Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Cybermetal

Re: Cybermetal
October 14, 2009, 06:33:31 AM
Cyberpunk: did you mean digital hardcore or cybergrind? Industrial metal? Breakcore?

Cyberpunk is a science fiction genre. Blade Runner is a good example.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk

I think Conservationist's talking about song themes in this thread?

I hope that's not a wild guess... But the posts after the first three tell me I'm wrong.

October 14, 2009, 08:39:43 AM
Not actually "metal", but very extreme digitalism (grind fans would maybe be opened to this) is ATOMSMASHER (2001) by JAMES PLOTKIN.

Also NOISM's +/- album from last year. this one may give you a headache, really unhuman, but the one above is a more balanced work. I really like it.
World War I as the End of Civilization.
Tolkien as a Libertarian.
Sammaellofi:So for now on, when someone asks you what good metal is, don't say Slayer, Darkthrone, Morbid Angel, but instead say Hell Awaits, Transilvanian Hunger and Blessed are the Sick.

October 29, 2009, 06:32:19 AM
What about Aborym?  "With No Human Intervention" would be a good album if its playing time were cut by about a 1/3rd.  The tittle song of that album has a pretty cool video... I like their black-light corpsepaint look quite a bit.  "Fire Walk With Us" and "Kali Yagaa Bizarre" both had some good points.  However, after listening to them I tend to have an uneasy feeling that I've just consumed a product and not listened to music...
"Just like your ancestors
you will fight today."

-Rob Darken

November 18, 2009, 03:19:15 AM
I immediately thought of DBC for some reason. Although the lyrical themes do not reflect cybermetal, the music often does, imho.
"  Jesus Christ Submitted To The Roman Emperor At His Birth And At His Death: Jesus Christ Never Submitted to Man-Made Modern Democracy! "

November 20, 2009, 12:51:47 AM
i suppose Supuraton or SUP could be considered cybermetal. It isn't totally bad either, there are some interesting moments (on The Cube) albeit the clean vocals make me cringe.
"The traveler with empty pockets will sing in the thief 's face." - Juvenal

"When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside as fate." - Carl Jung

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." - Sigmund Freud

September 05, 2010, 05:54:49 AM
SADISTIK EXEKUTION

I've found that on examination of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qoHCIy1zA8Rok[/url]'s demeanor in interviews leaves distinction between bizarre self-depreciating nihilism and antisocial tendencies open to dispute. I also hear the occasional bit of talk about Dave Slave's bass videos but I disagree with the notion that speed equals compositional ability. Amusing, nonetheless.

The Monolith Deathcult's Trivmverate is cybermetal that explores the idea of differing levels of perception between different forms of life. The approach is thematically contra-metal, though it comes to the same conclusions as metal via an alternate conceptual path. A little plastic (see: Panzerchrist) but worth a listen.

September 05, 2010, 06:30:30 AM
The Kovenant

lol

There are bad songs on their SETI album for sure, but I definitely think the song Cybertrash is top-notch.
www.TheMetalDiscourser.com
The universe is naked, attack its corpus, take a real stab at your life and let the blood flow RIP the sound of the very fabric tearing.

September 05, 2010, 05:07:01 PM
Electric Doom Synthesis has some cyberpunk in there.
He who fears the dark, shall never see the light
http://www.last.fm/user/Beastofsodom

September 18, 2010, 03:08:57 PM
Blut aus Nord's The Work Which Transforms God has a dark industrial vibe to it in alot of spots, would definitely be worth looking into if you're into that kind of thing.