if perhaps the amusment is the purpose.  It's really not a big deal to me because I rarely put a curse word in my posts, but sometimes I just want to lay it down and let it resonante and I get somthing like "son of a pregnant dog" instead of "son of a b i t c h."  It's funny and I have found my way around it by putting spaces between the words but darn if that thing isn't picky!  It even censors the f a g in the band name Sarcofago.  Oh well I guess.  I felt compelled to ask after my last post had some pretty silly edits, it's amusing to me still but I was just wondering why these forums are so sensitive when the other forum on ANUS is so laxed.

And now because I feel compelled, I'm going to put a bunch of curse words down because I'm curoius as to what will come out:

fuck
piss
cunt
tits
cock
motherfucker
cocksucker
anal
ass
shithole
vaginal warts  
"...there's too much of an emphasis on [music] as entertainment.  It should be a necessary part of the culture.  It should be part of communication, for education, therapy, for meditation." -B. Perry

October 25, 2004, 07:46:29 PM
I think it's just the standard format that YaBB software comes equipped with to deal with profanity; most users who install this software are sensitive liberal faggots who cringe at loud noises in the dark. It probably just hasn't been dealt with yet, as it's such a relatively minor thing - but the comedy value is worth it, I agree.

October 25, 2004, 07:49:29 PM
I think it's just the standard format that YaBB software comes equipped with to deal with profanity; most users who install this software are sensitive liberal f*g**ts who cringe at loud noises in the dark. It probably just hasn't been dealt with yet, as it's such a relatively minor thing - but the comedy value is worth it, I agree.  

Yeah that's what I was thinking it was.  It really does put out some amusing stuff though.  I'm suprised that some of the words I put above got through while others did not.  It let me say anal, but not p e n i s or v a g i n a or even d a m n...how the hell did the bastards that devloped this put forth that kind of logic?  Beats the hell out of me man.
"...there's too much of an emphasis on [music] as entertainment.  It should be a necessary part of the culture.  It should be part of communication, for education, therapy, for meditation." -B. Perry

October 25, 2004, 08:01:55 PM
"girl thingyl warts"

;D

October 25, 2004, 08:05:55 PM
n'igger = African-American
but
Jewish person = Jewish person