Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Feminist magazine BITCH writes about metal

It could also be part of the natural repulsion towards homosexuals. You have to remember, it is a mental disability. Metal should never promote the weak.

Is this a serious comment or just trolling? I am actually unable to tell. I will assume it was trolling but just incase it wasn't homosexuality has been observed in over 1500 different species of animals, to white wash it as a mental illness seems absurd to the utmost.

Has absolute homosexuality been observed in over 1500 different species of animals, whereby a male or female of the species will have sexual intercourse with only a member of its own sex, and not ever with a member of the other sex(es)?

This, of course, is assuming that every one of these 1500 different species actually has more than one sex.

It could also be part of the natural repulsion towards homosexuals. You have to remember, it is a mental disability. Metal should never promote the weak.

Is this a serious comment or just trolling? I am actually unable to tell. I will assume it was trolling but just incase it wasn't homosexuality has been observed in over 1500 different species of animals, to white wash it as a mental illness seems absurd to the utmost.

Homosexuality prevents that specimen from reproducing. Isn't that a problem?

Sexual reproduction only works with a male and a female. Any other combination doesn't make sense. It's like trying to eat by shoving food up your ass. That's not how the system works. If an individual is unable to understand that they need to put the food in their mouth (copulate with a member of the opposite sex) and keeps trying to shove it up their ass (homosexuality) I think you would also assume it was a mental disorder.

Compulsive behavior that so contradicts natural function would appear to be a mental disorder to me for that reason. I'm guessing that mental disorders and genetic irregularities have probably been observed in a similar number of species.

Although I am essentially ambivalent about homosexuality on the whole, I will never be comfortable with it to be perfectly honest - that's how deep-rooted those ideas are to many of us old bastards. 

That's how deep rooted it is in your instincts, not just socialization. People are natural uncomfortable around those whom they consider disturbed.

NHA

The prevalence of homosexuality is probably way too high to be a real mental illness (compared to schizophrenia for example).

Quote from: Kinsey
It is a fundamental of taxonomy that nature rarely deals with discrete categories... The living world is a continuum in each and every one of its aspects.

Sexuality as a gradient makes the most sense, especially when the ratio of males to females is heavily skewed.

What people consider disturbing can vary a lot from culture to culture. A lot of the shit considered normal in Ancient Greece would land you a few felonies in America today.

The prevalence of homosexuality is probably way too high to be a real mental illness (compared to schizophrenia for example).

Sexuality as a gradient makes the most sense, especially when the ratio of males to females is heavily skewed.

When then it is a mental illness by degrees. Any way you try to frame it - the less attracted to the opposite sex one is (especially in the animal world where decisions are made by instincts) the less likely they are to reproduce. Since there is a continuum, it's not a death sentence to that genetic line, the specimen may still reproduce, but in Darwinian terms quite a deficiency, wouldn't you say?

Perhaps a more important question is: why is it so prevalent? Why would nature create so many individuals that are so unfit to reproduce?

On second thought, the second half doesn't make that much sense to me. If there are too few females, how does turning gay help the males reproduce? I could guess that it is an outlet for their need to screw something, but that doesn't appear to be the case in humans, human homosexuality being the real issue here.

I don't see anything wrong with labeling homosexuality as a mental disorder or condition.  The only problem is, so what?  Does it impede their ability to contribute to society?  And if it's a disorder that prevents them from reproducing, what's the concern?  They can't have kids.  Aside from all that, there's no way of curing it (despite what nutjob Christians would have you believe).  So we're simply stuck with them, which is fine with me.  More men and women for a workforce, but without the sexual competition.

The way I see it, there are two types of homosexual:

1) Homosexuals who are legitimately attracted to the same sex

2) Homosexuals who are comfortable having sex with the same sex.

The former has been found to have a brain structure similar to that of the opposite sex. A gay male's brain reward them for checking out the male form, in parallel to a straight male's brain rewarding them for admiring the female form. The cause here is nature.

The latter is more difficult to nail down, but I'd suppose that the cause here is nurture (environment). They may not be truly attracted to the same sex, but they'll gladly sodomize/be sodomized by them.

they'll gladly sodomize/be sodomized by them.
I suppose it is worth mentioning that in mammal social species, sodomy is often used as a means for alpha males to display dominance over beta males.  With this understanding, it becomes easier to see how certain "homosexuals" are actually just people with control issues.  There are even men who will have a woman sodomize them with a strap-on dildo.  I know that sounds totally awesome, but it'll ruin your butthole for sure.