Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

We declare a war on shitty Metal

We declare a war on shitty Metal
September 30, 2009, 10:06:31 PM
Modern Metal is faced with a problem of dysgenics, right now: way too many piss-poor Metal bands selling records and not enough recognition for the true leaders of our era (Averse Sefira, Antaeus, Summoning, and Graveland to name the few). Here are some possible strategies:

- encourage good Metal bands to not tour with shitty bands - it's all to common to see crap Metal and Metalcore bands on the same bills as good ones, these days
- lay the pressure on the bigger Metal labels (Nuclear Blast, Century Media, Earache)
- support quality Metal bands
- make your opinions known at concerts with mixed bills
- troll the shit of crappy Metal bands and their supporters

Re: We declare a war on shitty Metal
October 01, 2009, 12:18:51 AM
What kind of bands should we be trolling? Trolling metalcore bands is a lost cause and will change nothing.

October 01, 2009, 12:55:32 AM
How would you encourage good Metal bands to not tour with shitty bands?

Explain more of what you mean with all this.

October 01, 2009, 01:08:48 AM
How would you encourage good Metal bands to not tour with shitty bands?

Explain more of what you mean with all this.

By directing them towards quality independent Metal bands, most of whom I can't think of because there is such a deluge of shitty Metal right now.

To answer your second question, I like to balance out the allele frequencies in Metal culture right now, as the shitty Metal bands gobble up too much resources and pump out too much crappy music.

I'd also like to point out that the aforementioned labels got their names initially selling music from quality Metal bands and are therefore more liable for their endorsement of shitty metal.

For worthy targets of trolling, visit Relapse Records and other hipster Metal labels' rosters. Also, I disagree with Sepulchral Voice in that trolling metalcore bands is not a lost cause. Many of the members of those bands are emtionally and mentally insecure individuals and thus especially prone to trolling.