Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Kingdom of the Dwarfs

Kingdom of the Dwarfs
September 29, 2009, 09:41:39 PM
I don't know if you have heard of this place. It's somewhere in Haikou. A village only with people with short statures. Pay the entrance fee and you can watch these people perform.

When I first heard this I pictured myself obscure freak shows from a hundred years back. I ended up having a fight with my Chinese family about it. Let me quote what my mother in law said

"They can't work anywhere, they are disabled people, so we have a village for them to live and be happy in. No one would hire a dwarf. In China we have villages like this for all kinds of people, like fat people, disabled people. This way they can get a steady income every month since people come and see them perform."

I really didn't know what to say to this... I for one thought it was completely outrageous that anyone with some kind of disability can't get a job. Then again women who has children can't get jobs either. I might have a "bad China day" but after 3 years in China, China keeps on surprising me with completely insane ways of dealing with "problems".

What do you guys think? Is this kind of place completely outrageous and inhumane or should we beleive the Chinese propaganda saying that "They are happy like never before inside this compund"

http://www.gokunming.com/en/forums/thread/1836/kingdom_of_the_dwarfs

What do the anus forums think? Personally I think it's a damn good solution.

Re: Kingdom of the Dwarfs
September 29, 2009, 10:10:08 PM
Numerous major cities have midget and dwarf enclaves. This isn't generally known to the public.

September 30, 2009, 04:26:06 PM
Personally I think it's a damn good solution.

It's a practical solution. The guy who wrote the blurb thought it was outrageous that reality exists; in fact, having someone radically bigger or smaller than the norm is going to present problems at a job. Might as well group 'em and let them have something they can do for a living.

We can't fix that they're dwarves (unless we shoot them). We should move forward instead of obsessing about how awful, emo, etc. that is.

October 01, 2009, 01:25:25 AM
I wonder what it'd be like to walk around in a midget town, wrecking the place (Simulating a Godzilla attack!)

http://www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakeinafight.com/